~The Daily Grind~ 9/3/09

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.”
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: :confused3

~The Daily Grind~ 9/3/09

It's the Day Before Friday!! And it's a holiday weekend!! I'm off on Friday and Monday, so I'm going to the beach
TanningSmiley.jpg

My List for Today:

Caffeinate
smiley_drinkcoffee.gif
This repeats every day!!

Work till 3p

365 pic

Pack for the beach

not-tagged-smiley-10774.gif
Drive to the beach, if I feel OK. Been feeling not so good, but the cooler weather seems to be helping!

Dinner... subs with Dh, if I go to the beach :)

Have a Great Day everyone!!! And a GREAT Holiday Weekend!! :teeth:

It's Thursday already? I've been in a daze all week.

My to do list:

Make the bed
Put laundry away
Throw a load of laundry in the wash, one into the dryer
Get DD up and ready for school.
Caffeinate
Work
Watch Project Runway

It's THURSDAY!!!!! Woohoo!!! I'm off tomorrow, too (it's an inservice day for us, but Mom has an appt so I'm off with DS!!)! Long weekend, here I come!!!

Y'all will understand this--can I just tell you how (sadly) exciting it was to me to see that my ticker doesn't say "x months" any more? I mean 4 weeks and 1 day isn't much closer that 1 month, but it's all in the wording!! ;)

Deb, have a blast at the beach!!

I really, really need to hit it today. The past two days, I've felt like I got nothing done!

1. Up
2. Caffeinate

3. Get cards for work
4. DS up
5. DS to Mom's
6. Work--get through the to-do list!!!!
7. Pick DS up

8. Fold laundry
9. Wash load of towels & bibs--MUST DO THIS!!!
10. Pick up my brother & SIL @ the airport
11. Go to UT to take pics? Maybe. . .
12. Pack for cabin for this weekend!!!
13. Put pics in P365 album
14. Make plan for tomorrow
15. Go to sleep sort of early!!

Everyone have a wonderful Thursday!!

Debbie, have a fun weekend at the beach!
SIOH, I totally agree with you on 4 weeks on the ticker sounds so much closer than 1 month. That trip will be here soon!!!

I'm so sleepy. I picked DH up a the airport at midnight and got home at 12:30 and then up at 5:30 to get things moving this morning. I need more sleep!!! I think a nap will be on the schedule for today.

My list:
Make DH's lunch
Fill out school photo form and write a check for DS (it's picture day!)
Make copy of DS's last report report card for GPA proof for drama teacher
Get DS up and off to school

Take a nap! - I tried but couldn't fall asleep so I got up and shopped at Scrap Your Trip instead and placed a nice order!!!!!
Laundry

Pick up photos at Walgreens (photos for cj & Chicago photos)
Go grocery shopping
Work on cj's
Work on swaps
Wait impatiently for DS to let me know how callback auditions went
Go to bed early!

Have a great day everyone!

morning ladies.

well it's bubba's first day of 2nd grade. how in the world did that happen??:goodvibes
i am going to need all the positive energy you guys can spare today. mom would have already been here with donuts waiting for him to get up. i sooo miss her right now. my hearts breakin' and i have to put on a happy face for him. how am i going to do it?? i've been up most of the night crying. oh boy. i found last years pics yesterday and she was sitting on our front wall holding his hand waiting for the bus. how is it possible that only 10 short months later she's gone?? why her? see i can't make it. i'm such a mess. :sad:

here's my list....

ds, up, dressed, breakfast, pics (and a ton of them), bus
go to school and see him get off the bus and go to class w/him.
wait for morning announcements, then they kick you out!
work
dep $ into c.u. -leftover from yesterday
pay bills -leftover from yesterday
prep supper (i should be doing this now!)
try to make it through the day.
put cookies in the oven while i await the afternoon bus!
try to upload pic of ds to email to friend;)
have a great day everyone!

deb-enjoy the beach!
sioh-4 weeks will go by in a flash!
dit-have a nappy for me!
lisa- yup thursday. i've been in that same daze!

Holly, I hope Bubba has an awesome first day of 2nd grade. You hang in there.:hug: Your Mom is there with you and watching it all and proud of how great a mom you are to Bubba.

i hope so Stephanie. i really do. i feel like i can never be the mother to him that she was to me. she just did it all. and did it for everyone. my sisters, my nieces, my nephew, bubba...everyone. she never forgot anyone.
my heart is just so broken right now. i know i sound like a broken record, it just hurts so bad some days. i just really wish i could hear her voice right now. :angel:

Mornin'!
Debbie, hope you are up to making the trip to the beach today! :flower3:
SIOH, did you get the memo that you must txt me daily and send photos of my nephew on all his "firsts"... (man, it might be easier if I just go w/ you!)
PO3 & Bubba, good luck today!!! Show them what a star you are!!! Keep your chin up Holls, mom is with you.. she is right there holding Bubba's hand!!!
DIT~ Good luck to DS..but why does the drama teacher need to know his GPA? If X GPA isn't met they aren't allowed to participate? *just curious*

Last night:
X called.. DsS15 tried to tell her how things were going to be... DH had to go over and reiterate to him w/ her how things were REALLY going to be... DH went as far as calling 2of the assistant coaches to make them aware of the brace and how he has to wear it 23 hours and that if he doesn't have it on, they need a phone call b/c he won't be playing! I told DH DsS is gonna push the envelope that both of them better be able to adhere to the consequences they laid out! I know I will..but that is just because I'm more of the disciplinarian around here anyway... Anyway, problems started 8 hours into the brace being available.. DH had given it 24.. I had given it 12! LOL

I also set up a cleaning schedule that all members will abide by along w/ the "morning routine and getting your $$$ out of bed speech".. everyone was receptive because I told them if I continue to do it myself that I will be going to disney world as my reward ALONE! NO kids and NO DH! My schedule will allow me to scrap 2 hours a day and on some days I can scrap 4 hours!!!

Today:
up
bed made
fluff and fold/put away last load of laundry
load & run dishwasher
make lunches
Ds8 up, morning routine
elem kids on bus
older kids up, morning routine
ck email/dis

older kids on bus
1 hour nap (because I can today)
empty dishwasher
pack Suzanne's paper piecings up to mail on Friday
finish challenge 27 and post photo
explain to DS13 to he needs to ask before the day of events (VB game @ MS)..
chore for day: Clean basement/scrap area
template Toontown elements
pull papers and kit pages from Disney 2008
pull papers and elements for Disney 2004 about 8 pages from being complete
pull papers and elements to kit PJ's XC and Scott's FB photos from this year
dinner in crockpot (creamy italian chicken)
pick up kdg. child
grocery (need bottled water for XC competition this weekend)
elem homework duty
MS homework duty
pick up PJ from XC
Drop off DS13 to VB game
Take DS8 to fb practice
DH will swap w/ me @ FB practice
finish dinner
pick up DS13 from VB game
make sure kids' room are cleaned as they were responsible for that last night
make point system for kids' chores
make list of gift certs. to be bought for Christmas gifts (buying 1 each check)
await phone call for DH to go deal w/ DsS15 again

I'm off today too, but I have to work tomorrow (but not Monday), PrincessM has Friday and Monday off, as does DH, they'll have fun together tomorrow.

She's off to school and I'm going to Super Walmart to do a "big" shop. It's a hike, but worth the ride for the savings. I need to get myself back into the habit of cooking more and eating out less. We just can't do it and deal with the bathroom issues too.

When I get home I have to do some cleaning and then I need to make some thank you cards. I've been a slacker. Might as well get some done for the troops too.

Holly, Mom is right there with you. She knows how important it is to Bubba that she be there and I just know she is. You'll "see" her in some form or other today, really. :hug: to you and Bubbalicious!

Has anyone heard from TinkerBean? How was her trip to the GWN?

DIT, get a nap in :)

Brooke, woohooo! 4 weeks and 1 day! I'm jealous!

Nan, you go girl popcorn::

Lisa, how is Project Runway so far? Is it On Demand? I need to catch up...

Deb, ah, the beach! Enjoy!

Hope everyone has a great day!

I was there when she called my mom - I think she had a good time? I'm not sure, actually. My mom just started laughing, which may not have been good.

She has her surgery tomorrow.... I know that much.

To Do Today:
Up (getting up at 8 seems like a luxury after last week)
Into Boston for bus pass and last book for school
Student Government Meeting
Home to continue unpacking from trip

Swap stuff if I can
Bed

morning all I'm running behind

Holly I've been sending you positive thoughts and hugs all morning. Mom's there trust us, the pain is still so raw that you might have trouble seeing her, but I know she'd never leave you and Bubba on the first day (or any day for that matter). My MIL told an "aunt" when asked how we'd know she was there and her reply was you know those little shivers running up your spine that will be me hugging you. Holly I haven't felt one in a while but for some reason today with the pain I'm feeling for you she'll be around. It was just 5 short years ago this week we got the comformation that her cancer was back and in the liver. Hang in there your mom will find a way to let you know she's there. I'm here on and off as I try to get ready to leave in 30 hours and I've got 48 worth of stuff to do!!!:sad2: Please lean on us we love you.

List is 6 miles long so I'm doing the condensed version
am routine is done along with letter to elem school for warly pick up tomorrow
mac salad is made and in fridge.
potato salad started
camper last minute things
dig out dutch ovens
put refridge food in camper
laundry last load wash/dry
hay 140 bales :headache: and three more loads to still go in today he just told me
lunch coke yummy haven't figured out the food part yetboys cloths still to camper
pick up boys have them pack their stuff
fill soap jars in camper (hoping I didn't throw them out)dinner?????
fall into bed right after the boys back is killing me and this day isn't helping it any

Everyone have a great day!!

Mornin!

Deb, I wanna go to the beach!!! Sounds like fun! I hope you are feeling well enough to go.
Lisa- I thought your list said throw away the laundry at first!:lmao:
SIOH- have fun on your days off!
DIT- I hope you get some rest.
Holly- I know Bubba will have a fantastic first day in 2nd grade! What a big boy! Hang in there, lean on us- call or text if you need to. :hug: joyah is right, we do love you.
Nan- you get 'em! 4 hours of scrappy time! Woohoo! :yay:
Morgansmom- have fun on your day off!
joyah- good luck today on your list!

coffee
coffee
DD's lunch
DD's hair
DD and DH out the door
watch Star Wars with DS;)

dressed
DS dressed
make the bed
DS's bed
load dishwasher

run dishwasher
shine the sink

swish and swipe
grocery???? ugh
research soccer shorts for DH
fold laundry
pick up DD
homework
sign DD up for Girl Scouts
dinner

Good Morning!

Holly- you and Bubba have a great irst day of school!
Joyah- you can get everything really needed done
Nancy- good for you standing up for yourself

Today:
Clean up dining and family room
Bible Study- 7am- done
work on ATC swap
dinner- ribs, beans, bisquits (company for dinner)

Rebecca

Oh wow! Need to have a Pow-wow w/ PJ tonight.. just got a email from high school..

No she isn't in trouble.. they are having the sophomores take the PSAT as well as juniors..but this year the sophomores are paid for in full by the state.. (use to be the juniors were paid for and the sophomore parents had to pay the cost)... anyway, she wanted to take it but we didn't know when it was... well, it's next month... and than we will pay for her to take it again her junior year to see her improvement. the only bad thing is we have tri-mester @ our HS...and she won't have her geometry class til the 2nd & 3rd tri-mesters so her math will be bad.. :( But at least we will know where she is and where she needs to be!.. Actually, the only core class she has currently is Biology.. this is her lush tri-mester...(the only one she will have the remainder of her HS career)

Mornin'!

DIT~ Good luck to DS..but why does the drama teacher need to know his GPA? If X GPA isn't met they aren't allowed to participate? *just curious*

That's right. If they don't have a 2.0 GPA, they can't participate. I told DS that's fine by me because if his GPA was anywhere near 2.0 he wouldn't be doing anything at all except staying home and studying anyway!!!! DS has nothing to worry about because he's really smart and in all honors and AP classes and has a wonderful GPA. But, there are a couple of kids in the program that may not get to this because they aren't putting in the effort in their schoolwork.

They also have to have at least a 3.0 GPA to audition for scholarships at the State competition in the spring.

Nancy, good luck on the brace issue with DsS. That'll be a tough one since you can't be there all the time with him.

I'm sure PJ will do great on the PSAT. Our school system paid for sophomores to take it last year. They also paid for DS to take it in his freshman year. I don't remember if it was all freshmen or just those in the honors and AP classes. I like being able to compare them and see where he needs work. I'm not sure if we have to pay for it this year or not. I know we have to pay for the SAT, but not sure about the PSAT. Information will be coming home soon on that I'm sure.

They had fun, but are *really* tired of the RV right now! Seems it got a little tight after about ten days of close company...:laughing: Foot surgery (Part deux) is tomorrow morning - fingers crossed this FINALLY relieves her pain. I'm sure she'll be back posting soon - she really misses everyone and hopes to get back scrappin' in the near future.

Glad Z2H is up and posting here again in the mornings (HA!) - it helps me keep tabs on her schedule!

I'm off today to keep working on the "Holiday Grand Plan" cleaning schedule - I do this every year (to some degree) and it really helps get the house reorganized after the summer and launching into the holiday season. (This week is front porch and planning/organization week.) If anyone wants info, it is on www.organizedhome.com. I started doing this years ago when they had a separate "organizedchristmas" web site, but now they're all rolled up together. It is sort of a cousin to the Flylady stuff...helpful to get me off my butt and back in gear now that the kids are back in school!

Morning all! West Coast checking in!!

DIT- fingers crossed for your son!

Holly - thinking of you today. I have a feeling you will be great! I also believe your Mom is find her way to let you know she is with you. Hang in there.

Nan - getting my thoughts together for PM about 4H - gotta get that rolling!

Today:

Everyone up and dressed
Coffee
Trash out
2 loads of laundry
Address and mail a few get well soon cards
check in on StepDad -
Go borrow Power Fill food for pig - don't wanna buy a huge bag when fair is next week
Call builder and r/s mtg - DH wants to meet here -
Talk to riding instructor - r/s
Begin getting ready for horse show this weekend - mental packing list
Girls haircut at 4:30
Welcome to School Night 6:30
Trash to Dumpster
Drive back up to Oakhurst to pick up DD9 retainers she left at restaurant yesterday.:headache:

I don't know what else -

Hospital lab says since we are in the computer as having insurance - even though they are out of network so coverage is null - we are not considered cash patients therefore no cash discount.:headache: I can write an "offer" letter and see if they will reduce the bill. Guess I'll add that to the list.

TRM, no problem; send the PM any time!
As for insurance... they sent it out of network..that should NOT be your responsibility since they knew what insurance you had... another one of those stupid issues..that could be resolved using common sense.. insurance X goes to lab X; private pay goes anywhere.. not that hard... (been dealing w/ the same crap here!)

DIT ~ DD has a higher GPA then her older brother! LOL My kids have to have a 3.3 or they can't participate in activities.. However, our grading scale is much harder than the 4 other schools in our county... 100-98 is an A, 97-95 A-, 94-91 is B, ... it's very irritating because while we have a much tougher scale...the kids get over looked because Joe who went to A have a 94 which is an A- while it's a B at our school.. our kids tend to get overlooked @ colleges and w/ scholarships.. :(

PJ just txted.. DsS has his brace on but is whining how we are all so mean to him... PJ told him to suck it up and be a big boy! LOL She holds no bars!

Back from the Super Walmart. Holy moly, $177 for 4 and 1/2 bags of groceries. It's highway robbery, I tell ya! It is cheaper there, but I tend to buy more because it's further away so hopefully, I won't be at the local store 3 or 4 times a week.

Had an unexpected visitor show up. Who told that evil wench that it was okay to just "drop in?" I need potato chips and chocolate. Shoot, I knew I should have gone back to Trader Joe's for sea salt brownies last week!

So much for the rest of my list. I've got a headache and I'm cranky. Going to go veg on the couch with a book and some Advil.

Please tell TinkerBean good luck for us. I'll be thinking of her!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter