The Best Part of Adulting Is Booking Your Own Disney Vacations - Mother/Daughter PTR

Jungle Update #6
12 Hours Between Me and Vacation

Mom and I work up around 7am the next day. I pulled up some Disney vlogs to watch on YouTube while Mom made us chocolate chip pancakes and bacon. While we ate, we watched some vlogs and hung out around the house until lunchtime. We made some turkey and cheese paninis for lunch and I went to lay down to take a nap. After tossing and turning for about 45 minutes, I took half a pill of melatonin and slept for three or four hours before Mom woke me up around 4:15. While I asleep, she made us some homemade chocolate chip cookies and started to make us spicy Thai noodles for dinner.

I got out of bed and did my makeup for work while dinner finished. Afterwards, dinner was ready and we ate while watching TV. Mom packed me some lunch in case I got to eat during my shift and I headed off to work around 5:50pm. When I got there, I kept telling myself that only 12 hours stood between me and Disney! My shift was busy as usual and went by quickly. Throughout the night, I kept counting down the hours until vacation! :woohoo: It was definitely the thing that got me through my shift. :rotfl:

Luckily I was able to get out of work by 7:15 and said goodbye to the hospital for the next 13 days! I restrained myself from running to my car and quickly left work and headed home. I was officially on vacation time and couldn't be happier! :dancer:

Funny-Vacation-Memes-2.jpg

Jungle Update #7
Officially on Vacation Time

As you know in my last post, I left work around 7:15am. On my way home, I stopped at Publix and picked up a few things for breakfast. After leaving Publix, I was going to stop for gas, but decided that it was too cold to stand outside while I filled my car up and headed home. I got home around 8am. Mom had been up for a little while and was starting to get stuff for breakfast ready.

While I was at work, she had finished laundry and did some cleaning around my apartment that I didn't get to before she came down. :hug: I showered while she made us homemade gravy and biscuits. We ate after I was out of the shower and lounged around the living room watching Disney movies. I debated staying up all day then sleeping at night, but knew I would be even more tired than I already was, so I decided to take a short nap. I fell asleep on the sofa while we watch Beauty and the Beast and I napped for a few hours. Mom woke me up around noon like I had asked her to. I knew I would need to be woken up so I didn't sleep all day so I could start flipping from my night schedule to a day schedule.

When I woke up, I was starving and decided to take Mom to my favorite Mexican restaurant for lunch. We both had some shredded chicken nachos and headed home. We were going to go out and walk around a cute town nearby but decided not to since it was a lot warmer out than we thought and we were burning up in our pants and sweatshirts. Plus, I wanted to just go home and do nothing since I was so tired.

We struggled to find stuff to do once we got home since we were both tired and excited to go to Disney. We finally settled on watching some Disney documentaries on YouTube and before too long, we both had showered and were making dinner. We decided to make bacon cheeseburgers on pretzel bread with corn on the cob. It was delicious!

After dinner, we had some of the cookies Mom made the day before and around 7pm, I headed to bed. I was beyond exhausted and had no trouble falling asleep. Mom said she headed to bed around 10 or 11pm after cleaning up the kitchen from dinner. Tomorrow we were going to Disney and couldn't be more excited!

Thanks for following along with this PTR! I hope you enjoyed it!

The next day will be included in my TR called "Breaking Our Disney Traditions and Some Moonlight Magic - A Jan/Feb Mother-Daughter TR"
I can't wait to see you guys over there! Get ready for laughs, more terrible puns, plenty of pictures, and plenty of entertainment! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!