• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Countdown begins!....7 days

Mtnman44

DIS Veteran
I'm very excited. I'm going to WDW on work travel for 8 days!!! ha ha. Have a conference during the day but hitting the parks every night. Got my ADRs all lined up. Lots of new places for me: La Cellier, Concourse, Boma, Chez de France, Rose and Crown, Marakesh, etc. No DVC needed this trip. Staying at Coronado Springs. I've never been to WDW in the summer before, so I'm worried about that, but hey it's practically a free trip so no complaints here.

My only concern is that the parks will be absolutely packed and we of course will have no fast passes by then. We will also be dependant on the WDW buss system so I'm hoping that we won't see 30+ minute wait times to the bus. My collegue and I are sure to make use of the single rider lines. I've also intentionally planned on going to NON-EMH parks most of the nights, hopefully to avoid the worst crowds.

One question: Anyone have a good suggestion on the best way to get from our resort to the AKL for our Boma reservation? We'll have about an hour from the end of the conference at the hotel (Coronado) to our reservation time.

Hi - we'll be there in 7 days too! :woohoo: We went to Boma last year when we stayed at CSR for the weekend (great place to eat by the way!) - we took the bus from our resort to AK, then hopped on a bus to the AKL from there (2 min. ride or less). Then going back, we took a bus from AKL to DTD, shopped a bit, then caught a bus back to our resort from there. Have fun!

We too had luck going from our resort to AK, then taking the AKL bus from there. An hour should be plenty of time, especially since the trip from CSR to AK is not too long.

I'm jealous about your 7 day countdown....we have a long 30 days ahead before we head down.....:goodvibes (could be much worse I suppose.....;) )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter