"The Attic" at BWV

princess angel

**If You Can Dream It, You can Do It**
during our 10 day stay at the BWV (just returned saturday) on our 8th day, dh and I discovered the Attic room above jellyrolls. We thought it was very cool! Does anyone actually use it though, and really what is it for??? Is it just a rec room for dvc members to "hang out" in?? looked like you could bring food up there and eat on the deck there?!!?

any elaboration would be great! we wished we would have found it sooner in our stay, (although we probably wouldn't have used it anyway),!

we'll be back at the BW in October though!!! :)

thanks for any info!!!

Laura :):D

You were able to go in? That's unusual. The original plan was for it to be a DVC member area but they changed their mind before the resort opened. My understanding was it was a private party room (i.e., when you have WDW cater something for a group event, etc.) that you pay to use either with a fee or by the cost of the catering. If they've opened it up to guests that would be great.

We were there in February and the attic was locked. I was curious about the room but could not get in to look around. One night during our stay they had a catered affair there, so I guess it's for private functions.

Yes, we just walked right in!!!
We were curious, cause you can see that there is something up there above jellrolls, from the BW, so one day (mid-afternoon) we went to see what it was, the door was unlocked, so we just walked right in, we spent about 10-15 minutes just looking around, walked out onto the deck too. that was it. there was some sodas in the fridge, and there was a huge coffee pot that was on.
hmmmm, I wonder now, maybe it was a fluke that it was unlocked, or maybe it is open now for dvc members. However, I would think they would advertise it to dvc members if it was open. there was no mention of it in the newsletters.

anyone know for sure?????????

laura :)

Last time I stayed at the Boardwalk, the attic was unlocked, but the door was closed (went in anyway just to check it out). It looked as though the place was rarely used. It does have a great view and would make a great hangout for members, maybe something along the lines of the GS at OKW. I wish they would do something with it.

We thought it was going to be a DVC meeting place as well which would have been nice but I guess it never came about.

Ed
DVC 1994

Steve, what is the GS at OKW? That's my home resort, I want to make sure I haven't missed something, but I can't figure out what GS stands for. I'll probably feel real dumb when I find out!

Don't feel dumb....GS = Gurgling Suitcase (the bar).

Thanks, Pam -- I do feel dumb. I should have figured that one out, I mean I've only been a member for 6 years! Just can't quite get the hang of these abbreviations.

I was told that you could rent the room for private parties. Usually when it's unlocked it means they are probably getting ready for that night or the next day. We've seen the room used quite a bit when we have been down to WDW:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

When we were at the BW in September, our room was just a little ways away from the attic. We never saw anyone in there all week and the door was never locked. As a matter of fact, my kids would very often go there as we were either getting back to the villa or as they were waiting for all of us to get ready and leave.

We never hung out there, just popped in and looked around. The decor is very nice, comfortable and inviting!And you're right, the view is very nice!

The attic room is on the third floor, right above jelly rolls!

It would be a great place to have a DIS meet!!! :)

Laura :)

When we were there between 4/22 - 4/29, there was a party going on up there. I thought is was part of Jelly Rolls. I guess I was wrong. There was a lot of guys on the porch/balcony drinking beer.

We stopped in there to look around in December. There was a CM in there setting up a buffet for a party. We asked if we could look around and he said sure. I asked him some questions about the place. It is available for rent for various catered functions. He said it was a popular location because of the view. I took a few photos with my digital and my brother took a couple minutes of video in there. It's really cool how everything is set in the walls just like things stored in an attic. I'd love to have a party in there.

Our room in January was just down the hall from The Attic. I really wanted to check it out, but the doors were always locked and we never saw any CM's around.:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter