The Cove on Harbour

I think they can buy watered down beer at supermarkets and convenience stores. I remember seeing that in Utah. However, even they just upped the allowable alcohol level for non state liquor store sales.

Depends on the state. Some that limit liquor sales will allow grocery stores to still sell beer and wine. But CVS isn't really a grocery store (or so my credit card reward programs so far have said lol). Some states might still classify them as such, though, for purposes of allowing them to sell beer and wine.

Depends on the state. Some that limit liquor sales will allow grocery stores to still sell beer and wine. But CVS isn't really a grocery store (or so my credit card reward programs so far have said lol). Some states might still classify them as such, though, for purposes of allowing them to sell beer and wine.

I was really thinking of it from a generic idea of a retailer outside of a state-owned liquor store selling alcohol. When I was in Utah I didn't really go to a lot of supermarkets, but I remember one hotel had a small store with 3.2% beer.

At least in California there's a difference between beer and wine licenses vs liquor licenses. I thought in Minnesota the limit is really 3.2% alcohol where anything higher needs to be sold at a store with a liquor license.

Yup. We don't limit alcohol sales to only ABC stores. Only real restriction is you can't buy alcohol between 2am and 6am. No blue laws. Welcome to California :rotfl:

I believe Minnesota has private retail liquor licenses, so you don't need to buy your liquor or "heavy beer" from the state. But it doesn't sound like they allow certain types of businesses like supermarkets to sell more than 3.2% beer.

I was really thinking of it from a generic idea of a retailer outside of a state-owned liquor store selling alcohol. When I was in Utah I didn't really go to a lot of supermarkets, but I remember one hotel had a small store with 3.2% beer.

At least in California there's a difference between beer and wine licenses vs liquor licenses. I thought in Minnesota the limit is really 3.2% alcohol where anything higher needs to be sold at a store with a liquor license.
I believe Minnesota has private retail liquor licenses, so you don't need to buy your liquor or "heavy beer" from the state. But it doesn't sound like they allow certain types of businesses like supermarkets to sell more than 3.2% beer.

My point was just that all states (and actually even counties if one wants to be technical) have very different laws and to give the details on what California's are (sales allowed on Sundays [no blue laws], sales between 2am and 6 am prohibited, no state control on spirits; I did leave off, though, as it didn't seem relevant that anything over 120 proof is illegal in the whole state). Some of the laws are relatively complicated too in other states. Thankfully California's are actually quite simple relatively speaking. I'm not sure why you needed to quote me twice in a row to respond to me again? Especially to a post you had already quoted and responded to previously.

This is way too off topic now. OP, all you need to know is that you can buy beer at CVS. Along with any liquor (below 120 proof) you might also like. Just don't try to purchase between 2am and 6am and you're good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter