*The Cupcake Tour*This trip report is brought to you by..The Happiest Wife on Earth*

figmentswife

One little spark will light your fancy
This trip report is brought to you by....The Happiest Wife on Earth

Why, because we had a June trip planned as a family, but in January found out my son would not be able to go because of his summer job, and then found out my DH (GREATEST MAN EVER!!!) needed to have major surgery that would take him down for months. Dr. said a June trip to Disney was possible, but he would need lots of breaks, and rest. So we made the decision to delay/cancel our June trip.

However, about a month ago, my husband said "you have taken such good care of me, I want you and DD to do ahead and go to Disney in June, I can't go but you can"

I was like - WHAT??? ummmm, O.K. so I booked the room before he finished his sentence, and we got dressed and went to the Disney store to get our tickets. You see, I was concerned he would change his mind, so I had to have my Mickey's together, so he couldn't change his mind.

Let me back up and say, DD and I have asked MANY times for a girls trip, and he always says NO, if your going to Disney, it will NOT be without me. Greatest Man Ever, loves Disney as much if not more then I do.

And my very good friend Cre Cre - as dubbed this *The Cupcake Tour*

So off to the planning.:cool1:

Here is DH - aka GREATEST MAN EVER!!!! (our story, we were high school sweet hearts, broke up, moved on for a few years, then found each other again and married - 13 years now.) "Greatest Man Ever" has a rare liver disease called PSC, that caused him to developed UC - he had his colon removed in February, then some complications after surgery and that is why he is not going on our girls trip in June. BUT...don't feel too bad for him, we are going again in September for 11 days)​

ME (Figmentswife) I LOVE Figment, have since I was a child, purple was my favorite color and he's purple, so - there ya go!

DD She loves Disney and Vera Bradley, cause she is cool like that.

List of things we have never done:

Magic Kingdom:
Carousel of Progress
Astro Orbiter
Under the Sea
ETWB
It's a Small World
Big Thunder Mountain

Epcot
Soarin
Maelstrom
Grande Fiesta

Hollywood Studios
Tower of Terror

Animal Kingdom
Nemo Musical
Birds of Pray
Everst

A girls' only trip - what fun! I'm sorry to hear your husband and son won't be able to go and hope your husband recuperates fully so he can go in November. Can't wait to read more :cheer2:

Time to start the planning. Check employee rates at Swan/Dolphin, check crowd calendars, and HOW are we going to get there??/

Swan has employee rates for the 16-21 - only 6 days in Disney, but better than nothing right?

Now check crowd calendars - SCARY:scared1: But OH WELL!!! Going to Disney anyways.

Now HOW are we going to get there?? I don't want to drive alone for 9 hours, maybe I will check flight prices, DD has never flown so that would be fun. Also decided to check the train. The train is CHEAP - so I book it. 13 hour train ride, we can do that right?

Oh wait, I like to change plans, so will the dates stay the same? What will we do about the crowd calenders? Will we go ahead and get AP passes? What about park hopping, can we, should we, will we?

And as for getting there....How much fun will the train be? MAYBE I can talk DH into buying us airline tickets, or maybe I will change it all up and decide to drive!​

O.K lets get serious about the planning.

We FIRST....need a place to stay. Checked rates at our favorite resort POP Century, and doable, then check rates at Swan/Dolphin.....

And...Employee rates are up and available - so CHECK, resort reservations made.

Next: How will we get there. I haven't flown in about 23 years, but I am not scared (ok, maybe a little nervous) but not scared. So I check rates, and they are around $116 per person, each way. Not bad, and get to Disney in about 1 hour 45 minutes for around $450 total.

Driving would cost: $200 gas, $200 rooms (1 night each way) plus drive time - about 9 hours total driving, plus spending the night in a hotel each way so Total to drive around $400

Now to check the train - 13 hour train ride, over night....so I might be able to sleep through some of it. Total $186 (with AAA Discount)

So looking at all options the train has the best price, but 13 hours on a train each way is a TON of down time.

I decided to book it, and we will make an adventure of it.

Now for the crowd calendars. Josh has 8's for our dates - OUCH!!!! I have never been to Disney with crowd levels of 8 before. The highest crowd levels we had been in are 6's.

Oh well, we will be in Disney, so we will deal with it somehow. ::yes::

Funny thing is, I check the crowd calendars daily...like I think they are going to change for the better or something.

:banana:We are going to Disney:banana: I love Disney

Now I am starting to feel bad that DD and I get to go to Disney but DH will be home. :eek:

When I talk about it, I can see that he is sad! So daily we talk about our fall trip and what we want to do, where we want to stay, how many days.

Oh, and after doing the math, we are upgradeing to AP's. DD and I will go ahead and upgrade in June, then in the fall DH will get an AP.

So MORE Disney trips to plan, so we can get the MOST of our AP's.:lovestruc

A girls' only trip - what fun! I'm sorry to hear your husband and son won't be able to go and hope your husband recuperates fully so he can go in November. Can't wait to read more :cheer2:

I know right??? FUN, FUN, FUN!!!! So excited for our girls trip. And DH is doing better, and he will go with us in the fall.

CHANGE OF PLANS!!!

After thinking about the train, and getting a little stressed about the 13 hour ride, wondering if we will be able to sleep at all I talked to DH about canceling the train and driving. He was not to happy about us driving alone. I said what is the top price for flying, he gave me the number and I started looking again. The flights were within our budget and he said BOOK IT!!!
So I booked our flights!!! :cool1:

So now we are flying, it will give us time on arrival and departure day to be in the parks.

Now back to obsessing over the crowd calendars.

Also, It is time to make our matching t-shirts. If you have not looked on the Creative boards, you REALLY should. There are some AMAZING and giving people over there. (I will post pics later )

So planning the t-shirts, we have 6 days so that is 6 shirts each. It is going to be warmer than we are used to so I am thinking we will need tank tops. Ok that is the first issue, because DD nor I like tank tops, we don't like tight shirts, however Target has a nice tank top that is not tight -
tank tops - CHECK

Now to pick the designs.....This is ALWAYS an issue, there are SOOOOO MANY!!! Have I mentioned the awesome people on the Dis Creative boards??? There are so many choices, how in the world do I narrow it down to 6? I have a couple of favorites that we have used on the last couple of trips, that we will most likely use, but what about new ones?

I also like to add Glitter to me shirts, another Diser posted her pics last year of how she added glitter and I just fell in LOVE with the idea, so now I have to glitterize our shirts.

Now also to planning park hopping during level 8 crowds. I will post our plans soon.

Next post should be our shirts!!!

I also have a couple of Dis meets planned.​

Joining in. I think we will be at Disney around the same time. We are going June 7-14. Let the countdown begin. :thumbsup2

So now it is time to get stuff together for our girls trip.

I have the Mickey fanny pack, and it is great, but wouldn't it be nice to have a Vera Bradley one?

And let's not get into the fanny pack debate. I LOVE having a fanny pack at Disney. I have tried draw string packs, smaller purse and the fanny packs just works best for me.

Checked the VB website, and NOTHING....Why don't they have a fanny pack. So I decided to google "fanny pack" to see if I can find something cute for the parks. And I see that there ARE Vera Bradley fanny packs, they just don't sell them anymore.

So HOW do I get my hands on one of these. Started another google search and, there are some for sale on ebay. (Now I should tell you, I have NEVER shopped on ebay before) so I look around, look around, don't like the designs. I decided to keep checking. Amazon, NOPE! I will wait until later.

Next morning, I go back on ebay, and I find one I like so I "Buy it now" I have no idea how big it is or just how much space is in it, but it's VERA BRADLEY and a fanny pack!!!!!

Here it is.....

It has plenty of space for what I need daily. I have clipped onto it a flat water bottle for the parks. This plan may change as we go, but I thought it was a good start. June is warmer then April and October, so I want to be prepared. Also, DD had Disney EMS called on our last trip because she got dehydrated - right beside the castle, during the 3:00 parade. We don't want THAT to happen again, so we will both carry our flat water bottles this time.

This trip planning just gets better, and better by the day!​

Following along. Planning is the fun part.

And here we go with the matching shirts. I know, I know, some people think they are stupid, but we LOVE them. :thumbsup2 So I get started picking out designs, and shirts.

Here is what I have (so far)

This is probubly my FAVORITE design. We have used it twice now, and get the most compliments on it. People ask where we got them from. (however, this time around, I printed it on clear transfer paper, and should have used the white)

Another favorite - we usually wear these on our last day.

We usually wear these to .....you guessed it...Hollywood Studios.

YEP - that IS glitter.

Who doesn't love Minnie???

Nope, I didn't make this one, I got it at the Disney store. Thinking we will wear these on our way down.

There are more coming, maybe YOU can help us decided what to keep and what to save for our fall trip. I ordered 2 other designs from etsy, a rhinestone Minnie and a glitter Mickey with our names cut out of the middle.

I can't decide it I discovered this because I am a genius or total nut case......

I have 3 sunscreeens, all in 3 oz bottles, however the bottles they are in are still kinda big for my fanny pack, so I thought about putting some in smaller containers. It worked, but the smaller containers were still TOO big for my fanny pack. As I go start getting little things packed for our trip, I look at my tiny 1.8oz lotion bottles, I am thrilled to have a few of them for the flight down already in a small container, and just the lotion I use......

WAIT!!!!! That is the PERFECT size for my sunscreen, oh man, I wish they made my sunscreen in that size.....

WAIT....I can dump the lotion into my larger container and put my sunscreen into this smaller container.

GENIUS!!!!!

Here is the larger original container.

and this is the smaller container, I will use.

:lmao: I would have ditched the sunscreen.

Nice shirts.

I too prefer the fanny pack. Hate to carry anything. DD usually wears a backpack. way to heavy and hindering. Love your report so far!

So where was I, when I was interrupted so rudely......by LIFE??????

Oh, Yeah. Park planning days

First run of days, based on crowd calendars.....

Sunday 16th - arrive in Orlando 9:30am - First park around noon.

Epcot for lunch, Test Track, Sum of all thrills, Figment ride. Then head ove to Hollywood Studios.

Monday 17th - Rope Drop at Animal Kingdom, then head back to Epcot

Tuesday 18th - Rope Drop at Magic Kingdom then afternoon at Hollywood Studios

Wednesday 19th - Rope Drop at Magic Kingdom then break then back to Magic Kingdom

Thursday 20th - Rope Drop at Epcot then close Animal Kingdom

Friday 21st - Rope Drop at Hollywood Studios till 3 then get ready to head home on 7:30 flight

But WAIT....Pirates is going to be closed from the 17-21st and we have not seen the creepy mermaids.....Change of plans.

Sunday 16th - Magic Kingdom - Hollywood Studios
Monday 17th - Epcot all day
Tuesday 18th - Magic Kingdom - Hollywood Studios
Wednesday 19th - Magic Kingdom - Epcot
Thursday 20th - Animal Kingdom
Friday 21st - Hollywood Studios

WAIT!!!!! They changed the closing dates for Pirates - Back to the original plans.

I guess we will see what the plan REALLY becomes when we get there.​

And I have made another shirt. I found this on etsy...I LOVE to sparkle.

AND - I changed the name a little.....Cre Cre has been calling this The Cupcake Tour, she named it this because of the cupcake shirt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter