The Amazing Race starts tonight

Well that was a yawnfest. You pretty much knew that they wouldn't be bypassed. Wish there could've been something more challenging then just running everywhere

Yep, pretty disappointing finale - not just because of who won. Just didn't seem like anyone could pass another team this leg.

Hated the finale--so boring. And Brooke doesn't deserve to win. So whiny! And based on the interviews throughout the episodes, it wasn't a strategy, it was just her whining. I did like the conceit though--pairing up strangers. That worked way better than I expected. I'd be ok with another season like that.

In the early seasons there was much less equalizing. There were multiple flights, and in the first couple seasons I don't even think they had pre-arranged flights. Teams could get very spread out. I can't remember the season, but one year after the winning team stepped on the mat in New York (?), the producers had to notify one of the other final teams to stop doing their task back in Alaska! I know this was much more difficult to produce (think about holding the venues for challenges over a day or two), but it was more of a true race around the world. With the equalizing they now have every episode, it has essentially become a series of one-day challenges. And with that it becomes much more a matter of luck.

Just my two cents...

Yes! I very much miss the whole strategy of the flights and so on. It's boring when they're equalized at each leg. :(

Yep, pretty disappointing finale - not just because of who won. Just didn't seem like anyone could pass another team this leg.

I agree. They could have at least edited it where it looked like Tara and Joey were doing the scoreboard task at the same time as Scott and Brooke. They were pretty much finishing up when Tara and Joey arrived. It's like you knew they were going to win the whole time -- boring. On a side note, I saw where Justin Kanew from a few years ago (raced with his best friend Zev who had Asperger's) might be running against our congresswoman in 2018. :thumbsup2

I agree. They could have at least edited it where it looked like Tara and Joey were doing the scoreboard task at the same time as Scott and Brooke. They were pretty much finishing up when Tara and Joey arrived. It's like you knew they were going to win the whole time -- boring. On a side note, I saw where Justin Kanew from a few years ago (raced with his best friend Zev who had Asperger's) might be running against our congresswoman in 2018. :thumbsup2
I don't think they could have edited it to look like they were there at the same time considering they had to place numbers on a big scoreboard. I wonder what they would do if there were more than one person in the scoreboard. Did each person get a radio? Would they have to crawl over each other to put up their numbers? That would have been good TV!

I don't think they could have edited it to look like they were there at the same time considering they had to place numbers on a big scoreboard. I wonder what they would do if there were more than one person in the scoreboard. Did each person get a radio? Would they have to crawl over each other to put up their numbers? That would have been good TV!

I'm guessing they expected the teams to have some trouble remembering their finishing places in all the legs??? That would have created some drama, having to do the task more than once not knowing for sure which leg was wrong...

ETA: Plus they should have made more of the hot dog task, like had them exactly assemble some series of accompaniments or something...

Last edited:

Yep, disappointed by who won...or at least half of who won . She was awful. But I liked the season as a whole. Liked the theme of stranger pairs. The F3 teams seemed to really mesh well...even Scott and Brooke. I really gotta give props to Scott for knowing how to handle Brooke...me thinks he must have a similar mama, or sister, so he is well practiced.

I taped the ending and watched the show Sunday night. I think it just goes to show how whiny people use other people to help them get ahead. It is probably why no one could stand Brooke. I think we all know a Brooke in our lives or work place and you just want to bop them over the head. I was hoping so bad, Scott and Brooke taxi driver would of gotten lost going out to Chicagoland Speedway. Once you get off the highway, you have to drive a few miles thru small towns and country. I was disappointed in the Mom and Dad Team. When she got to the race track, she just blurted out, "I don't change tires," I think they would of make up more time, if she didn't drive.

Well, it's no surprise whom I'm rooting for, The Newfoundland Cousins from Corner Brook" of course! Go girls, Go!! :cheer2:

On other notes, the two whom were acing the race until last night's upset, way too cocky for me. Did you think the couple should have let them sink instead of helping them out with the basic algebra solution!? :teeth: I did... sigh.

Last edited:
Well, it's no surprise whom I'm rooting for, The Newfoundland Cousins from Corner Brook" of course! Go girls, Go!! :cheer2:

On other notes, the two whom were acing the race until last night's upset, way too cocky for me. Did you think the couple should have let them sink instead of helping them out with the basic algebra solution!? :teeth: I did... sigh.

Yes I was thinking that too. They are on a race . I thought the boys were going to use there xpress already. Smart giving it to the other couple for the answer. Nice to see that that some can to math and not all muscle.

Megan, and Courtney (Newfoundland cousins)... sigh. Should have, could have, and would have if, only they'd not thought the girls would be in last. I wish last night had of been an non elimination... sigh. :(

Megan, and Courtney (Newfoundland cousins)... sigh. Should have, could have, and would have if, only they'd not thought the girls would be in last. I wish last night had of been an non elimination... sigh. :(
Besides Netflix, where can you watch this, IPad, etc?

Yes I was hoping it was a non elimination too. I like these two girls. The boys were smart to use theirs. Now there is no expresses in play.

Lots of helping out one another so far. Don't know if it was the editing last night with the tent challenge but that one looked like they didn't have anything done yet and took the others answers and then worked with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!