~The Daily Grind~ 9/21/10

Deep down, I do understand, but it seems there could have been a better way to handle it. Luckily, another woman was there collecting CORI forms from our parents and pretty much witnessed the whole thing, she wasn't pleased (and she's a lot higher up than I am in GS). I said right to her "I can't control the parents..."

He should have known better yes but there is always a time and a place. When we did scouts I always had the talk with the parents about behavior expected out of both parties cause I ended up with alot of those ones.:rolleyes1
Hang in there it's no fun

Db, sorry to hear your BIL took a turn for the worst. :hug:

I'm thinking I need to start watching Glee!! :rotfl:

Not too much going on here today, BIL took a turn for the worse last night and DH & his GF took him back to the hospital last night. PET scan and MRI today-hoping for some good news.

Linda, safe travels.

My Tuesday to do:

Feed cats
clean stinky pete boxes
clean kitchen
get DD up and ready for school
fold a load of laundry, throw a load into the wash, then into the dryer
Work
caffeinate (I fell asleep last night before putting my cpap machine on, boy do I notice a difference, no quality sleep last night for me. Need some help to stay awake today, a big pumpkin spice coffee from DD just might do the trick
Go back to the nice consignment store and pick up the brand new Wilderness Lodge frame they had. :)
Order folding tables for MomE's scrapping room
Dinner - scallops and green beans
stop for gas in the van
Look to see who has Halloween Carvings cart for the best price

Jennifer~ That was a much better way to handle it.. but as the Director she could have asked him to leave (wait outside) when he got verbal and/or continued the rough housing in a public place.. He's an adult he should know how to behave and set the example for the youth! But it's not like you can control what is happening upstairs when you are handling the meeting downstairs.... ERGH!! Sorry!!!

Hello again.

Yes, Christy, by 6:04 I was back to sleep and then dh got up Grrrrrrrrrr.

Trip has gone pretty well so far

German dinner at cousins was a success.

Hotel in Sevierville was right by the Bass Pro and a wonderful restaurant and only 8 miles from a very large scrapbook store. Left dh watching football and went out shoppin g ALONE. Bought a nice big cutting mat and a bunch of Kaisercraft (australian) wood things including a big tree shaped Christmas card holder. They had a ton of paper and stickers but not much basic grey.

Then we scored the best table in the Chop shop or whatever it's called restaurant - right in front of the kitchen. I love watching the dance of a well run kitchen! and the food was seriously good, too.

We drove up to the top of Lookout mountain to Rock City - that was fun too. Except for the looking down.

Made it to Rome, GA - little kids are crazy - love them to bits. Their parents have done well in the 16 years since they left NY. Gorgeous house. Been sightseeing. Today, I parted with about half a pound of hair. That was a traumatic experience. lol. tomorrow we're on the road again.

Thanks for the well wishes. I hope they get us home safe and sound :)

Linda so glad you are having a good trip!!

DB - hoping DBIL is doing a bit better today.

I am up late can't sleep. All wound up after Parents Club Meeting. I offered to help coordinate fundraising for the year. Seriously a nearsighted group. IDK - why does it have to be adversarial?

Oh well I tried. I know why the same 7 people do all of the work. And really let everyone else know about it.:rolleyes:

Don't know if I should go talk to the principal or not and just leave Parents Club out of it. Just seems fundraising should be set and on a calendar and mostly the same every year unless something really doesn't work. Doesn't seem that hard especially with school as small as ours.:confused3 Am I missing something?

What kind of fundraising works best where you are??

OK going to try and get some sleep.

I'm off today. It's chilly in New England and I'm attempting to not turn the heat on, but I have a feeling it won't last much longer.

:scared1:

This made me burst out laughing. :rotfl: It was a balmy 92 today. Though I will probably put on a sweater when it gets to a chilly morning low of 62 later this week.

We don't even think the word heater until November at the earliest.

What kind of fundraising works best where you are??

OK going to try and get some sleep.

Our one and only fundraiser every year is a walk-a-thon. It is a huge school wide event. We usually raise around $25,000 at a school with less than 500 students. They have community sponsors that donate T-shirts for every kid and prizes for the kids based on the amount they raise. They also get best buy to donate really cool prizes for the top 10 fundraisers.

Best of luck in whatever ya'll decide.

Thanks for the well wishes for my BIL-went to the hospital to see him tonight and he looks so much better-amazing what a little IV fluids and anti-nausea medicine will do. He got his port put in for the chemo, should be starting that soon.

Linda-sounds like you're having a great trip...love the Pigeon Forge/Sevierville area. We're about 1 1/2 hours away from Rome in the 'burbs of Atlanta.

:scared1:

This made me burst out laughing. :rotfl: It was a balmy 92 today. Though I will probably put on a sweater when it gets to a chilly morning low of 62 later this week.

We don't even think the word heater until November at the earliest.

It was 87 when I left work yesterday at 4:30. :rolleyes: Supposed to be in the 80s and humid tomorrow, so I may actually make it to October 1st ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter