The CCS Virtual Cookbook Desserts...

Here's a recipe I made for 4th of July that turned out perfectly!

3690640584_307b59ccba_o.jpg

Cheesecake:
6 low-fat graham crackers (2 1/2 by 5 inches each)
1/3 cup whole almonds
1 1/4 cups sugar
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 bars (8 ounces each) non-fat or reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
1/2 cup non fat or reduced-fat sour cream
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Pinch salt

Topping:
1 1/2 pints (3 cups) blueberries
3/4 cup sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch

Make crust: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a food processor, grind graham crackers, almonds, and 1/4 cup sugar until finely ground; add butter, and process until moistened. Transfer to a 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan. Using the base of a dry measuring cup, press mixture firmly into the bottom and up sides of pan. Freeze at least 15 minutes.

Make filling and bake: Carefully wipe processor blade and bowl clean. Place cream cheese, sour cream, 1/2 cup sugar, egg, vanilla, and salt in food processor; blend just until smooth. Place tart pan on a rimmed baking sheet; fill with cheesecake mixture. Bake until filling is just set, 30 to 35 minutes. Transfer tart pan to a wire rack to cool completely.

Combine all topping ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, and cook until berries break down, about 4 minutes. Let cool, then refrigerate, covered, until cold (or up to 3 days).

Assemble tart: Spread cooled blueberry mixture over tart. Chill until ready to serve, at least 2 hours and up to 1 day. Remove from pan before serving.

This was so good and not as bad for you as a full-fat cheesecake. Both recipes are Martha Stewart, and the photo is my own. :)

This is a dessert I recently came up with for a 4th of July Party.

Red, White, and Blue Triffle

Red Velvet Cake (recipe of your choice)
2 envelopes of Instant Whipping Cream (usually one box)
2 packages of Cream Cheese Flavor Instant Pudding
2 3/4 cups cold milk, divided
1 tsp Vanilla
Blueberries
Strawberries

1. Bake Red Velvet Cake according to package and allow to cool. Cut up into cubes.
2. Beat wipped topping mixes, 1 cup milk and vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed for 6 minutes or until topping thickens and forms peaks.
3. Add remaining 1 3/4 cups milk and pudding mixes; beat on low speed. Beat on high for 2 minutes, scrapping bowl occassionally.
4. Layer Red Velvet Cake into Triffle Dish, add a layer of Cream Cheese Mousse, top with blueberries. Add another layer of Red Velvet Cake, Cream Cheese Mousse. Hull Strawberries and make a ring around the top of the triffle, place remaining blueberries in center. Chill and serve.

When I was a Pampered Chef Consultant, these were my 2 extra easy mini dessert demos I did.
Super Easy Mini Cinnamon Buns

1 tin of Pillsbury Crescents
Sugar
Cinnamon

When you open your crescents, 2 triangles are stuck together. Don't separate them, they make a rectangle with a pleat in the middle. Pinch the pleat together. Mix your cinnamon and sugar together, and put in a shaker if you have one or you could put it through a very fine sifter/strainer. Sprinkle sugar/cinn mix over the rectangle of crescents. Roll them up from the short end making a log. Slice pieces making mini cinn buns. Place them face up in a baking dish, I use a Pampered Chef Baking stone(the round one with the sides). Once you have all crescents cut, sprinkle the remaining sugar/cinn mix over the mini cinn buns. Bake at 350F for 10-15 min.
This is very quick and easy, good for Christmas morning opening gifts or just over coffee/tea Sunday morning.

Chocolate Kisses:
1 pkg Pillsbury Chocolate Chip cookie dough
24-36 Hershey Kisses
Scoop cookie dough into mini muffin pan. Unwrap kisses, placing one kiss in the center of each dollop of cookie dough. Bake according to cookie dough. So easy and everyone loves them.

OMG, I am Hungry now. Thanks!:lovestruc

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts