The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

It's been awhile since I've been to NYC and stalked "affordable" tickets. Are there any good websites for discounted tickets?

Also... rush tickets. Come from Away has them for $38 at the box office, day-of. If box office opens at 10am, when should I get in line?

Has anyone seen Terms of My Surrender? DH is intrigued. I'm eyeing Miss Saigon. Opinions? We can only do one show this trip because we are seeing Paul McCartney on Friday night!

I've seen on other boards that people are getting in line at 5am for Come From Away. It's very popular right now. There's no way to know what time you absolutely must get in line to get tickets, that varies every day.

It's been awhile since I've been to NYC and stalked "affordable" tickets. Are there any good websites for discounted tickets?

Also... rush tickets. Come from Away has them for $38 at the box office, day-of. If box office opens at 10am, when should I get in line?

Has anyone seen Terms of My Surrender? DH is intrigued. I'm eyeing Miss Saigon. Opinions? We can only do one show this trip because we are seeing Paul McCartney on Friday night!

I can't help with come from away specifically but historically I would say no later then 8am, but is different for every show, and time of year.

I loved Miss Saigon, but it's my type of show. Good music, big cast, dancing and an emotional story.

I also saw Terms of my Surrender, and I was middle of the road on it. It is not at all traditional Broadway, (I think that's obvious). It had some very interesting points, some ones I didn't agree with at all, some that got me thinking, and some I was totally on board with. He told some good stories, he also has a guest every night so that part is different every night. Personally I am happy I saw it for $40ish with fees, I can't say how you will like it, and I don't want to get political either. However if you like Michael Moore or like to walk away with some things to consider you might enjoy it.

I've seen on other boards that people are getting in line at 5am for Come From Away. It's very popular right now. There's no way to know what time you absolutely must get in line to get tickets, that varies every day.

I stand corrected, go with the early time, popular show, better to be safe then sorry!

Just wanted to add: I know in the community theater circles I run around in I'm in the minority, but I liked the musical Cats!
I've always wanted to see cats. It's playing now till December. Don't know if I can plan a trip or not...calendar is getting booked up. I love the music from the show...and my Mom's favorite song is Memories! It used to make her cry every time she heard it and she is now passed away...I'm sure I would cry like a baby if I was to hear it today.

What's the nicest theater in New York to see a broadway play? Any favorites as far as the theater itself?

I can't really remember a theater where the seats didn't feel like they were made for smaller people.
When most of these theaters were built obesity wasn't as epidemic as today. I could be wrong, but I think the Gershwin has roomier seats.

If anyone wants to come up North and see good theater with large comfy seats and where you can see the stage without head in the way, come to Northern Stage in White River Jct. Vermont. It's brand new, and so nice. The season starts soon.

I've always wanted to see cats. It's playing now till December. Don't know if I can plan a trip or not...calendar is getting booked up. I love the music from the show...and my Mom's favorite song is Memories! It used to make her cry every time she heard it and she is now passed away...I'm sure I would cry like a baby if I was to hear it today.
I would see Hello Dolly

What's the nicest theater in New York to see a broadway play? Any favorites as far as the theater itself?

It closed a couple of weeks ago, but Great Comet had some really interesting seating options from the way they used the theatre space. I had one of the pivoting chairs next to a bar and it was comfortable. The swiveling made it easy to follow the action all around.

I loved the Broadhurst Theater. When you enter, you go up these massive and steep stairs. It reminds me of older times. New Amsterdam Theater is a close second. Here you use elevators to go up! More modern.

Does anyone have a guess as to what ticket prices for Miss Saigon have been like at TKTS? I am trying to decide if it's worth getting up early to try for rush tickets at the box office, or just wait and buy them at TKTS. Do you know if they do rush tickets for the matinee, or just the evening show? We are seeing Paul McCartney on Friday night and staying on W37th, which is about a 15 block hike to the Broadway, where Miss Saigon is playing. I'm just not sure I want to be up and out that early the morning after the concert!

Does anyone have a guess as to what ticket prices for Miss Saigon have been like at TKTS? I am trying to decide if it's worth getting up early to try for rush tickets at the box office, or just wait and buy them at TKTS. Do you know if they do rush tickets for the matinee, or just the evening show? We are seeing Paul McCartney on Friday night and staying on W37th, which is about a 15 block hike to the Broadway, where Miss Saigon is playing. I'm just not sure I want to be up and out that early the morning after the concert!

Just download the TKS app to your phone. It tells you the shows and discounts.

Just download the TKS app to your phone. It tells you the shows and discounts.

No phone, no apps. old fogey here! I can get rear mezzanine seats on Sat. night for $59, row G. Just curious as to what the typical discount for Miss Saigon has been. We prefer mezzanine seats to orchestra usually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter