The CCS Gallery! Show us your handiwork!

Made these to go with my up coming trip to Disneyland :-) Perfect for the Halloween season dressing up as Ursula ^__^. I really enjoy making these.

779Z8to.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Made a savings jar for our trip. Next time I think I need a smaller jar...lol.
34735549175_71646cf7a2_z_d.jpg
We did this for our first cruise, using a payment system that followed the weeks. Example In January you have weeks 1,2,3 and 4 add that up and it's 10, so 10 dollars went into the pot, February is 5,6,7 and 8 that equals 26 so 26 dollars went into the pot and so on. We had some fun money when the year was over.

So happy to find a spot to post our projects! This is a Baymax/Big Hero 6 amigurumi I am working on for my oldest boy. Just the arms and legs to go!
baymaxinprogress2_1.jpg

The pattern is on Ravelry for free, by Nerdy Knots.

And this is the savings jar I made a few weeks ago, we are saving up for Disneyland! :cool1: Just a pickle jar, paints, glitter, and gloss sealer spray.
disneyjar.jpg
Baymax is adorable I have tried many times to learn how to knit or crochet. Sadly I fail.

I found the instructions for this cake on the internet somewhere...

PirateCakePlanks.jpg"

100_0548.JPG

The pictures are not all that great, but all it is are two 9" round layers of a cake, each cut in half and "iced together" with the round side on bottom and leaving the "flat" part on top as a deck. I iced the whole thing with chocolate and embellished it with Twix bars as cannons, Piroulines as deck railings, Hershey's Nuggets for treasure, two Peanut Butter Logs as the plank, and of course LEGO pirates. The cannons sticking out on the sides of the ship are Chocolate Piroulines cut in half with candles stuck very carefully into the chocolate. The masts are made from parchment paper on wooden skewers. We lit all the cannons and sang Happy Birthday (this was two years ago.) It was the biggest hit with everyone!
Looks delicious, we made a construction Lego cake for the grooms cake at the rehearsal dinner.

My first attempt at posting a picture of something I made. I made earrings too but I was wearing them and forgot to take them off for the pic.

As a new jewelry addict, I'm experiementing with different combinations of beads and clasps. Unfortunately, I didn't have a gold or bronze clasp for this but I was so excited about it I had to go ahead with what I had. This took hours to make because I started with another design in mind, using a black/silver glass bead as my main bead and working with other beads that I had on hand. I kept manipulating the beads and not liking the configuration. Then I tried working with some green beads I had, again I wasn't satisfied. Finally, the red ones. The main piece is dyed coral, and there are several smaller pieces of coral in it. I kept trying all these red combination and just didn't like it until I remembered the brown/amber beads I had for something else. Then it started coming together. Once the muse spoke, it worked!

rednecklace.jpg
The necklace is beautiful, you took your time and planned it well and the results show.

I made a felt version of the portrait of Pooh on the wall of Owl's house from one of my favorite rides, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh in the Magic Kingdom. These pics are also on my Instagram site.
pooh finished.JPG pooh ride.jpg

Attachments

• pooh finished.JPG
    pooh finished.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 1
Love your work, do you use patterns or make your own?

Thanks! I did draft the pattern myself, but I did use this a diy tutorial with some modifications for my son / to make it look closer to Flynn's outfit. I've actually used the same tutorial to also make a male elsa costume, and currently working on a Peter Pan and Festival of Fantasy prince philip. (Again as a basis with modifications depending on the look of the outfit)

http://www.makeit-loveit.com/2013/10/halloween-costumes-2013-flynn-rider-from-tangled.html

Attachments

• kiddoelsa.jpg
    kiddoelsa.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
IMG_1324.JPG

I decided that I wanted to learn to paint with watercolors. So, I ordered some paint and paper and watched some YouTube videos. I sketched Mickey looking at the 80's Mickey statue/phone on my desk. Then, I painted and inked it. It's not too bad for my first try?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!