The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

I got to see Wicked for the first time at the theatre next to London Victoria station about a month ago and loved it! I'd love to see Aladdin or Lion King some day.

How was Kerry butler ? Another friend of the family and a HUGE Disney fanatic ! She's done a Disney CD and has performed at wdw and the DCL

Beetlejuice was on my radar specifically because Kerry Butler and Rob McClure were in it. She has an amazing voice and they were both were excellent in their characters.

(I've been a Kerry Butler fan since she knocked it out of the park in Xanadu and wish I'd caught her in earlier roles.)

Beetlejuice was on my radar specifically because Kerry Butler and Rob McClure were in it. She has an amazing voice and they were both were excellent in their characters.

(I've been a Kerry Butler fan since she knocked it out of the park in Xanadu and wish I'd caught her in earlier roles.)

That's where we met - ! (Kerry and patti murin (Anna) were both in the show at that time )

https://nypost.com/2007/10/16/cant-xanadu-it-enough/

That's where we met - ! (Kerry and patti murin (Anna) were both in the show at that time )

https://nypost.com/2007/10/16/cant-xanadu-it-enough/

60789924_10214188129844094_6253759080632942592_o.jpg

Won lottery tickets for Oklahoma last week. It was....interesting. Really enjoyed the actors, except Laurey :guilty: Really enjoyed Ado Annie and Curly. The set was.....interesting. The complimentary chili and cornbread at intermission were good! And Brian Stokes Mitchell was there so I was all giddy. :yay:

I saw Oklahoma a couple of weeks ago, and agree that there were some... interesting choices.
I was seated at one of the table seats -- not the most comfortable chair for 2+ hrs of sitting. But it did put me in a good position to be one of the first to be served the vegetable chili. At some point, they did run out of spoons before they ran out of chili. Some random guy (after checking with me to make sure I was finished with mine) grabbed my spoon and used it after wiping it off with a napkin. I was a bit taken aback.

That's fantastic! I saw Xanadu in previews before James Carpinello got injured. (side note: I saw Charlie & Chocolate Factory because of Jackie Hoffman, and Oklahoma partly because of Mary Testa)

Jackie is hilarious ! I ended up seeing "Xanadu" 108 times - almost always from stage seats - on my 100th show the cast surprised me with a card signed by all of them and the staff at the Helen Hayes - Jackie wrote - "thanks for supporting us financially and not your children!" Lol

How was Kerry butler ? Another friend of the family and a HUGE Disney fanatic ! She's done a Disney CD and has performed at wdw and the DCL

I felt she got lost. Sophia Caruso and Alex Brightman were so amazing that she didn't stand out. It also could have been the material but she wasn't memorable to me at all.

Saw the Starlight Express and Cats long ago in London, England.

Just got tickets for Lion King in Broadway in NYC. Who knew, midweek evening, first week in June, would be hard to get tickets for, and wow the prices of Orchestra seats. Did score very close seats, so happy about that.

That surprised me too. I haven't seen it but with all of the press and buzz it's been receiving...
I heard the critics didn't like it, so that is probably a contributing factor. I haven't seen it, but what I have heard and clips I have seen, I found it very enjoyable.

The shutout letdown for me was Head Over Heels.
I had to research this show. I have never heard of it. I really like Bonnie Mulligan. I caught a couple of youtube videos with her and Laura Osnes. She has a fantastic voice. So glad she finally made it to Broadway!

That surprised me too. I haven't seen it but with all of the press and buzz it's been receiving...

It was a huge Off Broadway hit but isn't really up to par for Broadway and it's having trouble filling the house.

The shutout letdown for me was Head Over Heels.

The music and performances were really first rate but that story just wasn't good. Plus it had long closed before the nominations came out.

It was a huge Off Broadway hit but isn't really up to par for Broadway and it's having trouble filling the house.

The music and performances were really first rate but that story just wasn't good. Plus it had long closed before the nominations came out.
Thanks! I didn't know how it has been doing on Broadway. It is always sad when a great Off Broadway show doesn't transfer well.

Totally missed the Tony Award Nominations. Shocked "Be More Chill" was basically shut out.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tony-a...ounced-today-heres-the-full-list-of-nominees/

This really surprised me. I stumbled on the music from it while listening to a Pandora station, and really enjoyed it.

FINALLY got my season tickets nailed down for PPAC next year! We decided to opt out of Hello Dolly, it's just not one of my favorites and we needed to cut one show out to keep the cost in budget. I also found out they run a special deal for certain shows that allow a free kids ticket with an adult ticket - so I'm even MORE excited that I get to bring my kids to see Aladdin and Spongebob this year! I wish I had known about it last year, they would have adored Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I know Spongebob gets a bad rap, but we've listened to the music and it's REALLY catchy. Kinda looking forward to it :)

Band's Visit is at the end of this month, and hopefully in the next few weeks I'll be getting our Hamilton tickets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter