The Basket at Wine Bar by George QSDP

gismo1554

DIS Veteran
So I was just curious as to what you get for 1 QS credit at the Basket? I can't seem to find any more info other than you can use the QS dining plan.

Thanks
Sarah

So I was just curious as to what you get for 1 QS credit at the Basket? I can't seem to find any more info other than you can use the QS dining plan.

Thanks
Sarah

This question has come up several times over the last month, but unfortunately, no one has come back yet to report.

Please go and find out for us!

Unfortunately I'm not due to go til September just starting to look at where to eat. I hope by then someone might have answered this. Finding any info other than the menu has been difficult

I wasn't aware that Wine Bar George takes any dining plan. We have TiW and AP and DVC and they don't take any of those but I guess they take the actual DDP.

We have been there the last two years and if we plan to go back to DTD in September, it will again be on our dinner list.

I wasn't aware that Wine Bar George takes any dining plan. We have TiW and AP and DVC and they don't take any of those but I guess they take the actual DDP.

We have been there the last two years and if we plan to go back to DTD in September, it will again be on our dinner list.
There are two eateries there right next to each other. One is Wine Bar George, a TS, and the other is a QS takeout window named The Basket @ Wine Bar George. The sit down restaurant does give an AP discount at least for lunch (just went through our receipts but apparently we didn't save that one) but I've no idea if the takeout spot does at any time of the day. We had an enjoyable dinner there NYE and hope to return this coming April.

There are two eateries there right next to each other. One is Wine Bar George, a TS, and the other is a QS takeout window named The Basket @ Wine Bar George. The sit down restaurant does give an AP discount at least for lunch (just went through our receipts but apparently we didn't save that one) but I've no idea if the takeout spot does at any time of the day. We had an enjoyable dinner there NYE and hope to return this coming April.

Thank you very much! Maybe they take the AP at lunch, they didn't take it for our dinner.
I wasn't aware there was a WBG take out. That is something new I learned LOL
From one NYC Girl to another....Thanks!

Call and ask them. I called last year and they explained what you get for the TS DDP credit in the restaurant. I looked for their number on Google and not through Disney.

Call and ask them. I called last year and they explained what you get for the TS DDP credit in the restaurant. I looked for their number on Google and not through Disney.

Im in the UK so calling directly will cost and therefore haven't done so. Gonna see if maybe they have an email address. Thanks

Email wdw.guest.communications @disneyworld.com.
Your email will get routed to someone with the answer.

Found an email route via wine bar George’s website and got some great info! Copying below for others

The Basket Quick Service:

• Build your own basket is excluded along with Frosé and Freaujolais
  • Our sandwiches and bites & boxes (which have cheese and charcuterie options) count as a QSR meal, not a snack. That meal also comes with either a non-alcoholic beverage or an alcoholic beverage.
  • Snacks are either a dessert (cookie, we have a rosé and chocolate chip cookie) or a non-alcoholic beverage. Guests can also redeem one QSR meal entitlement for 3 snacks.
Bit sad Frose isn’t included but happy it’s sandwiches or bites boxes

Found an email route via wine bar George’s website and got some great info! Copying below for others

The Basket Quick Service:

• Build your own basket is excluded along with Frosé and Freaujolais
  • Our sandwiches and bites & boxes (which have cheese and charcuterie options) count as a QSR meal, not a snack. That meal also comes with either a non-alcoholic beverage or an alcoholic beverage.
  • Snacks are either a dessert (cookie, we have a rosé and chocolate chip cookie) or a non-alcoholic beverage. Guests can also redeem one QSR meal entitlement for 3 snacks.
Bit sad Frose isn’t included but happy it’s sandwiches or bites boxes

That’s actually a good deal- not because it’s a lot of food necessarily, but because I feel the prices are high there and so as a dollar value, it’s worth it. Recently we got the goat cheese, fig and arugula sandwiches ($12). Expensive but a nice change and very good! The mini bottles of wine and beverages looked lovely.

That’s actually a good deal- not because it’s a lot of food necessarily, but because I feel the prices are high there and so as a dollar value, it’s worth it. Recently we got the goat cheese, fig and arugula sandwiches ($12). Expensive but a nice change and very good! The mini bottles of wine and beverages looked lovely.

I'm excited about trying the Macaroni Cheese Bites as they sound lovely and all the reviews I've seen have been very positive. I agree it looks like a great QS option so looking forward to it.

Looks like you found the answer. I’ve not tried the quick serve but the table service restaurant is terrific. They’re very active on social media - especially Instagram and Twitter - if you have any other questions. They’re often offering specials and “advertise” them there. I’m not affiliated with them whatsoever - just a fan. Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!