The best way to pay?

marlouwrig

Mouseketeer
Received package from DVC today with papers.

Getting more excited hnow.

Would appreciate advice on the best method of payment of closing balance.

1. Telegraphic transfer from current account with CHAPS payment (£40 I believe) plus foreign charges.

2. Credit Card earning cash back @ 1% and also 4/6 weeks further interest in savings account

How have other people paid? Would really value your opinions on the best option. I am leaning towards the credit card option but not sure if I have properly considered all the pitfalls

Thanks in advance for your continuing help.

Mary

Hi Mary :)

We actually have a US dollar account as we have US shares, so that avoids the extra fees but with the exchange rate the way it is at the moment we were considering using a cash back credit card to pay for our add on, possibly paying less AND earning money on it.

As long as you intend to pay the CC off, I can't see any drawback, and it's so much simpler also :)

Another vote for the cc - as long as you're not going to incur interest on the balance.

Credit card can be better, if it gives you a good exchange rate and doesn't take a chuck for the carrying out the conversion. Some do, so it's worth checking with your particular CC company.

We got a Nationwide Visa card a couple of years ago as they don't charge a fee for currency conversion, and also give a very decent rate. I know a lot of other people here also recommend the card as well, so it might be worth checking it out if you don't have one already. I try to use it exclusively now when we go to the US, and it really does pay.

Paul

I used a credit card for ease of transaction. I now have a US bank account so it would be simpler for me to use that but in your situation, unless you can get a good rate of exchange from your bank I think CC is going to be the easiest way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter