The Bachelorette

Rachel and Bryan sold me during the finale. They both seem genuinely happy to be together, in my household we would call that downright "squacky".

A full season of Peter would be hard to watch, sorry. He's reserved and kind of morose. Now, I could go for a season of Alex. Did I already say that? Incredibly handsome, funny, and reportedly very smart. Probably not the best timing though, since he's Russian. But the show usually becomes about someone other than the lead, so it will probably be Peter.

Now, I could go for a season of Alex. Did I already say that? Incredibly handsome, funny, and reportedly very smart. Probably not the best timing though, since he's Russian.
Alex could start a whole new level of détente -- Bachelor-style!

If Peter was such a "commitment-phobe", I can't help but wonder what possessed him to go on a show like that. Hadn't he ever seen it? Didn't he know what would be expected if he won?

Most of them go on the show for the exposure, for their businesses, themselves (some are wanna be actors), or to maybe be the next Bachelor. Not many go on to find True Love.

Most of them go on the show for the exposure, for their businesses, themselves (some are wanna be actors), or to maybe be the next Bachelor. Not many go on to find True Love.

Sadly, I realize you're right. But I keep falling back into that fantasy world where I think it's real and they're truly interested in finding love. Yeah-I know:rolleyes:

I wasn't going to focus on watching Paradise...
Didn't watch much of the first, boring, week. But, this week, and how they addressed the whole thing, was very good!!!
Boy, seeing how "emotional intelligence' Taylor seems to be changing (or trying to) WOW! The new Taylor is so much better!
I like the Russian girl, but she is expecting way too much, too fast, and seems to scaring Dean away.

PS: Why did Peter do the show... His quotes in his high school yearbook included wanting to be famous. and The Bachelor. But, at that time, he admits, as a kid, he hadn't even dated or kissed a girl, had no real awareness of what the show is 'supposedly' really all about.

Just watched the first 2 episodes of BIP. But I had to take a break to look up all the gory details of the Corinne/DeMarro incident. Too soon for me to make any predictions. I did think the wedding of Evan and Carly was so cute.

Sadly, I realize you're right. But I keep falling back into that fantasy world where I think it's real and they're truly interested in finding love. Yeah-I know:rolleyes:

During Emily Maynard's season, she picked Jef as her Final 1. He was the ex/lapsed Mormon who has a company which developed a water treatment process for extreme drought & contaminated water areas in Africa.

Emily later, supposedly has claimed that one of the reasons for their eventual break up was that she thinks Jef only came on the show promote his water treatment process. He said when he realized he was going to be one of the final guys, he went with it, to see how their relationship would develop on the show. But he always thought Emily would pick the race car driver in the end.

Then after he was chosen, the finale aired, and they could finally be a couple in public, with social media & magazines were following & publishing/posting their every move, one of the FIRST public things they did was go to Jef's company's treatment facility in Africa. Yes, it was publicized. :scratchin :rolleyes1

Jef probably only went on thinking that his company would get mentioned in his bio on The Bachelorette website. And if he made it far enough to have a one-on-one date with the Bachelorette, he could mention it again. He probably figured being a Mormon or previous one would knock him out of the running. But that's okay, his company got mentioned a couple times, which hopefully may net him a few investors. :thumbsup2

If you think of it from a statistical point of view: If there is 1-2 people out there in the world, in this lifetime, who end up being THE one, the chances of him/her being in any group of 25, especially one "hand picked" is slim. How many groups of people do we meet throughout a week, where (s)he isn't among them? I don't personally believe that coming on the show, especially when not all 25 chosen are really there for the same reason, increases the odds. If anything, the odds are worse, as some of the contestants are there for fame & fortune. About 2-3 are "plants" by the producers to stir up controversy & ratings, 2 are the neurotic type who cry after being booted, when they've only spent 10 minutes with the Bachelor(ette.) :rolleyes: 6 are there for fame & to be discovered, several are nice but BORING or there's just no connection. That leaves the final 6 who are real contenders. One is great, but just not the one. One is moving too slow compared to the where the others are. One contestant has "family" problems that becomes apparent during the Hometown date. :eek: One has been picked by the producers to keep on till the end, even though the Bachelor(ette) knows he's not one of the Final 2, as that one is so well liked, that they are keeping him/her as a possible Bachelor(ette) for the next season if F2 backs out. Then there are the final two. And the Final 1 is picked by ELIMINATION from who was there.

Should one really pick their spouse by elimination? Or do you pick him/her simply because they are the right one :love: in a world of 7.4 billion people on the planet and your souls gravitate toward the same time & place so you can recognize each other?

Last edited:
If Peter was such a "commitment-phobe", I can't help but wonder what possessed him to go on a show like that. Hadn't he ever seen it? Didn't he know what would be expected if he won?

I don't think Peter is a commitment-phobe necessarily, but I think it was as simple as him not wanting to propose to Rachel. Perhaps he would have had more chemistry with another woman and would have been ready to propose to her. I don't think he was against the idea, but just wasn't there yet with her.

If you think of it from a statistical point of view: If there is 1-2 people out there in the world, in this lifetime, who end up being THE one, the chances of him/her being in any group of 25, especially one "hand picked" is slim. How many groups of people do we meet throughout a week, where (s)he isn't among them? I don't personally believe that coming on the show, especially when not all 25 chosen are really there for the same reason, increases the odds. If anything, the odds are worse, as some of the contestants are there for fame & fortune. About 2-3 are "plants" by the producers to stir up controversy & ratings, 2 are the neurotic type who cry after being booted, when they've only spent 10 minutes with the Bachelor(ette.) :rolleyes: 6 are there for fame & to be discovered, several are nice but BORING or there's just no connection. That leaves the final 6 who are real contenders. One is great, but just not the one. One is moving too slow compared to the where the others are. One contestant has "family" problems that becomes apparent during the Hometown date. :eek: One has been picked by the producers to keep on till the end, even though the Bachelor(ette) knows he's not one of the Final 2, as that one is so well liked, that they are keeping him/her as a possible Bachelor(ette) for the next season if F2 backs out. Then there are the final two. And the Final 1 is picked by ELIMINATION from who was there.

Should one really pick their spouse by elimination? Or do you pick him/her simply because they are the right one :love: in a world of 7.4 billion people on the planet and your souls gravitate toward the same time & place so you can recognize each other?

Why are you so logical(especially with someone who used to teach statistics-so I know you're right)? Anyways, Wells was on JoJo's season of the Bachelorette. And he was never a bartender professionally. That kind of bugs me since I know bartenders (at least in New York) have to take a course, including how to recognize who's too drunk to be served. I kind of wish he could date-add more drama.

GMA announced this morning the newest Bachelor will be:

Ari - he was the race car driver during Emily Maynard's season.
He ended up as F2 as Emily picked Jef instead.

GMA announced this morning the newest Bachelor will be:

Ari - he was the race car driver during Emily Maynard's season.
He ended up as F2 as Emily picked Jef instead.
Its about time. He's a huge fan favorite. He's older as well should be a great season.

Its about time. He's a huge fan favorite. He's older as well should be a great season.
Really? I disliked him intensely. I think he's a bit of a fame *****. Of course, they all are. LOL. He just rubbed me the wrong way.

Yeah I don't remember being that crazy about him. I think I'm lukewarm, not feeling much either way, which I think is worse than being excited or decidedly not excited. I was hoping for Peter even though he seemed to be a commitment-phobe.

Wasn't he a sloppy kisser - the kind that was so slimy, it was difficult to watch?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter