The Annual Pass thread - information and questions

It doesn't really make sense to do it that way. If you buy it while you are there the one year validity starts from that date, so it's running out well before you plan to use it. You'd be better off to buy it when you're booking your next trip, either from Disney itself or one of the annual pass vendors.

Thats a very good point. That totally slipped my mind. Yeah, Ill make sure I buy it next time Im there then. Its a shame that I already have my hotel package (with my 4-day ticket) already booked as I would've bought my annual pass then instead. Ah well, its no big issue as the main thing is, ill be at Disneyland having fun regardless!

Seems to make sense. I bought mine last year from dlp-kaarten online. He emails them to you, you print them off and then exchange for permanent passes once in the park. This way I had them bought and paid for but they are only valid from when you get the permanent one made in the park. You can buy them up to 6 months in advance this way.

Seems to make sense. I bought mine last year from dlp-kaarten online. He emails them to you, you print them off and then exchange for permanent passes once in the park. This way I had them bought and paid for but they are only valid from when you get the permanent one made in the park. You can buy them up to 6 months in advance this way.

Thats a great option to be fair. Ill be planning another trip back to DLP (probably in early 2017), so ill just make sure I don't buy any tickets and then buy my annual pass when I arrive. Thanks again for the help.

Hi all AP veterans! Need a little advice please!

Backstory: husband and I bought fantasy annual passes April 2015.

Now if I understand correctly, this means we can't be sponsored again, correct?

We're intending on taking a trip in November, 5 of us, me, husband, son (baby), and MIL + FIL. Now, baby won't need pass so that's irrelevant.

Is there a way of husband and I renewing passes so as to be able to sponsor the PIL? Also debating upgrading one pass to a dream for discounts etc. Worth it?

And secondly... I believe the classic cant be used for two days after purchase, meaning we'd have to get them the fantasy's. Unless there is away we could buy classics in advance and still sponsor them (assuming a way of renewing ours).

Sorry if my info is incorrect, or if this doesn't make sense... I have a cracking headache so I may be incoherent. Just trying to cheer myself up holiday planning!!

Thanks in advance! Xx

Hi All,

We're off to Disneyland Paris on Friday and I had a question about the Annual Passports. I've been to Disneyland Paris over 20 times however we've always booked through the main Disneyland website or through a travel agent who would book direct through DLP, so our park tickets have always been included in the price and we just collect them when we arrive at the resort.

HOWEVER, this year, we got an incredibly good deal through Expedia, which was too good to resist (More than half the price than going through the Disneyland website). The only downside to this deal is that it doesn't include the park tickets. I wasn't sure if anyone has booked through Expedia before? Or whether you do get the park tickets included anyway because you're booked into a Disney hotel?

Anyway, because of this, and the fact we do go to Disneyland Paris a few times a year, I was thinking this time we'll just bite the bullet and get Annual passes.

So, can you just walk up to the main gates and buy a Fantasy pass? Then proceed to the Annual Pass office near Discoveryland to collect your're actual pass that day. There's no risk of us not being able to do this on the day? Just to double check before we go.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance :-)

I believe you are just asking if you can by a walk up and buy an annual pass. The answer would be yes you can. The only issue you may have is lines.

You can also buy a dayticket at your hotel when you check in. This provides you acces to the park and saves you time waiting in line at the gate. At the bureau passport annuel the dayticket will then be deducted from your fantasypass so you will pay the price for fanatasy minus the dayticketcosts you already paid. That's how we did it and saved us time waiting at the gate :)

And it might be worth checking the sponsor topic to see if anyone is in the parks to give you an extra 10% off each pass :)

That's awesome, thanks guys, that was my main worry waiting at the ticket booths especially in the summer holidays when it's going to be busy. I'll get them in the hotel when we arrive. :-)

That's awesome, thanks guys, that was my main worry waiting at the ticket booths especially in the summer holidays when it's going to be busy. I'll get them in the hotel when we arrive. :-)

Just a quick reminder it must be a 1-dayticket (single or both parks doesn't matter), they do not take in multiple day tickets at the bureau passort annual. Have fun in Disney! :D

Ok, so here's what i need to know:

1) What discounts do you get within the park?
2)How long does it take to get one?
3) What prove do we need to bring?
4) Been told i cannot use it in UK Disney stores, only in France?
5) Is it worth the money considering i have gaps between trips with having a young child? Don't go every year
6) How much is the dream pass in £?
7) If i use it to book a holiday with Disneyland Paris, what do i get discount wise? do i have to book myself a park ticket or is the annual pass my ticket? And discount off others tickets? (husband and 3 year old)
8) And we have multiple day tickets so will i have to buy another day ticket or buy the pass out right and not get money off? thanks

Thanks very much guys! xx

5) Is it worth the money considering i have gaps between trips with having a young child? Don't go every year
7) If i use it to book a holiday with Disneyland Paris, what do i get discount wise? do i have to book myself a park ticket or is the annual pass my ticket? And discount off others tickets? (husband and 3 year old)
8) And we have multiple day tickets so will i have to buy another day ticket or buy the pass out right and not get money off? thanks

I rang them yesterday on +33160306053

You must bring some sort of ID (passport for each person and proof of address ie: A Bill. This is what she tells me on the phone.
She then tells me, you can by a one day pass online, print it off and use it on day of arrival to eliminate queueing at front gate pay desk. Then proceed to the AP office up by Buzz Light year area. They will take into account your day pass off your Dream Pass cost. The Dream pass gives you early mouse hours and some free drinks in some restaurants when presented.

Also when you renew you AP next year they give you an extra 6 months free.. Not bad!!!

Annual Passport Dream
  • Unlimited magic for €223
  • Admission on 365 days
  • Includes parking and Extra Magic Hours
  • 20% discount in the shops
  • 10% discount in the Disneyland®Paris restaurants
  • From €97 (€0.99 tourist tax /adult/night not included ) for one night at Disney's Hotel Santa Fe® and / or Disney 's Hotel Cheyenne®
  • Invitations to special events
  • Plus plenty more perks...

Special rates and top tips
Large family
20% off when you purchase or exchange 5 Annual Passports all at the same time.

Ok, so by buying the day ticket, im basically paying part of the pass, so i'm not losing any money then? that's good, coz ive budgeted this trip lol. and not much off the hotels really, but the 6 months free sounds good, and i can renew over the phone according to Disneyland Paris, but i renew over the phone do i still get the 6mnths free? xx
Thanks very much for your help xx

DH seems to have really caught the Disney bug after our last trip to WDW and has booked a trip to DLP for New Year. Our coach package either includes a 2 day/2 park ticket, or 2 1 day/2 park tickets (we're getting entry for two days, but I don't know how they work that out!) Either way, from what I've read, we can upgrade either of those to Annual Passes, I think. He's already planning further trips and pricing up options, and talking about wanting to go again.

I know we would need Dream passes, as I work in a school and need to visit at peak times. I know they should take the gate price for the ticket off the cost of the pass (unless it's a ticket that can't be upgraded, and I have a vague idea of what I'm looking for to know if that's the case or not!).

I know we need ID (passport) and proof of address- will they take our driving licenses for that? My name isn't on bills, on bank statements and credit card statements! I know we can sort out the upgrade inside the park, and that's probably quicker than doing it at the gate...

Is there anything else we need to know?

Hi, you need to check that your tickets are not part of a package. If they are they will say 0 euros on the reverse. If they are non package tickets they will have the ticket price on the reverse. You can only upgrade non package tickets to AP's. We were once lucky as we had Tesco vouchers for our tickets and they issued us with "proper" tickets by mistake so we could upgrade them.
Buying an AP online works out well and quite cheap. We often book an onsite hotel for 1 adult and then add additional adults at check in with AP's. You only pay about 2 euros per adult per night and this includes breakfast. You can then use your AP on blackout days and use EMH's.

You probably won't know what ticket type you have till you get there, just be prepared that you may not be able to upgrade.
Hope this all makes sense :confused3:)

Hi, you need to check that your tickets are not part of a package. If they are they will say 0 euros on the reverse. If they are non package tickets they will have the ticket price on the reverse. You can only upgrade non package tickets to AP's. We were once lucky as we had Tesco vouchers for our tickets and they issued us with "proper" tickets by mistake so we could upgrade them.
Buying an AP online works out well and quite cheap. We often book an onsite hotel for 1 adult and then add additional adults at check in with AP's. You only pay about 2 euros per adult per night and this includes breakfast. You can then use your AP on blackout days and use EMH's.

You probably won't know what ticket type you have till you get there, just be prepared that you may not be able to upgrade.
Hope this all makes sense :confused3:)
My understanding is that is also must be only a one day ticket in order to have the price applied towards upgrading to an AP.

Yes. Just go to Bureau Passeport Annuel in either of the parks. You'll pay the difference in price fully. :)
I'd be going on a blockout date so I guess I'll have to pay the extra at one of the ticket booths before going into the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!