The Annual Pass thread - information and questions

First time posting and first time returning to DLP since we had kids. We are going on the 14th - 18th of October and I was looking at the following sites for AP. Can I buy 2 X adult + child fantasy passes and 1 x child dream pass. Or do I need a full adult ticket for the third child from promoparcs site? I can't ad links.
Also one of the blackout dates is the 15th of October, am I correct in saying that I can still enter the park on that date if we have not gone in on the 14th as I will still have our temporary passes? Thanks for any info

you need a full adult price ticket for a 3rd child - the childs price tickets are only valid for each full price ticket you buy.

yes, you can activate your AP on the 15th instead of the 14th, even if 15th is a blackout date.

Thanks for that Elaine, I thought the price was too good to be true. I have found entry for 2 days for the 5 of us on another site for €364, so I think I will go with this option for this trip.

Are there any ways to get the annual passports before going to DLP? It seems the options have been limited recently.
We are in Germany, so we will be driving there. We are WDW veterans, but DLP is all new to us!
Was looking at staying at the Sequoia Lodge at the end of November. What would be the best (economical) way to proceed? We would be two adults and one child, age 7. Advice? Being four hours away, I imagine my son will want to return at least one more time.
TIA!!!:thumbsup2

I purchased 3 AP's for my family back in June before the price increase, and have not yet activated the voucher, as we are not going until December. If I link the voucher confirmation number in the MDE site, will this activate the AP's?

Ignore above it now seems that you can't buy the Francilien from DLP by post, in fact it seems to have been removed from their site and replaced with an 18 - 25 year olds AP.

Does the Francilien 2nd 3rd day blackout rule still apply if staying at a Disney hotel ?

Yes, they are the only ones which do, as they are non-contractual dates, not blackout dates as such.

Ignore above it now seems that you can't buy the Francilien from DLP by post, in fact it seems to have been removed from their site and replaced with an 18 - 25 year olds AP.

Do you have the link Jill? Thats a major change to the AP buying process, maybe you can still buy by post if DLP send out a Francillien AP application to you first? I've never heard of DLP offering a 18-25 AP before either, I wonder what the idea behind that is?

Okay, so we have 3 Fantasy APs - 2 adults and 1 child, that run out days before we are wanting to go in May next year. What's the cheapest way to have APs again - is it to renew (how does one do that?) or is it easier to just buy 3 new APs from somewhere like CE Multi where it's €129 for each of the adult APs and then just €39 for the child's AP. How far in advance can you buy an AP? Does it have to be validated in the parks within a certain time?

All this time being a fan of DLP and my AP knowledge is so poor!

Okay, so we have 3 Fantasy APs - 2 adults and 1 child, that run out days before we are wanting to go in May next year. What's the cheapest way to have APs again - is it to renew (how does one do that?) or is it easier to just buy 3 new APs from somewhere like CE Multi where it's €129 for each of the adult APs and then just €39 for the child's AP. How far in advance can you buy an AP? Does it have to be validated in the parks within a certain time?

All this time being a fan of DLP and my AP knowledge is so poor!

you can renew by post or in person at DLP, within a month either way of your current AP renewal date. When you renew, you get the option of a free 6 months validity on it (ie you pay full price for your renewals, but you get 18 months validity instead of 12).

As far as I'm aware, CEM and promoparcs are no longer offering the reduced-price APs for children outside of France.

Just reading the posts, on relation to not offering reduced price tickets for children outside of France?????? Is this for definite??? Could we get around this by using a friends address in Paris?? This will have a major affect on finances!!!

Just reading the posts, on relation to not offering reduced price tickets for children outside of France?????? Is this for definite??? Could we get around this by using a friends address in Paris?? This will have a major affect on finances!!!

from this recent thread on the subject -

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3200049

i think if you have a French residential address you can order to, you might be okay.

Anybody know the blockout dates for fantasy pass for 2014?
Pretty please with a disney cherry on top

here you go - this is from the French version of the DLP site -

Your Annual Pass is valid in the Fantasy Park Disneyland ® Park and Walt Disney Studios ® all year with the exception of days following restriction:

September 3, 10, 17, 21, 22, 28 and 29
OCT: 8, 15, 26, 31
November: 1, 2, 3, 16 and 30
December: 3, 7, 8, 14, 28 and 29,
January 1, 14, 21
March: 29 and 30
April: 5 and 20
May : 3, 10, 13, 20 and 31
June: 8, 17, 28 and 29
July: 5
August 30
September 2, 9, 16, 23, 27 and 28
October: 7, 14, 25, 26 and 31
November 1, 8, 15 and 18
DEC: 6, 13, 14 and 27,
January 1, 6, 13, 20 and 27
MARCH: 28 and 29

So my AP (Dream) expires 21/10 and we don't go until 24/11.
Can I renew in person 24/11 and still get the 6 months free added on?
Thanks
x

So my AP (Dream) expires 21/10 and we don't go until 24/11.
Can I renew in person 24/11 and still get the 6 months free added on?
Thanks
x

sorry kizzabel, i think you'll be just out of date to get the 6 months free. Have you emailed guest services to ask them? I would, in your situation, and if they say you can, I'd print off the email and take it with me to DLP :).

DLPdaft said:
sorry kizzabel, i think you'll be just out of date to get the 6 months free. Have you emailed guest services to ask them? I would, in your situation, and if they say you can, I'd print off the email and take it with me to DLP :).

Thanks Elaine. I'll send a message tomorrow and cross my fingers. If not can i renew via post from before expiry or does it have to be after expiry?
TIA

Thanks Elaine. I'll send a message tomorrow and cross my fingers. If not can i renew via post from before expiry or does it have to be after expiry?
TIA

you'd be best to ask that in your email, but i'm pretty sure it can be up to 30 days before, as well as up to 30 days after, the date of expiry on your current AP.

DLPdaft said:
you'd be best to ask that in your email, but i'm pretty sure it can be up to 30 days before, as well as up to 30 days after, the date of expiry on your current AP.

Perfect, I'll send the email 1st and if not I can apply by post a day or two before the 30 days before expiry and i would (fingers crossed) have it back well before the 24th. My timing is terrible as usual lol :-/
Is there anywhere that the postal renewal process is explained in full? Its all in French and I'm a bit terrified of it already :-)

Just had this reply from the very helpful Gabrielle :thumbsup2

Thank you for your email concerning your upcoming visit to Disneyland® Paris and your Annual Passport.

Firstly, I wish to thank you for your patronage in the Disney magic. Indeed, it is truly heartening to hear that you are an annual passport holder and that you wish to renew your passport.

Please know that I have contacted our Annual Passport office regarding the renewal offer, including the additional free 6 months. They have advised that you may renew your passport by postal mail within the month before its expiration date, 21 October 2014. They have also advised that you can renew it even earlier if you wish (for example in September 2014) so that you are sure to receive it at home prior to your departure date on 24 November 2014. Though, please note that the new passport will be valid from 22 October 2014 until 21 April 2016. The condition to benefit from the offer of 6 additional months free is by paying the price 199.00€ for a new Dream Annual Passport.

In order to renew your passports please complete the renewal form, return it to the indicated address along with the required documents and means of payment. Please know that the form is available at the following link, however, it is currently only available in French.

http://idf-offres.disneylandparis.fr/FR/FR/Local/Images/bon-de-renouvellement-fr.pdf

Disneyland® Paris looks forward to soon welcoming you once more to the Resort.

Thats fairly straight forward and I'm thinking a couple of offsites for 2015 and some flights with Ryanair :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter