The Cove on Harbour

aebeauregard

Mouseketeer
We are arriving Saturday night around 9pm and staying at HOJO. We will not have a car. We would like to buy either a case or a couple gallons of bottled water, a 12 pack of coke, and maybe like a 6 or 12 pack of beer to have in our room. In google maps it shows the closest "convenience" store is the Cove of Harbour. I can't tell if we would be able to buy these things there or if it is more a grab and go place were we could by like one 16 oz bottle of water and 1 bottle of coke at a time. Can anyone let me know if they sell larger quantities?

I don't think we want to walk all the way to the CVS farther down the street. Or maybe there is someone closer I'm not aware of.

Otherwise I may try to arrange prime now or something to drop off at our hotel ahead of arrival. I'm guessing they won't deliver later than like 9pm.

Thanks everyone!! Getting so excited!!

Looking at the photos on Yelp, it looks more like a coffee bar with a small convenience store selection. Even at most convenience stores these days I'm not sure you'd be able to get a 12 pack of Coke.

The store has a little of everything (at premium prices). They do sell both bottled water and beer.
I don't remember if they sell whole cases of water but you could call them at 714 535 6650 and ask.
There's also a little gift store in the Park View Inn that I believe sells cases of water.
FWIW, some of the hotels on Harbor will give guests free bottles of water for the asking. Maybe Hojo's does this?

Hope you have a great time!

Yes, this is a little store that does have a little bit of everything. It is not cheap, but will do in a pinch. I also would suggest either placing an order with Von's or taking an Uber to Walmart or another grocery store close by.

The Main Street market actually at HOJO has all of those items as well, and they're open until 11 p.m. daily. The prices aren't that great though. Maybe pick up a day's worth of goods and then have Prime Now deliver midday the following day.

Cove will have all those items, at premium prices. But it may all even out of you add Uber prices on to the regular store prices.

Cove typically has a "spend $20, get a case of water for $9.99" type of special. We just grab our stuff there (at Cove), as it's the easiest to get in and out of, and after 3 years, I'm spoiled and don't want to walk to 7-11 :)

There's also a target further down Harbor. I would walk to CVS, get all my goodies, then uber back. We love sitting on the balcony at HOJOs with a drink after the kids have fallen asleep. Have fun!
We did this when we stayed at BWPPI. Took a stroll down to CVS and called an Uber for the ride back. While we were almost done in the store I checked the app to see driver availability. Luckily there were a lot in the area, so we only had to wait a few minutes.

The walk from CVS is reasonably short if you're just walking it, but having hauled a case of bottled water where I didn't have a car, I'd note that it wasn't that fun. What I really wish I had were wheels. If you've got rolling luggage, maybe you could clear it out and then use it to transport whatever you're getting at CVS.

Ha. I feel so dumb I didn't even consider I could use uber for this. The walk to CVS and then uber home sounds like a good plan. Or maybe even the luggage thing....see how we are feeling after our flights.

Do they sell beer at CVS also? I'm from MN were they don't sell alcohol unless it's at a liquor store.

Thanks guys.

Ha. I feel so dumb I didn't even consider I could use uber for this. The walk to CVS and then uber home sounds like a good plan. Or maybe even the luggage thing....see how we are feeling after our flights.

Do they sell beer at CVS also? I'm from MN were they don't sell alcohol unless it's at a liquor store.

Thanks guys.
Yes, they sell beer. They also sell hard liquor and wine. :drinking1

They have a decent selection of basic food items too, if you'd like to stock up on snacks and/or breakfast type items.

Thanks guys.

Yeah - they do. However, it's kind of set up like a typical CVS in a tourist location with a lot of souvenirs and things that people might want to take to their hotel rooms. It's not going to be a place that many locals are going to visit. Frankly it looks like they're looking to sell a lot of liquor.

https://www.yelp.com/biz/cvs-pharmacy-anaheim-36
o.jpg

I'll note that the CVS on Harbor seems to have a lot of convenience store items like sandwiches and ready to eat items like I've seen at CVS locations in downtowns where people might be taking them back to their offices. Of course a lot of Disney related items, but nothing that specifically says Disneyland on it. Also a full service pharmacy. But they should have everything that you might find at a neighborhood CVS.

And if you feel like it I think there's a California Lottery machine.

It's not going to be cheap though. I wouldn't recommend going to CVS for anyone with a car. Walmart, Target, or a supermarket will be less expensive and have a more selection. CVS will be cheaper than a convenience store though.

We love The Cove, they have a pretty good selection of local craft beers, wine, ice cream, good coffee drinks and pastries...

We’re currently staying at Tropicana where the Cove is, have been in twice, and didn’t see any cases of water or signs about a special as mentioned above — but they may just be out, or keep cases behind the counter? we’ll inquire next time we go in and will report back.

Yup. We don't limit alcohol sales to only ABC stores. Only real restriction is you can't buy alcohol between 2am and 6am. No blue laws. Welcome to California :rotfl:

I definitely support the idea to go to CVS and get a ride back (I'd prefer Target myself, but it would require a ride there too which might negate any savings). Or, for simplicity, just get an ordered delivered from Von's or Prime.

Yup. We don't limit alcohol sales to only ABC stores. Only real restriction is you can't buy alcohol between 2am and 6am. No blue laws. Welcome to California :rotfl:

I definitely support the idea to go to CVS and get a ride back (I'd prefer Target myself, but it would require a ride there too which might negate any savings). Or, for simplicity, just get an ordered delivered from Von's or Prime.

I think they can buy watered down beer at supermarkets and convenience stores. I remember seeing that in Utah. However, even they just upped the allowable alcohol level for non state liquor store sales.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter