The CCS Gallery! Show us your handiwork!

MeanLaureen

<font color=purple>Slam Dancer Extraordinaire<br><
Hi fellow crafters and artisans! We thought it would be fun for all of us to have a chance to show off all the hard work we do with arts and crafts.

Consider this thread a DIS Virtual Gallery! Post pictures of your handiwork for everyone to Ooooh and Ahhhh over. I know as a crafter and artist myself, sometimes it's just fun showing off your work.

The only guidelines involved are to keep your pictures a reasonable size so that they are easily viewed

Also, please make sure that your pictures remain available to be seen on the boards. Once a thread gets some age to it, if pictures are not still being maintained on the site that you host it on, all we see is a red "x". If we see a post with a picture that has gone to "x", and doesn't return within 48 hours we will take the post off of the thread so that "visitors" to our gallery are not scrolling through a bunch of "x"s. If this happens to one of your pictures, you are more than welcome to repost the picture once the image has been fixed. :)

If you would like to add descriptions of what you made, directions of how you made it, the inspirations behind what you do.. anything like that, I think that would be great and would add to the fun of the gallery! It's a way to inspire your fellow crafters!

So, who is going to put up the first display in the CCS Virtual Gallery?

Hey, I'll play. I haven't done much lately, but here's one of the mini albums I made last winter for the family friend that's more of a surrogate grandmother. I made a similar one for DH to carry around and show off. It only goes up to DS's 2-month portrait. (He's 11 months old today.)

0-2-Months.gif

Hey, that's neat! How did you do it? Is it fabric covered or is the design painted on?

MeanLaureen said:
Hey, that's neat! How did you do it? Is it fabric covered or is the design painted on?
Paper (Scrapworks I think), stickers, rub-ons, printed transparencies, and photos. That's about it. These days it has to be quick and easy. The album itself is just a 12x12 sheet cut into 3rds, stuck together and folded. I think I spent may an hour or two putting this together. I don't even have that much time anymore.

RRBB said:
Paper (Scrapworks I think), stickers, rub-ons, printed transparencies, and photos. That's about it. These days it has to be quick and easy. The album itself is just a 12x12 sheet cut into 3rds, stuck together and folded. I think I spent may an hour or two putting this together. I don't even have that much time anymore.

That's pretty cool! From the picture it looks like a full size album! That's a neat idea. Thanks for posting it. :)

Very nice

so gang lets see some more of your work
I am sure you all must have some stuff to show off :teeth:

I'll go ahead and put up my latest craft :) I've been making hand beaded dog collars and this fall I started selling them at craft shows. Not enough to retire rich just yet, but I haven't done half bad. :)

collar-pur0004.jpg

collar-grn0007.jpg

collar-blu0004.jpg

Since I was an artist before I was a crafter ;) I thought I would post some of my artwork. I mostly dabbled in watercolor and acrylics and pencil and the majority of my subjects were wildlife. At one point in my life I did portraits of people's dogs for them. The most "famous" dogs I ever did was author Patricia Cornwell's dachshunds. Wolves like the one below were another one of my favorite subjects.

wolf.jpg

Wow. Very nice stuff.

I can't wait to see some more.
I wish I had some of the talent that I see here on these boards.

Lauri, I love those collars, and the wolf is very good! This is a great idea, I love looking at other's work.

I am going to need help, I have only posted pictures on the Dis one time, I don't remember how I did itm, and when I did the pictures were very small and I didn't know how to resize them. If anyone can pm me the instructions, i will try again.

Lauri I LOVE that picture

Wolves are a major decortating theme in my house
that picture is beautiful

can't wait to see more of everyones work

but WOW :Pinkbounc that wolf pic is amazing. You have quite a talent for drawing....!

RRBB you mini album is adorable. I love that you can do it that quickly. I send little things like that to my grandmother to keep her up on what we are doing here in Ohio. She loves them! Thanks for the great idea.

The creativity on this board is amazing! I love seeing everyones work.

RRBB-how did you post your pictures and make them go in a slideshow? I love that.

I've just gotten started in digital scrapbooking, and I have to say that this is almost as addictive as traditional scrapping. I'm having a great time downloading papers and elements. It's so great that everything is reusable and the combination possibilities are endless. I don't know that I'll ever like it better than traditional scrapping, but once you figure everything out, it does seem like you can get pages done faster. I'm in the process of redoing my sister's baby book as it is now 44 years old and has fallen apart, so I'm scanning the pics into the computer and making her a digital album in 8x8 format that I will then be able to print out. I also digitally scrapped a few pics of two of my friends babies, that I am doing 8x8 also, so I can print them out. Here is what I have finished so far.

47b5cf32b3127cce956d6752ebe900000016108IZtGrNqyae

47b5cf32b3127cce956d677eebc500000016108IZtGrNqyae

47b5cf32b3127cce956d66df2acc00000016108IZtGrNqyae

47b5cf32b3127cce956d63c8eb7100000016108IZtGrNqyae

47b5cf32b3127cce956d60bdab9d00000016108IZtGrNqyae

47b5cf32b3127cce956d63bf6a3600000016108IZtGrNqyae

47b5cf32b3127cce956d63b16a3800000016108IZtGrNqyae

OOPS, SORRY, DIDN'T REALIZE THERE WAS ALSO A SCRAPBOOKING GALLERY, WILL POST THESE OVER THERE.

My first foray in creating an autograph book. I used scrapbook paper and Jolee dimensional stickers, as well as silver rimmed tags and epoxy stickers to add the name. I would still like to add a Mickey Mouse dimensional sticker on the left side, cover the inside of the covers and maybe figure out how to laminate the whole cover for added protection.
autograph_book.jpg

iNTeNSeBLue98 - Very nice! If you use Modge Podge you'll protect it. It's this stuff that you paint on...it dries clear but leaves a nice, thick protective coating. It's Great!

I make birthday cakes every year for my DS. Normally, I would buy the Wilton pan and be done with it, but on his third birthday the Buzz Lightyear pan was retired and only found selling on ebay for over 150.00. No thanks. So I had an idea with some corrugated, mylar paper,edible rice paper, and 5 hours of my Saturday night I created and finished this cake for him. After that I almost didn't want to let anyone eat it lol. But anyway here it is and by no means am I a professional baker, but I just wanted to show others that it is not difficult.

cake.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!