The Broadway show thread where we discuss all things Broadway

Getting VERY EXCITED to see Frozen next Wed, seems like so long ago purchased the tickets in March!:woohoo: Can't wait to get in the Xmas spirit in NYC!:santa:

Getting VERY EXCITED to see Frozen next Wed, seems like so long ago purchased the tickets in March!:woohoo: Can't wait to get in the Xmas spirit in NYC!:santa:

Enjoy! I’m not making it back up to NYC until Moulin Rouge next summer, and am missing my Big Apple fix. Will have to settle for just watching the Rockefeller Center coverage from afar tomorrow night:)

Anastasia tonight!! I'm really looking forward to it, I love the use of the projection screens for scenery.

Have a great time! I’ll be seeing Anastasia next weekend at the Hippodrome. Will be my first time seeing it and am super excited for my theater therapy:)

I just found out that my incredible sister is giving me tickets to Hamilton for Christmas! I'll be seeing it on June 22. Can't wait!

Sweet! That definitely is one incredible sister you’ve got! I’ll be seeing that one on June 30th at The Hippodrome with my sons. They know every word and have been kinda patiently waiting for it to come to Baltimore. Lol! Love when family shares the love:)

We saw the Radio City Xmas show last week. Used to go every year when my dd was little. Haven't gone for 6 years or so. The show itself was nice, but very over priced. Don't expect to get anywhere NEAR the bathroom. (If you're familiar with the theater, the bottom floor was shoulder to shoulder. We couldn't get anywhere near the bathroom.)

We saw the Radio City Xmas show last week. Used to go every year when my dd was little. Haven't gone for 6 years or so. The show itself was nice, but very over priced. Don't expect to get anywhere NEAR the bathroom. (If you're familiar with the theater, the bottom floor was shoulder to shoulder. We couldn't get anywhere near the bathroom.)
We went on Saturday. I hadn't seen the show in years and I didn't love it this time. I'm not sure where it was lacking for me. It was the first time my kids saw it and they didn't love it either. Even my Broadway loving daughter was like it was ok. We sat first mezzanine and they opened the mens room as a ladies room. There was still a line for both.

We went on Saturday. I hadn't seen the show in years and I didn't love it this time. I'm not sure where it was lacking for me. It was the first time my kids saw it and they didn't love it either. Even my Broadway loving daughter was like it was ok. We sat first mezzanine and they opened the mens room as a ladies room. There was still a line for both.

We were there Sat, too, 2p, show. Orch seats, about 3/4 way back, center. Our seats were fine. I missed the Playbills they used to hand out. (I remember when they had an intermission.) It wasn't enough spending $$$ for tickets, I felt like it was so "commercial", constant "buy this, buy that". (We didn't buy a thing.) I also feel like the numbers were "rushed". (I was so glad they got rid of that awful hideous "video game" number.)
My dd didn't care for the "modern day lingo" they used. It would be better to keep the show classic.

Like I said, it was "ok". We probably won't go back for many years if at all.

OK so can we talk about Anastasia? I know there are folks who adore the show, but I have many feels.

Particularly about the character of Gleb, and the entire ending after the Anastasia/Grandmother reunion.

Last edited:
OK so can we talk about Anastasia? I know there are folks who adore the show, but I have many feels.

Particularly about the character of Gleb, and the entire ending after the Anastasia/Grandmother reunion.

Just please don't talk spoilers. I haven't see it yet.

We saw it in NYC last month and Christy Altomare, the lead actress, came out after the show and signed autographs and posed for pictures with the audience. (No, that's not me with her.) This was outside -- dunno what she'll do when the weather is too cold.

I would've changed the ending too.
46480574_10217982333380096_3227343403805048832_n.jpg

We were there Sat, too, 2p, show. Orch seats, about 3/4 way back, center. Our seats were fine. I missed the Playbills they used to hand out. (I remember when they had an intermission.) It wasn't enough spending $$$ for tickets, I felt like it was so "commercial", constant "buy this, buy that". (We didn't buy a thing.) I also feel like the numbers were "rushed". (I was so glad they got rid of that awful hideous "video game" number.)
My dd didn't care for the "modern day lingo" they used. It would be better to keep the show classic.

Like I said, it was "ok". We probably won't go back for many years if at all.
We went to the 7:30 show, it was just ok like you said. My older daughter commented about all the sponsor placement! She is 15 and made a sarcastic comment about Chase because it was all over. My younger daughter wanted a snow globe. It was $80 I was like um no! They really didn't have any cute inexpensive things. We didn't purchase anything either. I even had my own snacks and water. My kids have food allergies so I usually bring my own.

We went to the 7:30 show, it was just ok like you said. My older daughter commented about all the sponsor placement! She is 15 and made a sarcastic comment about Chase because it was all over. My younger daughter wanted a snow globe. It was $80 I was like um no! They really didn't have any cute inexpensive things. We didn't purchase anything either. I even had my own snacks and water. My kids have food allergies so I usually bring my own.
My almost 10 year old is starting to pick up on product placement and marketing. It is fascinating see things through his eyes.

Just please don't talk spoilers. I haven't see it yet.

Nope - that's why I haven't added any details :)

We saw it in NYC last month and Christy Altomare, the lead actress, came out after the show and signed autographs and posed for pictures with the audience. (No, that's not me with her.) This was outside -- dunno what she'll do when the weather is too cold.

I would've changed the ending too.

A friend of mine did the same, Christy was SO sweet! She mentioned it was her birthday and Christy took her hands and sang happy birthday to her. Love genuine people :)

I'm so glad I'm not alone in my thinking!!! I hope as the show grows they revisit it. Scarlet Pimpernel went through what - four rewrites before its current iteration? LOL

Nope - that's why I haven't added any details :)

A friend of mine did the same, Christy was SO sweet! She mentioned it was her birthday and Christy took her hands and sang happy birthday to her. Love genuine people :)

I'm so glad I'm not alone in my thinking!!! I hope as the show grows they revisit it. Scarlet Pimpernel went through what - four rewrites before its current iteration? LOL
Christy is one of a kind. DH was in ICU and couldn't attend our planned performance. We met her at the latest Broadway Princess Party and told her how thrilled he was to get to see her finally. She cried and said "Can I PLEASE hug you??" Such a sweet doll of a girl! VERY genuine.

Currently seeing Once On This Island a few more times before it closes. I just did a backstage tour with Alex Newell (Asaka) and he is possibly the nicest and sweetest person!

Got tickets for Hadestown today! I’ll be seeing that in May for my birthday. Got Moulin Rouge tickets for August. Have Frozen in March and The Band’s Visit in Feb and June!

Currently seeing Once On This Island a few more times before it closes. I just did a backstage tour with Alex Newell (Asaka) and he is possibly the nicest and sweetest person!

Got tickets for Hadestown today! I’ll be seeing that in May for my birthday. Got Moulin Rouge tickets for August. Have Frozen in March and The Band’s Visit in Feb and June!

Have you already seen The Band's Visit?

Have you already seen The Band's Visit?

That one is part of our season ticket package - I'm really looking forward to it! Cats is in January, I'm definitely more excited about that one than my husband is :)

Just started rehearsals for the gender-swapped version of The Odd Couple at one of the local black box theaters...it's going to be FUN

That one is part of our season ticket package - I'm really looking forward to it! Cats is in January, I'm definitely more excited about that one than my husband is :)

Just started rehearsals for the gender-swapped version of The Odd Couple at one of the local black box theaters...it's going to be FUN

Um... It looks like you are seeing The Band's Visit twice? I didn't like it enough to see twice. Friends of mine who saw it a few days after I did said they didn't care for it either. (I debated whether or not to mention this. I don't like to be negative. But if you do have tickets to see it twice, and you are kicking yourself later because you didn't make other arrangements, I would feel bad.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!