~The Daily Grind~ 9/2/10

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.” ~ flylady
"you can do anything for 15 minutes!" ~ flylady

~The Daily Grind~ 9/2/10

It's The Day Before Friday!! :cool1:

I'm off now till next week. Headed to the beach. I was hoping my new phone would come in before I leave... sigh... When it (finally) comes in, anyone that likes scrabble and has an iPhone, we need to talk :lmao:

My list for today:

Caffeinate...This repeats everyday
smiley_mornincoffee.gif

Feed Pups

DIS/FB :surfweb:

Make cole slaw

Pack for beach

10a- Take the Chocolate furbaby to the vet...she has been limping, and needs a booster or 2

Head to the beach

Cross your fingers Hurricale Earl doesn't ruin my vaca!

Have a Great Day everyone!!

Deb enjoy the beach! I will hope Earl stays away!

Thursday

DD up, dressed, fed, animals fed
Off to bus
Little one has Little Gym
PU drycleaning
Grocery Store
Riding lessons at 4
Dinner??
Pack for weekend at cabin

Call - bank, air conditioner people, barn manufacturer

Good Morning, Ladies :)

Dust and prayers for my 3 friends with cancer, my abandoned friend, and now my nephew in law dx yesterday with lymphoma. WHEN is it going to stop????

Up - too darned early.
computer time
gym
co-op
breakfast
phone calls
clean bathrooms
lunch
stamping
prepare dinner
dinner
stamping
bed.

Hope you gals have fun at the beach / cabin.

Happy day, all!

Good morning! It's my favorite day of the week, and even better this week because it's my "Friday"! At 3 o'clock today, I'm off for 4 days!! So excited!!

Linda, pixie dust and prayers for all of your friends!
Deb, hope the Chocolate one is ok! Enjoy the beach!
TRM, have fun at the cabin!!

Here's my list for today:

1. Up
2. Caffeinate
3. Pack lunches
4. Make cabin list

5. DS's stuff together
6. Get bday giftie for work
7. Fix page I worked on last night
8. DS up
9. DS to mom's
10. Work--stare at clock to make it move faster!! :rotfl2:
11. Pick up DS
12. Last minute packing
13. OFF TO CABIN!!!
14. McD's for dinner and relax, relax, relax!!

Have a great day, everyone!!

morning all

safe travels for those going places and have a wonderful time

L's math teacer got back to me with a ton of info that I propbably wasn't to know about, Lets just say they don't know his IEP at all! They haven't had their team meeting:confused3 ummm shouldn't those happen in the days leading up to school? and yes I realize there was a HUGE shake up in the spec ed department but I would have thought that the kids would be more important. I think what sent me over the edge was that they put him on a team that wasn't wired for the lightspeed. only 1 of his teachers has it. Granted his hearing loss isn't all that bad, what about the poor kids that is. Needless to say I slept very little last night and what I did doze i was in the recliner. His lab teacher still has NOT emailed me back and this is after Levi told him I has some questions could he please look at his email. I'm calling the school this am and leaving a message with the sec. If no email this pm I'm headed to the assistant principal. I know he's evading me because of them not having their meeting sorry that doesn't cut it. I'm now livid with this whole thing. Sorry for the vent. oh yeah the math teacher was great she is pulling his IEP and will be reading it on her own this weekend if the meeting doesn't happen before then. She has also promised to meet with him when ever she can to work on his homework.

so my day will be
get ready
boys up and out to bus
call school on way to work
try not to stew all day long
crawl home and nap
get boys from bus
school cook out for E (I'd hoped to skip it he want's to go)
Home to bed

have a great day all

Christy--I'm so sorry!! I'm glad that the math teacher is working with you and sounds like she's really on it since she found out. I hope everything works out with the other one. :hug:

Deb, have a fantastic time at the beach!
Linda, pixiedust for your friends.
Christy, I'm glad the math teacher is working with you. I hope the rest of them get it together and do what they should be doing.

WDWMickey, congrats to your DD on getting a callback!!!:thumbsup2

My DS had his callback audition yesterday. It was him and one other guy for the lead. They had to read the parts with 3 different girls to see how the chemistry was between them for the romance in the play. DS thinks the part is his, but he won't know for sure until today or tomorrow.

My day:
DS up and off to school
Work
Library
Bank
Grocery Store
Wait very impatiently to see if DS finds out about the part
Laundry
Scrap

Have an awesome day everyone!

Pixie Dust that your son has the right chemistry Stephanie.

I'm glad at least one teacher is taking this seriously Christy. Maybe she will light the fire under the rest.

Clean top of kitchen cabinets [I really dislike this job]
Clean counters
Wash floor
Vacuum
Figure out dinner
Get kiddo from school
Homework
Dinner
Soccer practice
Rest

Thanks ladies

I've sent an email to the school secretary asking her who is now the head and asking her to remind Neal to answer me. I'm not above going in there tomorrow after work.

off to the bus

My goodness, Christy, what are they dragging their feet for?! I'm sorry you're going through this.

Pixie Dust all around! :wizard: Good luck to AndrewNo and congrats to Rachel!

Thursday - M's off to school and I'm working on my list. She got an "expectations" list from her social studies teacher (who I think is young enough to be my son, but I digress), on what is expected from them this year. Yada yada yada, tests, quizzes, etc., etc. and (I'm paraphrasing here) "they are expected to bring certain items to class each day (listed in the 5 Blue Handbook)." Um, hello? Can't you just freakin' tell me what those items are in THIS handout? Or, can you give me a copy of the 5 Blue Handbook so I can freakin' refer to it? Really? :rolleyes: Maybe I just expect too much by asking people to think.

Any ideas for Sophie's first flight page? I'm thinking "Earning My Wings". What do you think?

Princess M up, dressed, fed, make lunch, drop off at school
Get milk
Fold sheets from Tuesday
Sort laundry
Bills
1 set of cards for swap

Laundry - in progress
Put lasagna in crock pot
Dishes
Cut DCL Logo for gift
Sophie's first flight page

Hugs page
Lunch
Laundry - Last load just needs to be folded
Pick up from school
Homework

Dinner
Dishes
Girl Scout meeting? Not going, someone else can do this month.

Good day, my friends!

Christy- Hope you get satisfaction! At least you know you have 1 teacher on the program!

PD for AndrewNo! How cool :thumbsup2

PD for your friends Linda!

Good news from my house ...

DS18 called me to say he got a 100 on his first math test in college. I could tell he was thrilled! I asked him if he thought it was too easy for him, and he said the review is good, it's stuff he hasn't seen since junior high, and 9th grade... Now if he could just get a job :lmao:

DS22 was accepted into the study abroad program in California. Which is great, except it might not be help for some reason. But if they go, he will be going too...

Good morning!

PD for your friends Linda.
Good luck Stephanie's DS.
Christy-hope they get things straightened out.
Have fun everyone who's going away this weekend!

Tonight is my DS14's first high school football game!:cheer2: Wow-where has the time gone?!? He's so excited!! I'm watching the first half, then I have to leave early to do a pep rally for DS8's team-he's playing the hardest team of the season this Saturday. Then I'll try to get back to DS14 before the game's over...thank goodness DS5 doesn't have anywhere he has to be!

Hope everyone has a great day!:)

Good Morning!

PD & P for Linda's friend, Princess Blink, and BAMB
Good Luck to Andrew
Enjoy the Beach Deb
Christy- at least the math teacher is on top of things- hopefully the rest of them will get onboard quickly too

Today:
Bible study
Breakfast out
water aerobics
final character letter
bag and tag character
find out where to get cards printed
order cards
kitchen
laundry room cabinets cleanout
go through organized Christmas and print out lists and get started on the stuff
zumba class at church
dinner- pork chops
call about children's message for tomorrow
work on circle journals

Rebecca

WDWMickey--congrats to Rachel on her callback! I forgot to mention that earlier!

DIT--good luck to AndrewNO!!

AWM--tops of kitchen cabinets! WOW!! Go, girl!!

MM2000--I was cracking up at the Social Studies thing! Makes me think of "Office Space"!

Deb--congrats to your DSs!!

Rebecca--Christmas? you are on the ball!!

DB--good luck to your son in his ballgame!!

Have a great day, everyone!!

DIT--pixie dust to DS
MM2000--I feel your pain (I hated the transition to middle school)
AWM--want to come & clean mine too? ;)
Christy--pixie dust that all of the teachers come around
Deb-yay for your boys & have fun at the beach

P & PD for anyone I missed

Rachel says thanks for the good thoughts--more "cold reads" today, they won't find out about who is getting parts until Tuesday????? really Tuesday it's high school how much can there be for them to decide? Rachel has been "cold reading" for the same part since Tuesday, she has read with several other kids reading other parts. I think the may "cold read" through the first act by the time call-backs are finished today ;)

Black & white fur baby peed in my bed and then woke me at 3:30 (ugh), she may be banished from our bed now ;)

Laundry (obviously)
Clean upstairs
Dishes
Walking
Finish 50th anniversary page--anyone have a title idea that isn't lovey dovey? Leaning toward "celebrating 50" cut from gold paper
Finish paper piecing
Dinner--????

Have a great day!

PD to everyone in need:goodvibes
Hope everyone travelling this weekend stays safe and has a bunch of fun :banana:
:goodvibes to all the kiddos in school

our day:

:surfweb:

not to much happening

go to bank
go to PO
clear off my desk and file paperwork
maybe go look for a new light in dining room

DD back to school night...meet & great with teacher, see her classroom.

Have a great Thursday :flower3:

Linda, PD to all your friends with cancer. :sad1:
Deb, here's hoping Earl doesn't pay you a visit.
TRM and SIOH, have a great time at your cabins.
DIT and WDWMickey, the directors are crazy if they don't pick the kids.
Christy, call the the school, demand a PPT. Don't even bother going up the chain of command. There is an IEP in place, they must follow it. Ask school who your attorney should call, that will get their tushies moving.

My Thursday to do:

Keep an eye on the weather.
Feed cats
Continue putting laundry away
Unpack scrap suitcase. TSA hand inspected my suitcase on the way home. They opened the top of my scrapping bag that was inside the suitcase but didn't close it. Lots of tools fell out.
Work
Stop at CVS to get mom's birthday pics printed, start her album

I went with jet Setter, since the flew jetBlue, but I also like Fly Girl. What do you think?

Is the background too busy? Should I just cut a strip of that plane paper and put it on another color, probably red?

DSC_0122-2.jpg

I would use a line or 2- maybe one that is 12 by 4 inches at the bottom and another line 12 by 2 inches up a little higher of the patterned paper.- the words definately look better on the color but I love the pattern.

Rebecca

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter