The Annual Pass thread - information and questions

I have a Dream, but just phoned the 08 number on the UK website. I got a deal that was better than the 2nights free offer for the time we are going, but often the special offers are better. In that case book it for one person so you only get 1 set of tickets, and add the extra person/people to the room when you get there. You will just need to pay the extra room tax which is €1 or 2 per person per night

Thanks for your reply! I had no idea it will be cheaper to book for 1 person versus two. So to confirm, book the room for 1 person, and then when I check in, add the second person? I don't know why Disney Paris makes it so difficult to book their hotels using the discount. I also don't understand why you can't book room only on their site. They sure don't make it easy to stay at Disney.

Thanks for your reply! I had no idea it will be cheaper to book for 1 person versus two. So to confirm, book the room for 1 person, and then when I check in, add the second person? I don't know why Disney Paris makes it so difficult to book their hotels using the discount. I also don't understand why you can't book room only on their site. They sure don't make it easy to stay at Disney.
Check out the online offers, then before you book phone and see what the room only offer is for your level. If the online offer is better then yes, just book the online offer for 1 person and add the second person at check in. If the room only price is better book it for both people.

It can also be worth checking the other countries' websites as each has different offers. If you find a better offer with another country you can either book it through that website or call and ask to be put through to that country's call centre and book it there, again, if it's a package and you have AP's, then just book it for 1 person and add the second at check-in.

And yes, they don't make it easy, but the CM I spoke to when I booked couldn't have been more helpful :). Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. I kept calling and calling, and the number is finally back in service. So very weird for it to be out of service for a few days. Odd part is, I tried to tweet them to let them know their phone wasn't working, and they didn't understand what I was talking about.

But anyway, I called to get a quote, but it was a quote for the room only. I will call back to ask for a quote with the package to compare the price. Thanks so much. Do you know on average what the cheapest it is? I have a quote for Santa Fe for 296 euros for two nights, and then 900 something euros for the NY hotel. This is for 2 ppl. So will my rate be cheaper if I tell them 2 ppl and add the second person later? Are the discounts for certain hotels only? They were only able to give me quotes for these two.

OK, if you have an annual pass and call to get a room quote, that quote is for the room only, with no tickets. The price is the room price. There will be a difference of a couple of £ or Euros per night because of room tax for the number of people, but the set room rate is the same no matter how many people are in it. There is no reason to just book 1 person and add the other later because you aren't booking a package where they're charging you for tickets you don't need.

Check out the package prices online before calling to find out what they would be. Price them up for 1 person at the room level and hotel you would like. If it turns out the package (even with the tickets included) price is cheaper than your room only discounted price, then THAT is when you book for only one person (so you only pay for 1 set of tickets), and add the second at check in. The Annual Pass discount changes throughout the year, so there's no way to know for sure which is cheaper, but from other people's experience, often the package deals are the better way to go.

Hi all!

I'm just starting to research the new DLP annual pass structure. Any tips from veteran AP holders now with this new structure? And is sponsorship a thing of the past, now that there are 4 tiers at new pricing?

Thanks!

Sponsorship is still around, but I haven't done it so don't know if it's any different. When renewing generally it's now only 4 months extra instead of 6

We are renewing this week. We are going for the one below infinity. We don't go during Hallowe'en or Christmas and those are the only blackout dates. Yes we go down to 10% in shops instead of 20 but we decided that the amount we'd have to spend to make a difference probably wouldn't be spent even though we do spend a lot

Sponsorship is still around, but I haven't done it so don't know if it's any different. When renewing generally it's now only 4 months extra instead of 6

We are renewing this week. We are going for the one below infinity. We don't go during Hallowe'en or Christmas and those are the only blackout dates. Yes we go down to 10% in shops instead of 20 but we decided that the amount we'd have to spend to make a difference probably wouldn't be spent even though we do spend a lot
Thank you!

Quick newb question: do you think the Magic Flex would be the best deal for one adult who is eager to avoid school holidays? (I like to avoid the crowds when I can!) Just trying to decide between all the different kinds of AP and 300 days seems like it's a much better deal than the 150 offered with the Discovery pass.

Hi, I am looking to get APs through the mail-in forms. I cannot seem to find how long it will take, and if I send it now, when does my year begin? Once I first use it? Once they issue it? I live in Europe already so transit time might be less than to the States.

Also, the pictures I am supposed to attach...just like a passport photo? Does anyone know the official size? Are there restrictions like plain background, no smiling, no Mouse Ears, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Hello all! Planning our return visit to DLP this spring, and I'm trying to figure out what will be the cheapest hotel dates. I've looked at the calendar from the brochure, but that does not seem to correspond with discounts I'm getting from the phone number. Anyone have any tricks of how to have an idea of when would be cheapest before calling and comparing? Many thanks.

hello:flower1: just an update re applying for AP via post, I have just done it and it was just under 3 weeks...

Tuesday 29.01 posted from UK via Royal Mail International Track + Sign
Monday 4.02 it was delivered to DLP and on Thursday 7th I could see pending transaction on my credit card
and APs arrived here yesterday 15.02 and we had to signed for them as well here

also to add I was applying for AP for hubby and son and used my shareholders discount for them no issues

hth

I know the cheapest AP used to have a restriction where you couldn't use if for the first couple of days after you bought it. I haven't seen that restriction listed on the new ones, is that correct?

I know the cheapest AP used to have a restriction where you couldn't use if for the first couple of days after you bought it. I haven't seen that restriction listed on the new ones, is that correct?
I’m pretty sure it’s still there for the base level one. Hopefully someone else can confirm

Yes, it is. The info is rather hidden on the website. You need to click on "view validity period" and then underneath the calender ist says: The Discovery Annual Pass doesn’t allow the access to the 2 Disney Parks the 2nd and 3rd days of validity of the Definitive Annual Pass, as well as the days of restrictions as indicated above.

Can anybody help? I’m considering getting the Infinity AP as it may work out cheaper for us for an upcoming trip I’m planning. It’ll be our first time to DLP. I’m wanting to stay at Cheyenne from Sunday 29th Sept until Fri 4th Oct for 2 adults. Does anyone have any idea what kind of price I’ll be given for a room only with the Infinity discount? Any help would be very appreciated as I’m so confused at the moment.

Can anybody help? I’m considering getting the Infinity AP as it may work out cheaper for us for an upcoming trip I’m planning. It’ll be our first time to DLP. I’m wanting to stay at Cheyenne from Sunday 29th Sept until Fri 4th Oct for 2 adults. Does anyone have any idea what kind of price I’ll be given for a room only with the Infinity discount? Any help would be very appreciated as I’m so confused at the moment.

Prices for the rooms can vary a lot, from a % from full price to fix prices (I've often seen rooms in the Santa Fe and Cheyenne below 100 EUR. However you must have your AP before you can book the rooms, so you would need to buy your AP in advance, and only then call to get the AP discount price.

Another option is looking at sites like Expedia, they often have the Disney hotels and have the option to get the room only (without the park tickets).

And of course if you're getting passports, you can stay off site. There are plenty of hotels near the park, some walking distance, most with shuttle buses (if you don't have a car), and they are often way cheaper than the Disney hotels. And with the Infinity passport you get access to the park during the extra magic hour anyway.

Why are you thinking of the Infinity? Isn't the Magic Plus enough? The price difference is considerable, and unless you're planning on visiting during the block out dates (halloween and Christmas, basically) you may find it a much better deal

So with the Magic Plus Annual Pass and the Infinity pass, there is an option to buy 1 day / 2 park tickets at a discounted rate of €45 or €39 respectively. Under the footnote it says the following "(12) Privilege 1 day /2 Parks Ticket (unique price for adult and children), valid on the day of the purchase, sold at the Disney Parks on-site ticket offices, within the limit of 5 tickets per week per Annual Pass Holder and up to a maximum of 10 tickets over the period of validity for the Magic Plus Pass and up to 20 tickets over the validity period for Infinity Pass holders. Tickets are valid only on the validity days of the Annual Pass." Is there anything special about the "Privilege 1 day / 2 Parks Ticket", or is it an old designation (as it looks like they are supposed to be called MINI, MAGIC, and SUPERMAGIC depending on the day going).

I am assuming that if I bought the Annual Pass, I could buy a ticket for my wife and child two days in a row, and then for my child the third day (as my wife only wants to spend 2 days at the parks). This would keep me under the 5 per week. Is there anything I am not seeing that might be problem (ie. do they only have a limited number of "Privilege 1 day / 2 Parks Tickets" and sometimes sell out, or can you not buy them in certain seasons, or any other restriction)? If I did the Magic Plus Annual pass, my cost would be €259 (pass) + €49 (Photopass) + 5x€45 (5 one day passes) = €563. If I did the Infinity Annual Pass, it would be €399 + 5X€39 = €594. And if I did 2 3-day passes and 1 2-day pass it looks like the cost is 2x€201 + 1X€159 = €561 (though I would not have the Photopass with this option). It seems like the best option would be the Magic Plus Annual Pass unless the Infinity Pass gave me an extra €31 in savings.

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone with experience could help. Thanks!

I am not sure if this has been asked but I can’t seem to find it... we are from the states and were looking at annual passes. Is the only way by mail? How long does that normally take?

So, I phoned DLP the other day with a similar query as I'm visiting in late May-early June. The simple answer is .....maybe you will get a better price. They explained that it really depends on what time of the year you are travelling, so during the summer in fact it can end up being much more expensive to book with your annual passport than taking advantage of the spring and summer offers which are valid for the rest of the year! In our case it was way cheaper to book a regular package through the website. So my best advice would be to call or chat with a disney representative on the website, they have a lot of info and they can give you an idea of the pricing you can get, or have them call you back ;-) Hope it helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!