The BOATHOUSE

ElleBelle88

Mouseketeer
So I have decided that we would like to visit The BOATHOUSE during our trip to The World in Feb. It will be myself, DH and DS (11 months). I have the following questions, please:

1) How likely are we to be able to get a walk up for lunch?
2) Is the outside seating part of the restaurant AND the bar menu type fare situation that I have read about on the DFB?
3) Will we feel out of place with an 11 month old?
4) Is it 2DDP credits for lunch and dinner (I have found conflicting info about this online)?

Thanks!

So I have decided that we would like to visit The BOATHOUSE during our trip to The World in Feb. It will be myself, DH and DS (11 months). I have the following questions, please:

1) How likely are we to be able to get a walk up for lunch?
2) Is the outside seating part of the restaurant AND the bar menu type fare situation that I have read about on the DFB?
3) Will we feel out of place with an 11 month old?
4) Is it 2DDP credits for lunch and dinner (I have found conflicting info about this online)?

Thanks!

1. We've only eaten there with ADRs but lunch seemed a bit less crowded than dinner. Keep in mind you can make reservations at optentable.com too.

2. The outside seating is part of the overall restaurant. Sorry, d/k what DFB is but easy enough to pull up the menu via google.

3. It's 2 credits for lunch and dinner @ Boathouse. maybe you were also looking at Morimoto where it's currently 1 credit for lunch and 2 for dinner:).

I can't speak to the dining plan as we don't do it, but on the other questions....

1. I would imagine a walk-up would be doable but I'd suggest just getting a day of ADR instead. We did this on our last trip and had no issue having availability within the hour. I'd much prefer an assurance we could get in.

2. You can sit outside and order off of the regular menu

3. No you won't feel out of place with a child. We ate there with our then 6 year old and there was plenty of other kids in the restaurant. It may be "signature" but has a decidedly casual feel

Great, thank you. I'm excited to try the sliders! I was hesitant to make a reservation as there are so many other places we want to eat at DS too but this seems a favourite so I will book. It's all about finding the balance between securing what I know will be great dining options but also keeping my DH happy who wants to 'go with the flow' this time! :rolleyes2

Also, if there is not an ADR showing on MDE, check Open Table. There are reservations held back for OT, and they don't have the 24-hour cancellation policy.

We like Boathouse, but I would not use 2 dining credits for lunch. There are lots of reasonably priced options that you can pay for out of pocket and that simply aren't "worth" 2 credits.

You won't feel out of place with a kid there.

We walked up at dinner time in June around 5:30 and got a table outside (3 of us) - no wait! It was crowded but we didn't wait. Same menu as inside. Kid friendly.

I can't speak to DDP or the relative value of dining credits. However, we've had no problems with walk-up lunch at Boathouse, even for busy times of the year. The last time we were there we managed a 12:30pm lunch and were seated immediately. We chose inside. This was a chilly Christmas-week day, so the deck wasn't the place to be. The food was as good as ever. We usually enjoy starting with some items from the raw bar and a cup of their bisque and then on to more substantial fare. The menu is also available for dining outside. I can't tell you whether there is also a bar food menu. We can't get past the regular offerings! We have seen families with members ranging from great-grandmas to babes in arms dining here. I wouldn't think that your young'un would have you feel out of place at all. I hope you have a wonderful trip wherever you choose to dine. :-)

Great, thank you. I'm excited to try the sliders! I was hesitant to make a reservation as there are so many other places we want to eat at DS too but this seems a favourite so I will book. It's all about finding the balance between securing what I know will be great dining options but also keeping my DH happy who wants to 'go with the flow' this time! :rolleyes2

We ate there last summer and it was one of our favorite meals. We ate outside and it was very comfortable. I had the sliders and a wedge salad - both were delicious. Our kids are teenagers, but there were many younger kids there including a tiny baby. We plan to eat there again next summer. I hope you enjoy it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter