~The Daily Grind~ 9/22/09

Morning all! I should reallly DIS before I FB - I could be here earlier!!

DD9 is home from school again today but I am prepared for it - so will be more organized today.:lmao:I crack myself up!
:lmao: You are cracking me up! I hope she feels better! Oh, and don't feel bad, I usually check FB before I DIS too.:rolleyes:

NO girls.. it's DIS than FB... but than again, I only check FB to see what my kids have been up to... so sometimes I go a week w/o being on there! LOL
I do have a friend who is my kids' friends and she rats them or calls them out (privately) if the need arises! (The friend is the mom to the kids I babysit!)

Jeez, you guys go on there more than I do!!!!

I go on to reply to messages I get from school (the only reason I really have it), and to tend to my Farm (although I've been slacking).

NO girls.. it's DIS than FB... but than again, I only check FB to see what my kids have been up to... so sometimes I go a week w/o being on there! LOL
I do have a friend who is my kids' friends and she rats them or calls them out (privately) if the need arises! (The friend is the mom to the kids I babysit!)

I love friends like that!!:woohoo:

PN~ I have a friend who checks on my DS too on FB. She's closer to his age and when we were going thru a rough patch in the family she told me that if I neede to know something she would let me know. My kids want me to get a FB but Im on sure.

Aroyer~ For 7 of the 8 years Ive been a leader its been very well worth it.
Two things, make sure its something you want to do and if it is try to get a good asst leader, someone who understands you is sometimes better than understanding the girls. My asst and I didnt even know each other and now I wouldnt do it without her!

ZTH~ Ive been told by others to make sure I take at least 5 minutes for myself and zone up because the camp we are going to is beautiful and the place to do that. I enjoy encampment but this year its just been one thing after another! Not sure if we will be in charge again next year!

Aroyer~ For 7 of the 8 years Ive been a leader its been very well worth it.
Two things, make sure its something you want to do and if it is try to get a good asst leader, someone who understands you is sometimes better than understanding the girls. My asst and I didnt even know each other and now I wouldnt do it without her!
Thanks for the advice! I think it would be fun to do with DD. We need something that the two of us can do together. I'm trying to make sure that I make the best decision possible for DD, our family and the troop.

I love being a GS leader. I got into it because there wasn't anyone to lead the Daisy troop. I'm glad I've done it, but it is a lot of work. There are three of us leading, and we all work well together. Girl Scouts tends to make things difficult, so be prepared to do a lot of trainings which seem unnecessary.

I am a little nervous because as of right now, it would be just me. I was approached to be leader of this new troop because no one else has stepped forward. DD really wants to be in Girl Scouts again and this may be the only way. I would only have 4-6 girls for now.

Ok, my plans changed yet again.. DD's friend who thought she had a tie dye shirt for DD to borrow.. did not.. so I had to run out and get supplies and a shirt to tie dye.. It's currently on the soaking for 6 hours... do the wash and dry and it'll be good to go for tomorrow!

4-6 is doable. As soon as you have some knowledge of the other moms, you could approach one of them as a co-leader. It helps just to have someone to bounce ideas off of ;)

Laundry's almost done. I got 9 stamp sets mounted. Oy, I'm a complete slacker and since I have to order again this month, I realllly need to get caught up and start using what I've got!

Dunno what we're having for dinner. Subway is sounding like a good idea though.

The new steam mop came today...so far I really like it!

The new steam mop came today...so far I really like it!

I wondered if yours came in yet - I thought of you today when I tossed one of the terry covers for mine into the washer - grungy again!

Hope you like it (ooohhhh...the pressure!) as much as we like ours.

It's sad - my "first HSN purchase" coupon code got used...not for jewelry or some other lovely extravagance...but for a mop. I *must* get a life! :sad2:

Yes, I really like it. I read reviews at Walmart, and HSN, and some people were having streaks and puddles, but mine is working great. It was ready to go in less than 30sec. DS17 said the floors feel really nice on his feet, so it's not leaving anything sticky. So far I've done the vinyl flooring in the mudroom, and the kitchen tile. Tomorrow I'm doing the bathrooms...

Lisa--where is this coffee coming from?? Starbucks?? Dunkin?? I think I'm going to go find it!!

It is being sold at the cafe in our office building. Talk about convenient. I believe the manufacturer is Baronet. I tried buying some last year, but the manager wasn't going for that. I will have to see if Baronet has a wholesale/retail store around. I just may have to stock up after the pumpkin season.

Ok, give me an opinion here, my lovely Disney friends!! You know we are going next week--WOOHOO!!! DS is 13 months old (will be 14 months next Thurs) and rides pretty well in the car. The original plan was to leave at 2 a.m. on Friday morning and drive, letting him sleep until about 7 or 8, stopping for breakfast and keep going--stopping to let DS play here or there and just get out of the car.

Now, I'm wondering if it would be better to drive Thursday afternoon from about 4 'til about 9:30 (again, stopping as needed), stop somewhere and spend the night, and then get up Friday morning about 7 or so and drive the rest of the way.

What do y'all think??

Normally I would ask are you morning people or night people? but knowing you are going to Disney the next day, I doubt you are going to get much sleep the night before (too excited to sleep) so based on that I would recommend driving some then spending the night somewhere, HOWEVER, if you get up early in the day, have a full day, then drive for a bit, should SIOB sleep while you are driving, will he be bright eyed and bushy tailed when you stop for the night.

Jeez, you guys go on there more than I do!!!!

Are you saying you have a Facebook account but haven't asked me to be your friend? :scared1::snooty: stomp, stomp, stomp

I wondered if yours came in yet - I thought of you today when I tossed one of the terry covers for mine into the washer - grungy again!

Hope you like it (ooohhhh...the pressure!) as much as we like ours.

It's sad - my "first HSN purchase" coupon code got used...not for jewelry or some other lovely extravagance...but for a mop. I *must* get a life! :sad2:

I must have the same sad life because I was thinking how awesome that mop sounded. :rotfl2:

We did not go horseback riding. Got a call from DD's school, there is a stomach bug going around, DD seems a bit off and she has a 99.3 temp. 99.3 is a temp?:confused3 I decided to be a horribly mother and give up my mother of the year nomination and leave her at school, though I did opt out of riding tonight. She is going away this weekend and I really don't want her to be sick, or worse, miss going away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!