~The Daily Grind~ 9/20/09

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.”
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: Before Bed Routine!
Zone of the week - Zone 4 -- The Master Bedroom

~The Daily Grind~ 9/20/09

It's Sunday!

I'm working today... again... sigh...

My List for Today:

Caffeinate
smiley_drinkcoffee.gif
This repeats every day!!

Stay on points! Yesterday had a bit of cake, along with a beef dip sammy...not so good on points...today will be better!

365 pic...

work till 3p

Dinner... :confused3

Have a Great Day!! :teeth:

it's a play day at the fair as a family so there will not be alot around here getting done.

check on the rest of stuff we entered. I know both boys got blue ribbons on their eggs and Levi got a blue on his painting. Jams, veggies, and largest zucchini and a scrapbook are unknown.
when we get home boys showered and to bed
get stuff ready for week of school.
go to bed early

Good morning!!!

Deb, I hope work isn't too bad today!
Christy--I hope the boys do great on everything! Congrats on the blue ribbons they already received!!

I was so glad to see this thread, because I actually need to do a list for tomorrow!!

1. Up at 6 or 6:30 (sleeping in)--I want a little quiet time--didn't manage this. DS is getting a cold (please let it be gone by WDW!!!), so we all slept fitfully. Hoping he'll sleep in a little longer. . .
2. Caffeinate!
3. Scrap 2 pages. That's it. Just starting with a small goal!
4. DS up
5. DS breakfast
6. Make sausage balls for my brother
7. Make cupcakes for my student aide's bday at school Monday

8. Write bday thank you to IL's
9. DS lunch
10. Fold laundry

11. Wash rest of laundry
12. Pull ironing for DH
13. Get ready
14. PF Chang's with my family for belated bday celebration!!!!!!! WOOHOO!!!
15. Watch Emmy's and root for Jim Parsons to win for Big Bang Theory!!

Everyone have a wonderful Sunday!!

I know both boys got blue ribbons on their eggs and Levi got a blue on his painting.

That is terrific!!!!! :thumbsup2

My to do today:

Mt Washmore
find DD's notebook
Go to Home Depot to buy flooring for DD's room
Dinner - Broccoli and Beef Stir Fry

To Do:
Homework!!!!!!!
Swap Stuff!!!!!!!
Walk dog. :dog:
Do laundry so I have stuff to wear to school.

Short list, but it will take foreverrrrr..

morning!
it's 5:15 and i've been up for 2hrs coughing! UGH!

i have a zillion things on my list and i don't feel like doing any of them.

go get paint at lowes.
finish laundry
menu for the week
iron outfits for the week
laminate card for dh.
thank you card for nice couple @ work.
birthday card for dear friend
update calendar for the week with what's what
love to make chicken soup!

i can't even think of what's on the list i made yesterday while i was having my hair done. i'm such a list maker. maybe i should do some of the stuff on the list and i would not need so many lists!

Deb-working again? that stinks! do you do every other weekend?
Christy-have so much fun at the fair. Congrats on the blue ribbons!
Lisa-are you re-doing you dd's room? what color?
ZTH- i love to read your list!!!!
Brooke- i'm so doing #15 on your list!! have a great family time today!

ok so i'm up. i should probably fold a load of towels that are in the dryer.

Christy, congratulations on your DS's blue ribbons!!! That's awesome. I hope they win bunches more!

Holly, I hope you get to feeling better.

I think I deserve a blue ribbon for yesterday!!!:rotfl: I spent the day in Ocala sitting in my MIL's hospital room. She had surgery on Wednesday and she's doing great, but doesn't like to be left alone so someone always has to be with her. My SIL (lives with my MIL) had to work yesterday and DS & DH had to work on an eagle project so I got nominated. That was the most boring day. I did absolutely nothing except sit and watch her sleep most of the time and I got to drive 2 1/2 hours each way to do it! They were hoping she'd go home yesterday, but doc said maybe today. I've told DH that he owes me big time!!!!!:goodvibes

Today:
Open everyday swap boxes that arrived yesterday
Take photos of groups in those boxes & update slideshow
Put dinner in crockpot
Get DH to clean out dryer vent so that I can do laundry
Do laundry
Type up groups for upcoming swaps I'm hostessing and post interest threads
Clean up kitchen from DH & DS being left alone too long yesterday
Finish updating my info on Michael's employee site since I start work tomorrow.
Scrap

Have a great day everyone!

We slept in this morning! Didn't get up until after 7:00. It was nice. Of course, it was freezing in my house, so we all just wanted to stay under the blankets. Had to turn the heat on to take off the chill...Figures, still 10 days to go to my goal and I didn't make it. Ah well.

DH and M are going to the town park with BIL to play tennis. M's just going to watch, I'm sure she'll be bored to death, but whatever ;)

I need to clean my kitchen and I should vac. My vac is not working right, and we need a new one, but I hate to think of it right now. Oh, my check engine light came on yesterday :scared1: OMG, are you kidding me? When it rains it pours!

Maybe I can get some scrapping done while I'm home alone. Yeah, I'll probably camp out on the couch with my book (can't wait to finish!).

Holl, is it the end of the cold coughing up icky gross stuff? If so, I guess that's good, maybe it's almost gone. One of my sis's has pneumonia. Her second time in less than a year. Not good.

Hope everyone has a good day.

DIT - you got the job? Did I miss this? Congratulations!

When did you find out? (I guess I was out of the loop...)

We're home from cub scout camping....so, unpacking is on the list for today! We're going to see my grandpa, who just got home from the hospital, and DH has family in to visit this evening.

Popcorn Blitz was really fun, especially for the boys. (I don't think they were trying to entertain me, lol). They had archery, slingshots, bb gun range, row boats you could take out on the lake (large pond?), a 10-Commandment hike, and it was held at a replica of a Fort that was attacked during one of the wars, which was really cool in itself. After the day stuff was over, we all put up our tents and cooked dinner, then had a campfire and Flag Retirement ceremony; DH attempted to give his astronomy lesson (for lack of a better term), but it got cloudy about the time they were starting.

I survived my first scout campout! I've always found a reason to stay home when DH & DS have gone before; but this one was only 10 minutes from home, so I decided to try it. We're going again next month for Family Camp.....

Steph

DIT - you got the job? Did I miss this? Congratulations!

When did you find out? (I guess I was out of the loop...)

Thanks ZTH! I was hired at my interview. I guess that was the Friday before this past Friday. I had orientation this past Friday and my first day will be tomorrow.

Stephanie, you definitely deserve a reward for sitting with your MIL. I am sure even though she slept most of the day, she did appreciate your presence (whether she said so or not). Good luck tomorrow for the first day on the new job.

Holly, you poor thing, I hope you get rid of that cough. Ignore most of your to do list and rest!

Jennifer, not the check engine light.:scared1: That is going to be an expense.

BigBabyBlue, good for you for surviving Cub Scout Camp. Not sure I could have.:eek:

DH and I decided not to do the flooring into DD's room. We are going to stink with the oak laminate in the guest room and hall way. I am concerned that DD is just too tough on her flooring for the laminate to stand up to that. Downstairs we have hardwood in the dining room and living room. First time for us using laminate but we figured it would be fine in the guest room

I'm very afraid of the check engine light! It's never come on before and it made me really anxious. Of course, my BIL said his has been on for 30,000 miles, so don't worry about it.:eek:

Try not to get too worried about it, Jennifer. Some manufacturers put it in to use as a mechanism to get people to bring the car in for service, whether it needs it or not. :confused3

My check engine went on today too. I think it's the routine maintenance one. What I did is read in the manual how to shut it off. If it's the routine maintenance it wont come back on... I'm close to 80,000. If it's a prob, it will come back on tomorrow right?

Is it a yellow light or a red light MM? DH told me the red ones are the ones that need looked at right away, if that helps any. The yellow engine light flashes in my van when it wants the oil changed.

Here's hoping it's easy!

Steph

Jennifer-mine comes on for a couple reasons. sometimes its something's wrong and sometimes not. mine was on a couple of weeks ago and it was the evap hose. (see i'm listening when he talks!!)
mine came on when we were driving home from sesame street place one time and we drove like that all the way home. :drive:

MM~ have them check it out when you can... sooner the better.. mine came on..and it was something w/ an emission thingy... cost us about 300 to fix... which is alot of $$ I know... :hug:

DH called the mechanic this am, he has an appt tomorrow to have it checked, but said that there are two lights, one red, one orange. It's the orange one that came on, so I should be fine driving it to and from work today and then to him. Of course, it's just always something! I finally feel like we can start to get ahead and wham! Something else comes up...When it rains, it pours :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter