The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Can't wait for Sunday the 24th of August. Both parts of Harry Potter. We bought our tickets exactly 1 year ago !

We saw both parts yesterday! It was SOOOO good! Make sure you get some reservations if you are going out in between the shows because people were all trying to get in places at the same time and some did not have reservations! We ate at Gyu Kaku which was only one block over and a place my daughter loves to eat! Got there right at 5 and were back in the giant line at the theatre by 630

We saw both parts yesterday! It was SOOOO good! Make sure you get some reservations if you are going out in between the shows because people were all trying to get in places at the same time and some did not have reservations! We ate at Gyu Kaku which was only one block over and a place my daughter loves to eat! Got there right at 5 and were back in the giant line at the theatre by 630
We are in that area often so we will eat at the marriott on 45th street.
Do you need to get in line again for part 2 to get your part 2 tickets or they give them to you both at the same time.

We are in that area often so we will eat at the marriott on 45th street.
Do you need to get in line again for part 2 to get your part 2 tickets or they give them to you both at the same time.

If you are going to will call I saw the guy next to me go and he got 4 tickets and there were 2 of them going so I guess he got them all at once- I had mobile tickets so they just scan my cell phone.
It is a bit of a pain having the break though because you need to line up again- go through metal detector again, have bag searched again. The do have waitress service to your seat in the theater though through the app or you can just flag one down- menus are in the seat in front of you- it is just snacks- we got popcorn (it is like half of a movie theatre small!) and a frozen lemonade for 23.00

If you are going to will call I saw the guy next to me go and he got 4 tickets and there were 2 of them going so I guess he got them all at once- I had mobile tickets so they just scan my cell phone.
It is a bit of a pain having the break though because you need to line up again- go through metal detector again, have bag searched again. The do have waitress service to your seat in the theater though through the app or you can just flag one down- menus are in the seat in front of you- it is just snacks- we got popcorn (it is like half of a movie theatre small!) and a frozen lemonade for 23.00

When I saw Angels in America I also had parts 1 and 2 the same day,but I had the tickets so all I did was open my bag and head to my seat.
It was no big deal.
This sounds a bit different.
Anyway thanks for the info. I can hardly wait to see it.Read the books 20 years ago. I actually bought 2 Harry Potter scarves that we will wear to the show. What can I say, Im a 70 year old nerd.

Last edited:

In September I’m seeing The Book of Mormon, Once on This Island, Anastasia, and Spongebob. I originally had tickets for Be More Chill be sold them because we got a better deal for The Book of Mormon on the same day. I’ll report back in October! This will be my third time seeing Anastasia so I’m excited and my first time seeing the others.

I also started my 2019 selection of shows. I have tickets to see Frozen again and we’re planning to see Mean Girls eventually. Frozen happens right after Disneyland so I’ll still be on my Disneyland high!

Haven't been keeping up with this thread, so apologies if this was brought up before.

PMP Team-- are those of you who held Unmasked tickets going to be seeing The Color Purple? I was personally thrilled when the switch happened, I really loved the Broadway revival and it looks like the tour is the same production with a different cast.
We have season subscriptions, so we will be seeing The Color Purple. I have to admit, I was looking forward to Unmasked, so I'm a bit disappointed.
Just changed our Holiday Inn tickets because we will be in Disney celebrating Thanksgiving with our daughter. Luckily, I was able to move them to when she is visiting US for Christmas, so the three of us will see it then!

We have season subscriptions, so we will be seeing The Color Purple. I have to admit, I was looking forward to Unmasked, so I'm a bit disappointed.
Just changed our Holiday Inn tickets because we will be in Disney celebrating Thanksgiving with our daughter. Luckily, I was able to move them to when she is visiting US for Christmas, so the three of us will see it then!

Wait, that's so funny! We also had to change our Holiday Inn tickets because we were celebrating Thanksgiving at Disney! We'll be seeing Holiday Inn during the first week of December now.

Wait, that's so funny! We also had to change our Holiday Inn tickets because we were celebrating Thanksgiving at Disney! We'll be seeing Holiday Inn during the first week of December now.
And..... I just purchased tickets for Christmas week to see Jeremy Jordan in "American Son". Daughter knows about the Holiday Inn tickets, but we are surprising her with these tickets. She loves being a Disney CM and living in Florida, but she misses Broadway and NYC!

Saw Hello Dolly with both Bernadette and then Bette. I luv Bernadette Peters and she performed well, but OMG BETTE! Outstanding. She just breathes excellence. AAHMAZING! Wish I could have seen Donna as well. I really like her too.

Hey, Broadway veterans, I'll be in NYC in early October and plan to head to the TKTS booth for a Wednesday matinee single ticket. Any idea how early I should get in line for the 10 a.m. open? And recommendations for shows that might be likely to have availability? I usually only am able to see touring companies so am super excited. Thanks in advance for advice!

Hey, Broadway veterans, I'll be in NYC in early October and plan to head to the TKTS booth for a Wednesday matinee single ticket. Any idea how early I should get in line for the 10 a.m. open? And recommendations for shows that might be likely to have availability? I usually only am able to see touring companies so am super excited. Thanks in advance for advice!

I can't offer advice about TKTS, but if there's a specific show or two you're interested in, you'd get better/cheaper seats by doing rush seats direct at the box office of the theater.

Looking over today’s TKTS offerings, I would have recommended Come From Away, My Fair Lady, and The Play That Goes Wrong. All were very good. I also liked Puffs on the off-Broadway list if you are a Harry Potter fan (buts it’s no Cursed Child - very budget). By October, I would expect the offerings to have shifted somewhat.

I assume you downloaded the TKTS app. Just check it periodically and you will see which shows are usually on there. Also it apparently has wait times.

I personally loved Come From Away, but I don't know if it will be on there. It's my second favorite after Hamilton (which of course will not be on there). Also enjoyed Once on this Island and Mean Girls.

So I absolutely LOVED Once on this Islnd!!! I’m trying to go back in December but probably won’t make it back until after Disneyland next year. We just missed Hailey Kilgore’s return (we went Sunday and she came back Tuesday) but we had Loren Lott as Ti Moune and we just fell in love with her. We met her at stage door and she was just the sweetest thing! She was on vocal rest but she took time with everyone, took pictures, signed playbills, gave out so many hugs, and had a smile on her face the whole time! She reminded me of Christy Altomare at stage door! I wish I had seen her before so I could see her again!

Going back to the show: so we had sand seats which was amazing. Front row and the seats were only like $180 including taxes and fees. There is a pre-show where the little girl is playing an instrument and the other characters begin to come on stage and talk to the audience before the show starts. Where we sat we were able to pet the chicken and they brought the goats over to us too. We were right next to Agwe so we had most interaction with him. He’s so much fun!

The stage itself is a huge oval in the center of the theatre so the audience is sitting around it. There isn’t a bad place to sit! It’s funny to think about because where I say I loved the show and had one experience but you could sit in a different area and see something different from what I saw! Apparently Asaka cooks during the show and I had no clue until I read other reviews! So that’s also why I want to go back to see it from a different part of the theatre.

But those gods. Let me tell you they were allll aammaaazzzinnngggg! Alex Newell killed it of course and that boy can sing! He was just incredible. Papa Ge (Tamyra Grey but I think I’m spelling her name wrong) was so... I can’t describe it. But everything Papa Ge did or say I loved. Seriously this show doesn’t get the love it deserves. It’s on 50th so it’s kind of out of the way (like most of the theatres are on 44th/45th) so it’s a bit of a walk. Also on 50th is Don Antonio which is a pizza place. Google it. It’s the same pizza in Italy! It’s authentic, fresh, and everything but the water is imported from Italy.

I would highly recommend seeing Once on this Island. The company enjoys each other and they just love their jobs. It’s like a huge party and we’re all invited! Seriously go grab tickets and enjoy it. I don’t think it’s goijg to be there much longer because the theatre was only 90% filled. Now it was a holiday weekend but also maybe people were are waiting until Hailey Kilgore’s return. I hope the numbers improve because I hope it has a long and successful run!

Next up is Spongebob. Now part of me hopes I hate it because if I love it, I’ll want to see it again and since it’s closing, that might be trouble. Haha

Heading to London next week for a couple days (my wife has business meetings there beforehand, so I'm meeting up with her for a short stay in the city). Anyone have any recommendations for a show to catch while we're there (Friday or Saturday night)? We've seen most of the usual musicals (except Book of Mormon, which I'm considering), but I didn't know if there was something that was fairly unique for the West End that we won't necessarily catch in the US?

I can't offer advice about TKTS, but if there's a specific show or two you're interested in, you'd get better/cheaper seats by doing rush seats direct at the box office of the theater.
As someone who is lucky enough to go to theater a lot, i can say yes rush tickets are cheaper. BUT , who wants to get in line at 5 or 6 in the morning to wait for the box office to open at 10 to possibly get an obstructed view ticket.
Mostly the line is filled with students on lounge chairs drinking coffee to stay awake. I find it very sad that theater has out priced itself. Everyone should be able to enjoy and afford the arts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!