The Burke Family's Long Awaited Return to WDW!

JBurke

<font color=green>WL VET
Hello we are the Burke Family from Carol Stream, IL.
We consist of:

Me - Janice, age 42. Paralegal and mom of three great kids. Obsessive planner of all WDW trips. :lovestruc

DH - Mike, age 38. Network Engineer and great dad. Just as excited about trip. :surfweb:

DD – Kaitlyn, age 16. Beautiful smart daughter who cannot wait to lay out in the sun. :beach:

DD – Kelly, age 12 but turning 13 on trip. Sweet and adorable and loves planning as much as I do.:bday:

DS – Declan, age 9. Handsome and fun loving. Hasn’t been since he was 3 and is super happy. pirate:

Cat – Disney, age 6. Not going on the trip, but still part of the family. :ccat:

We last went to WDW in 2003. We stayed at WL and loved every second of the trip. We planned on going again in 2 years, but as we all know, life doesn’t always go as planned. We had our ups and downs financially and it just wasn’t possible to plan a trip. We are in a good place now and I really wanted to get in one more trip before the kids were too old for the Disney magic. WL was out the question because the rooms only fit 4 and suites are too expensive. So we are trying POR this time. It looks beautiful from the pictures and I’m sure we will love it. :goodvibes Also new for us this time is that we are driving and not flying. We recently got a new minivan and thought it would be fun to take our time and see some of the country with the kids.

Our plan is:
Wednesday July 28 – DH and kids will pack up car and as soon as I get home from work we will hit the road. We plan on only driving 4-5 hours this day and spend the night somewhere near Kentucky. :car:

Thursday July 29 - We will drive 11-12 hours today and enjoy Tennessee, Georgia and part of Florida. We plan on staying the night somewhere 1-2 hours from WDW. :car:

Friday July 30 – Wake up and head “home” to Disney! Check into POR and if room isn’t ready yet, we will explore hotel and hit the pool. Some poolside drinks are definitely in order. Plan on going to Magic Kingdom in late afternoon for some rides! Have Dessert Party reservations at 9pm. The park is open until 2am today and we hope to take advantage of every minute. We are late night owls.

Saturday July 31 – Head over to Contemporary for our Chef Mickey breakfast. Then to Magic Kingdom for more rides and afternoon parade. Back to hotel for rest and swim (and more drinks). Hoop Dee Doo at 9:30pm. It is our FAVORITE show and cannot wait to see it again.

Sunday August 1 – Spend the day at my favorite park, Hollywood Studios. Have dinner at 50s Prime Time and then hope to see night time dance party and Fantasmic. :wizard:

Monday August 2 – Breakfast at Donalds Safari and then day at Animal Kingdom. Spend evening at Downtown Disney doing some shopping and maybe check out Boardwalk.

Tuesday August 3 – Epcot Day. Have reservation at new Italian restaurant that evening. Illuminations and then back to hotel.

Wednesday August 4 – Kelly’s birthday but also our last Disney day. Check out of hotel and then drive to Typhoon Lagoon for a day of swimming, Drive to Clearwater Beach for the 2nd part of our trip. Check into Hilton Clearwater and check out the area.

Thursday August 5 – Beach day. Enjoy pool and Gulf and do dolphin cruise.
Friday August 6 – Beach Day #2

Saturday August 7 – last beach day. Check out of hotel and hit road back to Chicago.

Thanks for reading my pre-trip. Our countdown has begun and we CANNOT wait!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter