The Connors

Dan and Darlene are great actors. Jackie is too over the top, but she's just written that way. Becky is getting better. DJ still stinks and so does his wife, which is annoying b/c DJ has the excuse of being a former kid actor who is a bit rusty, but the wife is a new character, so they could have gotten a better actress.

I can't get into the story line b/c so much of the acting is so stiff and forced.

Normally when I watch a show, I don't even notice that actors are playing a role, b/c I'm just focused on the characters and story line, but this is just bad. I felt the same was when Roseanne was on the show too. I keep hoping it will get better. Excited about the characters that will be on next week though!

I agree with you. It always felt like you knew they were acting and it wasn’t like that the first time around. Will and Grace is the same way.

I didn't care for it. I will give it a couple more episodes though. I found it depressing. I watch the show to laugh, and seeing Dan grieve is just too heavy for me. Seeing Darlene struggle with the bills and the loss was also depressing. Jackie breaking down etc. Yes, they added some humor in, but the overall tone is just too sad for me. It's like one minute they are crying, the next they say something funny. Just not for me I guess.

It was just okay for me. I'm hoping that they got her death out of the way next week will be better. It's like they had to start all over again with Roseanne being fired. So now John Goodman and Laurie Metcalf have to take on more of the lead role. Also Sara Gilbert will be getting more air time too. Hopefully they will settle into their new roles soon.

She made it through the knee surgery, but later ODed on painkillers from someone else's prescription.

Amusing and entertaining, not as much as usual, but should improve. Geena showed up, Lecy Gorensen can't act. Still no Jerry. Or Andy. Neither was mentioned.

Who are Jerry and Andy??

Dan and Darlene are great actors. Jackie is too over the top, but she's just written that way. Becky is getting better. DJ still stinks and so does his wife, which is annoying b/c DJ has the excuse of being a former kid actor who is a bit rusty, but the wife is a new character, so they could have gotten a better actress.

I can't get into the story line b/c so much of the acting is so stiff and forced.

Normally when I watch a show, I don't even notice that actors are playing a role, b/c I'm just focused on the characters and story line, but this is just bad. I felt the same was when Roseanne was on the show too. I keep hoping it will get better. Excited about the characters that will be on next week though!
I could be wrong but I thought I read or saw in an interview when the show first came back that DJ’s wife was the same girl who played her as a kid. (The girl he didn’t wan to kiss.) I didn’t think she was bad, I liked how she took swipes at Darlene. As far as DJ he didn’t act after the original show so he hasn’t been an actor for over 20 years.

I thought it was a lot less stiff than last season. I also thought they handled it very well. I laughed out loud several times. Poor Jackie, that would be me, trying to make everything alright. I did t think I’d give the show a shot but I think I will.

I could be wrong but I thought I read or saw in an interview when the show first came back that DJ’s wife was the same girl who played her as a kid. (The girl he didn’t wan to kiss.)
Yup. Not the same actress, but ironically that same character.

The 1st 15 min they were losing me with all the laughter and the jokes. I expected some, but not so quickly, as a viewer, we needed a minute to grieve as well. They won me back the last half of the show. I will miss roseanne the character, but i think theyll hold their own without her.

oh I thought that was part of a dream sequence or something back then- I vaguely remember they had another kid.
When she gave birth to jerry, it was a halloween episode so it was in a dreamlike state for her. But they did have a baby. Andy was there for a couple of seasons, so yes they should explain that.

The 1st 15 min they were losing me with all the laughter and the jokes. I expected some, but not so quickly, as a viewer, we needed a minute to grieve as well. They won me back the last half of the show. I will miss roseanne the character, but i think theyll hold their own without her.

That's good to know because I switched to another show after 15 minutes. Guess I will watch the rest of it later today. :thumbsup2

I missed it but probably won't go find it to watch. Too much grieving in real life around me the past year. I don't need it in a sitcom.

I actually think I will watch a few episodes. Reboots can be a little strange, hopefully it will turn into something good. I grew up watching Roseanne, and I loved the character Roseanne Conner. The actress Roseanne Barr, not so much, so it was a hard pass last year with the first reboot.

When she gave birth to jerry, it was a halloween episode so it was in a dreamlike state for her. But they did have a baby. Andy was there for a couple of seasons, so yes they should explain that.
Hey ya, what happened to Jerry?? lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter