The Connors

Roseanne is supposed to die of an opioid overdose. But with last minute regrets about firing her and totally losing the audience, they may soften her death. I've heard they are really worried that the show won't last without her. Really, what made you think that?

Yeah, I don't think killing her off will work at all. I don't know what else they could do though to explain her absence.

Yeah, I don't think killing her off will work at all. I don't know what else they could do though to explain her absence.

I did read one theory that she goes off to visit the other kid. (Maybe he has a serious medical problem or something?) They could kind of use that to test how the show plays without her.

I did read one theory that she goes off to visit the other kid. (Maybe he has a serious medical problem or something?) They could kind of use that to test how the show plays without her.

I suppose they could come up with something like that. That way they could "keep her alive" through phone calls and letters. Like Dan has a funny exchange on the phone and we obviously will only see his side of the conversation, but her side is implied with Dan's funny comebacks and facial expressions.

Killing her off will just set a depressing tone that they will not be able to recover from. Her and Dan have been sweethearts, partners and lovers for so long, he would be completely lost and broken without her. It's not something they could just "deal with" in one episode then move on from. Kind of hard to build a comedy off such a tragic loss for him.

I agree killing her off would set a very dark tone for the show. Keeping her alive by having her at the other son's house taking care of him, like a previous poster said, you can have phone calls between her and the kids, Jackie and Dan. Might be a good way to still sort of have her on the show without really having her on the show. Love her or hate her, she was the center of the show, it was called Roseanne for a reason. I will watch because I really like John Goodman and would like to see the show do well for him.

"The other kid" has a name - Jerry. Jerry Garcia Conner. It's always the youngest that gets overlooked, taken for granted.

Sincerely,
Not the youngest

So I missed it - I guess it wasn't really on my radar. Can someone post a spoiler of how she was written off the show?

She made it through the knee surgery, but later ODed on painkillers from someone else's prescription.

Amusing and entertaining, not as much as usual, but should improve. Geena showed up, Lecy Gorensen can't act. Still no Jerry. Or Andy. Neither was mentioned.

She made it through the knee surgery, but later ODed on painkillers from someone else's prescription.

Amusing and entertaining, not as much as usual, but should improve. Geena showed up, Lecy Gorensen can't act. Still no Jerry. Or Andy. Neither was mentioned.
Thank you!!

Dan and Darlene are great actors. Jackie is too over the top, but she's just written that way. Becky is getting better. DJ still stinks and so does his wife, which is annoying b/c DJ has the excuse of being a former kid actor who is a bit rusty, but the wife is a new character, so they could have gotten a better actress.

I can't get into the story line b/c so much of the acting is so stiff and forced.

Normally when I watch a show, I don't even notice that actors are playing a role, b/c I'm just focused on the characters and story line, but this is just bad. I felt the same was when Roseanne was on the show too. I keep hoping it will get better. Excited about the characters that will be on next week though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter