The Consolation Prize: Planning A Disney Trip

sunb75

Mouseketeer
Hello! My name is Sunshine and the trip I'm planning is July 2-14.

Previous trip: Summer 2009 with DH, DS-12, DS-10, DD-7. Stayed at Shades of Green. Visited all 4 parks and Blizzard Beach. We drove (yuck), had no plans (yuck! yuck! yuck!). The trip was ok, but it was really a mess as none of us knew what we were doing. No FP, no ADR, just lots of waiting, heat, and more waiting... I have lots of good pictures, though :P The trip was good, but I wouldn't do it again that way, ever...

Current trip-This trip will be me, DS-15, and DD-12. DH isn't much of a traveler (but has encouraged us to travel!) and DS-17 will be looking for a job this summer and thinks he's too cool. We only started talking about this trip a couple months ago.

Long story short, my dd is a competitive gymnast (level 8), she qualified for regionals and I promised her a trip of her choice this summer instead of regionals due to cost (a few thousand $ at least) and the fact she wasn't at the top of her game. She actually chose Colorado (my brother lives there). I'm not a big nature, outdoor person so I started looking at other options ;)

We've talked about WDW off and on so I decided to look into it. Being military, I was surprised and excited to find cheap tickets ($169/4 days!) and SOG had available rooms. Asked DD, she said yes and the madness began!!

Our trip started out at a week with 4 park days. They more I research and read, the longer I wanted to stay. We are now at 12 days and 8 park days. That will have to do for now.

We are also planning to go to Sea World. 1. It's FREE! 2. DD and I love animals, sea animals being my favorite. DD wants to be a vet. I hope she still feels that way in about 6 years :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter