The bald and the beautiful take on the World! Now a 2018 PTR!

Last edited:

Well, I couldn't decide whether we should do two days at Magic Kingdom or two days at Epcot. So the only logical solution is to add an extra day, right?!?

Because that's exactly what I did!

My husband is seriously the best! Didn't even have to try to convince him.

giphy.gif

This is definitely going to be the best 3 weeks of my life!

Only 40 days!!! ((Providing all the strikes in France and resolved))

July 17th

Leave London at 9:50 am ((2:50 am Colorado time))

Arrive home in Colorado: 12:35 pm ((7:35pm London time))

= 8 hour flight

I hope and pray that everything runs smoothly! No issues with delays, cancelations or luggage problems.

giphy.gif

I’m trying to figure out how to best maximize my time between the time we get off the plane to jumping another one. We will have 59 HOURS! I’m preparing myself for this being a stressful task. One thing that I do know, is the second I disembark I will be rushing to get to my children! I already miss them, and I don’t leave for another 39 days!

In the limited time we do have, we have to unpack, do a ton of laundry, run a few errands, repack, and hopefully get some sleep.

giphy.gif

We have told kids that we are all flying out to Omaha for a couple days to visit the zoo. That way they won’t be suspicious when we put them to bed early and have to wake them up a few hours later to drive to the airport. I’m hoping we can keep everything a secret until we arrive at our gate. Once they see ORLANDO posted, I will hand them their magicbands!

Questions:

1. Do they deliver Magic Bands to the front door usually, or to mailboxes? I'm asking because I don't want them to arrive at the door and risk the kids seeing them.

2. If our flight arrives a 6:00 am, how long do you think it will take us to get to the hotel, drop off luggage and make it to Hollywood Studios? Should I set up for first FP for around 11:00?

3. Do you think there's any possibility that we would be able to get rooms before 3:00 pm? The earlier we can take a nap the better!

4. What's your favorite Snack or meal at Hollywood Studios?

1. Mine were delivered to my door, but we lived in an apartment until August 2017.
2. I don't have a good answer for this.
3. Yes, it's possible. If you check in online, you can choose an option of what time to expect you. It's been so long since I've flown to Disney that I don't remember if this effects the MDE, but I'm pretty certain it doesn't. We have had our rooms ready when we've gotten there several times.
4. Ehhhh, that's so hard. I think HS is the worst for food. Woody's lunchbox sounds like it's going to be pretty promising if it's open when you're there. If you're looking for a TS, we like 50's Primetime Café and Mama Melrose.

Yay for your FP!!!

Good luck keeping the secret; I know I would find it really difficult to not spill the beans!
It is proving to be really difficult ….. It's not easy trying to keep things a secret from a 12 year old. Was much easier when she was younger.

1. Mine were delivered to my door, but we lived in an apartment until August 2017.
2. I don't have a good answer for this.
3. Yes, it's possible. If you check in online, you can choose an option of what time to expect you. It's been so long since I've flown to Disney that I don't remember if this effects the MDE, but I'm pretty certain it doesn't. We have had our rooms ready when we've gotten there several times.
4. Ehhhh, that's so hard. I think HS is the worst for food. Woody's lunchbox sounds like it's going to be pretty promising if it's open when you're there. If you're looking for a TS, we like 50's Primetime Café and Mama Melrose.

Yay for your FP!!!
Thank you! I really hope they allow us to check in early. I'm already tired thinking about that morning we arrive. Woody's lunchbox does look pretty good and we have reservations for Prime Time! YAY!

Your trip looks amazing! I hope you have an incredible time in Paris. My mom and I went back in 2007, and even though I was incredibly sick for the two days we were there (we tacked it onto our Italy trip), it was one of my most incredible cities I've ever been to.

Today I’ve been working on our Hollywood Studios day. I will share those plans once they are little more finalized. Our first arrival day is proving to be difficult because I don’t know what time we will be able to get a room.

For fun I thought I would share some of our old Hollywood Studios Pictures until then. ((In no particular order))

My nieces and Reya in 2010

upload_2018-5-26_22-46-16.png

WILL and Jayden 2010

upload_2018-5-26_22-48-40.png

Will and Jayden 2016 (Toy Story Mania)

upload_2018-5-26_22-49-40.png

upload_2018-5-26_22-50-38.png

upload_2018-5-26_23-2-59.png

Jayden seeing Lightning McQueen for the first time in the Stunt Show... Love that face! ~2012

upload_2018-5-26_23-5-6.png

Reya and Jayden 2012

upload_2018-5-26_23-6-51.png

Niece and Reya 2010

upload_2018-5-26_23-12-27.png

Nieces/Reya 2010 ~ Reya was still terrified of all the characters at this time. You can see the fear in her face. :(

upload_2018-5-26_23-13-38.png

Your trip looks amazing! I hope you have an incredible time in Paris. My mom and I went back in 2007, and even though I was incredibly sick for the two days we were there (we tacked it onto our Italy trip), it was one of my most incredible cities I've ever been to.
Welcome!

Nothing seems real yet... I've waited 40 years to finally make it to London and Paris, and to top it off with a trip to Disney World, it's seriously a dream come true. This kind of thing just doesn't have to little ol' me. I don't think it will until I'm setting foot on the first plane.
I'm sorry you were sick.... that's the worst when you're on vacation. Italy sounds amazing too!

COUNT-DOWNS

Paris/London/DLP = 36 days
WDW = 54 days

Universal/Cruise/WDW = 367 days
giphy.gif

July 21st ~ day 2

FAST PASSES

Expedition Everest : 10:00am- 11:00 am

Dinosaur : 11:20 am-12:20 pm

Navi River Journey: 12:20pm-1:20 pm

FOOD
Breakfast: Yak and Yeti Café

Lunch: Satu’li Canteen

Dinner: Rainforest Café

Snacks: Blueberry cream cheese Mouse

We always pick at least 3 new things that we need to accomplish each trip. This can include rides, shows, experiences, snacks, restaurant, etc, etc ….

NEW

1. Navi River Journey

2. Satu’li Canteen

3. Nemo Musical ~ DH and I have seen this many years ago but not the kids.

4. Lion King ~ Another first for the kids.

5. Seeing and exploring Pandora

* Does anybody know how far in advance we should get in line for the shows?
* Any snacks we need to try?
* Does anybody know why Animal Kingdom closes at 9 pm on Saturday in the middle of summer? I thought they remained open longer now due to Rivers of Light and Pandora.
* Is Rivers of Light worth seeing?

Detailed Itinerary on next post ! ……………………………………...

8:00 am: Animal Kingdom opens/rope drop

upload_2018-5-28_12-20-42.png

Explore and meander the Oasis. We always rush through here and never actually look at the animals. Since this will be our first time being here at a Magic Morning opening, I thought we could take a little more time than usual.

8:45 am: Kilimanjaro Safaris

Hoping there won’t be a line since everyone will probably head straight towards FOP. I’m going to save FOP for next year, I'm scared I won't be able to go on because of my weight. I hope to be at my goal by next spring.

upload_2018-5-28_12-20-9.png

Breakfast at Yak and Yeti Café ((First Time))

upload_2018-5-28_12-26-11.png

Walk Maharajah Jungle Trek, to burn off some breakfast calories! And my favorite animals to see are the big Fruit Bats!

10:15 am: Expedition Everest

upload_2018-5-28_12-27-15.png

11:00am-11:40 am: Nemo the Musical ((First time for kids))

upload_2018-5-28_12-27-44.png

11:45 am: Dinosaur ((1st for Jayden))

upload_2018-5-28_12-28-40.png

Lunch at Satu’li ((First Time))

upload_2018-5-28_12-36-35.png

Try the Blueberry cream cheese Mousse and Chocolate cake ((1st time))

upload_2018-5-28_12-31-34.png

12:45-1:45: Navi River Journey ((First time))

upload_2018-5-28_12-39-12.png

Part 2/Day 2 coming up …….

Attachments

• upload_2018-5-28_12-32-6.png
    upload_2018-5-28_12-32-6.png
    200.4 KB · Views: 2
2:00-2:30: Lion King

upload_2018-5-28_20-45-16.png

2:30 pm: Go back to hotel to swim/recharge
upload_2018-5-28_20-51-23.png

6:00 pm: Head back to Animal Kingdom

6:45 pm: Reservations at Rainforest Café

upload_2018-5-28_20-51-52.png

8:00 pm: It’s tough to be a bug
upload_2018-5-28_20-53-34.png

8:30 pm: I’m hoping to snag a FP for EE, I’ve always wanted to ride it at night

Then go to Pandora so we can see it lit up at night.

9:15-9:30: Head back to Hotel for the night and have a good nights sleep!

giphy.gif

I’ve decided I’m going to try pin-trading for the first time, so I just ordered my first lanyard on Ebay yesterday.

upload_2018-5-31_20-51-57.png

I’m pretty excited about it!

:stitch2:

DD has been doing it for 10 years, ever since she was a toddler !

upload_2018-5-31_20-55-9.png
DS enjoys it too, but I can’t find his lanyard and pins anywhere. So I ordered him a star wars starter set….. However, I'm hoping and praying I can find his lanyard because he has at least a dozen pins on it.

upload_2018-5-31_20-56-50.png

Cross your fingers for me!

A couple years ago we were visiting DLR and my DD placed her lanyard on the bridge, over the moat in front of the castle. As she was putting on her jacket, she accidently knocked it into the water under the bridge. Unfortunately, there was no possible way we could retrieve it, which completely devastated her. She was crying so hard and was afraid we were really upset with her. My heart completely broke for her because she has been pin trading since she was 2! I went up to a random cast member and told her I needed some Disney Magic and asked if there was any way they could possibly fish it out of the water for her. The next thing I know there’s ½ a dozen cast members walking up Main Street coming to our rescue. It took them no time at all, and I had one happy little girl! We said our thank-yous and took our seats for the parade. A few minutes later the Cast Member who had generously helped us, walked up and asked if she could borrow Reya for a few minutes. They walked away and came back about 10 minutes later with a Disney bag. Inside was a brand new frozen lanyard with four pins and a BIG Stich/Yoda Pin. This sweet cast member had taken her to the store and told her to pick out ANY lanyard and pins that she wanted and to pick out a special Pin for her little brother!!! …... Now it was my turn to cry!

This…… This is why I love Disney soooooooo much!!!!

:tink:

Last edited:
* Does anybody know how far in advance we should get in line for the shows?
* Any snacks we need to try?
* Does anybody know why Animal Kingdom closes at 9 pm on Saturday in the middle of summer? I thought they remained open longer now due to Rivers of Light and Pandora.
* Is Rivers of Light worth seeing?

- Hmm, maybe 20-30 minutes depending on the crowd level that day. FoTLK is probably the most popular, but there's also going to be the Up! show that is new as well.
- You can check out Harambe Market as there's lots of different things there. Also Pongu Pongu in Pandora has that pineapple cream cheese lumpia (egg rolls).
- Not sure why it's closing earlier, but maybe there's an event that night?
- It's worth seeing once. I thought it was ok...it's not an exciting show but very mellow and more about the music and the floats. I prefer pyrotechnics, LOL.

Hoping there won’t be a line since everyone will probably head straight towards FOP. I’m going to save FOP for next year, I'm scared I won't be able to go on because of my weight. I hope to be at my goal by next spring.

I really don't think you need to worry at all. My sister is a big girl and she was fine. She said her calves were actually the most uncomfortable in the restraints, haha. There's also a tester chair in front, but I really think you'll be fine!

We have told kids that we are all flying out to Omaha for a couple days to visit the zoo. That way they won’t be suspicious when we put them to bed early and have to wake them up a few hours later to drive to the airport. I’m hoping we can keep everything a secret until we arrive at our gate. Once they see ORLANDO posted, I will hand them their magicbands!

How exciting! What an amazing surprise!

A couple years ago we were visiting DLR and my DD placed her lanyard on the bridge, over the moat in front of the castle. As she was putting on her jacket, she accidently knocked it into the water under the bridge. Unfortunately, there was no possible way we could retrieve it, which completely devastated her. She was crying so hard and was afraid we were really upset with her. My heart completely broke for her because she has been pin trading since she was 2! I went up to a random cast member and told her I needed some Disney Magic and asked if there was any way they could possibly fish it out of the water for her. The next thing I know there’s ½ a dozen cast members walking up Main Street coming to our rescue. It took them no time at all, and I had one happy little girl! We said our thank-yous and took our seats for the parade. A few minutes later the Cast Member who had generously helped us, walked up and asked if she could borrow Reya for a few minutes. They walked away and came back about 10 minutes later with a Disney bag. Inside was a brand new frozen lanyard with four pins and a BIG Stich/Yoda Pin. This sweet cast member had taken her to the store and told her to pick out ANY lanyard and pins that she wanted and to pick out a special Pin for her little brother!!! …... Now it was my turn to cry!

OMG this is the sweetest thing ever. Really shows how the CMs work to bring the Disney magic!! Awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!