The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Boston announced this evening - Miss Saigon, Charlie & Chocolate Factory, Hello Dolly, Bronx Tale, Play That Goes Wrong, Dear Evan Hansen, and School of Rock!

I saw Waitress here in Orlando last night and it was so good. Very funny but also very emotional, I cried several times.

It might be the last show of our season I go see, since I have schedule conflicts with Something Rotten (Pink's in town for a concert that Tuesday, and even though I changed my tickets to Wednesday, I'm not sure about being out until midnight and then working the next day) and the tour production of Rent isn't getting great reviews. :guilty:

I subscribe in Providence and our 2018-19 season was announced last week. We’re getting Miss Saigon, Anastasia, Cats, Waitress, School of Rock, The Band’s Visit, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Hamilton. We also still have Something Rotten coming up in May - not particularly looking forward to that one. I saw it twice in New York and it kind of lost some of its humor the second time around. I enjoyed An American in Paris last week, though.

Also heading to New York in April (over April vacation week -I’m a teacher’s assistant) with my mother. We bought tickets to Mean Girls back in January and this morning I found some great, relatively inexpensive tickets for Frozen while browsing the Ticketmaster app, so I pounced on thoseas well.

We live in Wichita. This year we got Rent, Motown, Kinky Boots, Let It Be, and A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder. Next year, we are getting Neverland, Cinderella, Jersey Boys, Evita, and Beautiful.
In May, we are heading to NYC for my son's 13th birthday. We have tickets to The Cursed Child. We are leaving one evening free and hoping to get tickets to School of Rock at the TKTS booth.

We live in Wichita. This year we got Rent, Motown, Kinky Boots, Let It Be, and A Gentleman’s Guide to Love and Murder. Next year, we are getting Neverland, Cinderella, Jersey Boys, Evita, and Beautiful.
In May, we are heading to NYC for my son's 13th birthday. We have tickets to The Cursed Child. We are leaving one evening free and hoping to get tickets to School of Rock at the TKTS booth.

For School of Rock, you can also always try their lottery and rushing.

Frozen got an ok review from the NY Times....certainly not a rave. Said there were boring sections where the kids might drift off.

This is slightly OT, maybe, but I can't help it. On Friday we saw In the Heights for the first time -- loved it! Last night we took my sister and her fiancé out for an engagement dinner and surprised them with tickets to Hamilton... a table away from Lin Manuel Miranda!!

If I had a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT personality, we might have approached him and told him, and expressed that we are big fans. But no matter how many celebrities I've seen, I NEVER bug them in public -- couldn't do it.

This is slightly OT, maybe, but I can't help it. On Friday we saw In the Heights for the first time -- loved it! Last night we took my sister and her fiancé out for an engagement dinner and surprised them with tickets to Hamilton... a table away from Lin Manuel Miranda!!

If I had a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT personality, we might have approached him and told him, and expressed that we are big fans. But no matter how many celebrities I've seen, I NEVER bug them in public -- couldn't do it.

Wow!!!!

Anyone seen cursed child. Being critically acclaimed , award winning , and a big IP it will run forever. I do not think Bentley's rave will be any less of a rave from the London version.

Last edited:
Anyone seen cursed child. Being critically acclaimed , award winning , and a big IP it will run forever. I do not think Bentley's rave will be any less of a rave from the London version.

Seeing it in a few months.

UGH! Thanks to youtube I have fallen headfirst into the land of German musicals. :faint: I am now in love with the musical Elisabeth. I am waiting until after my birthday to buy the dvd. I am so annoyed that this shows has not be translated into English.

How have I missed this thread? I have seen 3 plays in March and April, and they were all incredibly fabulous.

Hamilton in Chicago - I technically had a 3rd row obstructed view, but I saw everything really well. I was close enough to see the actors "glisten" and hear them take breaths. Just amazing.

Cursed Child - I made a decision to start entering the Friday Forty every time it would be feasible for us to get to NY. I entered for the first time 2 weeks ago today and WON! When I picked up our tickets, they told me that over 40,000 people entered. We saw it Saturday; our seats were Orchestra about half way back. It was long. Really long. I think two consecutive nights would be better than a matinee and evening shows. Everything was perfect though. I would never have guessed it was still in previews. For the record, I am a huge HP fan and don't really like the way they treated time travel in an inconsistent way with the books, but it was much better on stage than in the screenplay. A lot of things were better on stage, for that matter.

Dear Evan Hansen - As long as we were going to NY, this was the show DD wanted to see. From what I hear, I got pretty lucky being able to get good seats so close to the show. We were orchestra right, 4th row. Again - incredible. DD was most excited about seeing Mike Faist, and he did not disappoint.

Wow. Nice on the Friday forty. I’ve entered a few times. What time did they notify you? I don’t like that they say you only have one hour to buy them if you win. Sometimes at work, I just can’t drop everything, and that’s my fear—I’ll win and not see it until too late or not be able to buy them in time. I do have tickets to the show, but not till February, I think it is.

Now Hamilton, I keep plugging along. I didn’t enter a lot when it was “day of” notification, but now that you find out a day ahead, it will be easier for me when ( not if) I win. I enter pretty consistently for every day except Wednesday’s. That 8:00 show would mean I would probanly get home around 1:00 a.m. or later, and I’d be a zombie at work the next day. So far I’ve entered about 146 times. My day is coming!

I just bought tix for next season for Kinky Boots, Rent, and Finding Neverland.

I'm hearing (and seeing here) that this tour of Rent isn't that great but I still feel it's one of those iconic shows and I need to see it.

Saw Gentlemen's Guide in February and really enjoyed it. Nothing else on tap until January 2019...

Has anyone here seen "Frozen" on Broadway? I heard it got lukewarm reviews, but I was wondering what Disney fans would think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!