~The Daily Grind~ 9/8/09

ddavis860

<font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair
t_12620988_1.jpg

“Housework done incorrectly still blesses your family.”
"You Can Do Anything for 15 Minutes!" ~ FlyLady

This month's Habit is: Before Bed Routine! I really need this one...

~The Daily Grind~ 9/8/09

It's Tuesday!

So, I had a surprise this weekend of 2 of the kids coming down for a couple of days. DsS26 brought DS17 down on Friday. :teeth: They stayed till Sunday night. It was so much fun spending time with them!

But, today coming home there was so much traffic! What usually takes me 1hr45min took 5 HOURS!!! OMG...I've never been in traffic like that before! It was terrible!! I was so glad to get home!

My List for Today:

Caffeinate
smiley_drinkcoffee.gif
This repeats every day!!

Stay on points! Ya know, I think I'm the only person that can stay on points, exercise, and GAIN WEIGHT!! SOOOO FRUSTRATING!!!

Work till 3p

365 pic

Swish and Swipe

Dust and vacuum living room

Dinner... not a clue :confused3

Have a Great Day everyone!!! :teeth

me up (this is going to be bad!!!!)
boys up
am routine for them
start washing new school cloths (gotta love the outlets)
start emptying the camper
put everything away
wash last of the dishes
return them to camper
once everything is out sweep mop get it ready to put it way for winter
finish all laundry
clean boys dressers (from last week)
clean house
sweep mop empty dishwasher
vac rugs
change out fish tank seems to have a slow leak (ARGH)
eat in there somewhere
check on Mom and Dad to see if they're home or need to do cats again
find something for dinner
get boys from buses
homework detail
get boys to bed
colapse into bed

Hope you all have a great monday.

morning everyone! (not really but play along!)

how nice was that Deb. i love nice surprises!
Christy-how was the weekend? did you have a blast!?

my list is:

ds, up, dressed, breakfast, bus (on time today)
prep supper
work
iron outfits for wed,thurs,fri
homework?
figure out dinner for wed
mail out death certs to those that are bugging me!
call oil company. i should not have a balance, but my bill said i do- UGH
post office
laundry
make beds
put one box of stuff away.(trying to clean basement out. one box at a time!)

ok that should do it for me. maybe if i print it i can cross the stuff off as i do them. maybe......

have a great tuesday everyone!

My list:

-Get kids off to school Done
-Attend my first college classes in 20+ years as I start work on my teaching degree Done
-HOMEWORK!!! DONE!!!!

Holly thanks for asking!

It was fanominal, amazing and just plain great. I'm exhusted and want to go back to bed instead I'm forcing myself to start on the huge list of unpacking.

If anyone is ever in Portland Maine you need to do that lobster cruise. Captian Tom and his staff were just the best. I'd go again tomorrow if I could.
I have over 700 pictures of the weekend to look at organize and wait for a code from walgreens. I need to get them ready to go so I can let a few family members into the walgreens act to get their copies and I forgot to even put that on the list.

I stayed up so late each night hanging out at the fire and then tried sat and sun am to get up for sunrise on the beach but never made it out of the camper till 6:30 put me abt 1/2 hour behind sunrise. One of these years I'll actually make it.
okay off to start on laundry 4 days looks like a weeks worth when the kids change in and out of cloths on a whim.

Good Morning-

Joyah- good luck with all the laundry
Kim- glad top have you back with us- good luck with your classes- if you ever need help in an education class just pm
Debbie- glad you got time with the boys
Holly- have a great day!

TYoday:
post oiffice
work on bridal shower favors
work on swaps
dinner- just me and Daniel- DH is staying in Orlando for dinner with a friend
walk- 7pm
watch tennis

Rebecca

Mornin'!

Already movin' here but not liking it!

Today:
up
make bed
lunches made
empty dishwasher
DS8 up, morning routine
make DS8's bed
DS8 to clean room before breakfast (was to be done last night)
older kids up, morning routine
elem kids on bus
get myself ready for work (working in DS8's classroom)
ck email/DIS

older kids on bus
myself to work til 9:15am

9:30 - 10:30am nap (yes, I wil set my alarm! LOL) Did NOT do!
print AK swap labels
finish Pizzafari elements
bag/tag AK swap groups

mailer ready for Stephanie ~ AK
mailer ready for Suzanne

schedule ready for Beth, early pick ups of kids
kit pages for scrapbooking on Friday
take photo of completed challenge page
post photo of completed challenge page
updated challenge thread
update AK element thread

lunch
Nate here @ 11:30am

bake brownies for celebration tonight
scrap some pages
GL @ 3pm (last 9 days.. :( :sad:)
elem homework
older kids' homework
pick up PJ @ XC practice
football practice
soccer practice
dinner
celebration dessert PJ set another personal best in her XC meet on Saturday!!!!

I'm sick. Up and down all last night. Something did not agree with me. My throat is burning! I'm going back to bed. Thank goodness I have today off.:sick:

Debbie, what a great surprise for your DS's to join you at the beach!
Christy, sounds like you had a great weekend in Maine. That's one of the places we want to go someday.
Holly, have a good day.
Kim, good luck on going back to school.
Rebecca, what are you making for the bridal shower?
Nancy, congratulations to PJ!!!
Jennifer, :hug: and I hope you feel better.

DS got a really good part in the fall play!!!!!!! :banana: He's going to be playing a 70 year old man who is a recovering alcoholic and also very absent-minded. It sounds like a really fun part and he'll enjoy it.

Auditions for the second play for this semester are finishing up today. There are 3 guy part and she has it narrowed down to 4 boys, one of which is DS. Please keep your fingers crossed that DS gets one of them.

Today:
DS up and off to school
Clean up kitchen

Laundry
Package up inchie swap and cj's
Go to po to mail above packages
Go to metal shop and give them design DH created for the set for the play at the school and see if the shop can make it
Go grocery shopping
Go to Michaels
Take DH out to lunch

Scrap
Once again I'm waiting impatiently to find out if DS got a part. This auditioning stuff is way too stressful for me!!!:lmao:

Have a wonderful day everyone!

I am so sorry you are feeling sick Jennifer- I hope you feel better soon.

Jennifer so sorry you're sick, Toms gram and aunt were down all weekend with who knows what.

Nancy I thought my list was bad I know I won't get 1/2 of it done but I'm trudge through it. Maybe I'll hide under the clean laundry for a nap. It's going to be a LOOOOOOOONG day.

Rebecca I'll need all the luck I can get I'm thinking it's going to be abt 8-10 loads.

Jennifer, sorry you are feeling bad.. REST!!!
The list sounds worse than it is! REALLY!!!
Off to school to work my shift...

Congrats to PJ on her new record- did she make the mark she was trying for?

Good luck to DIT's DS on getting a part- at least he has a good chance.

I am making little boxes with a heart closure (cut out on my carftrobo) and then I am spraying them with a silver glimmer spray(color for the shower stuff) and then embossing with birds and swirls folder- inside I am putting a few candies (probably kisses). I am cutting them from basic white cardstock.

Rebecca

Mornin! DD is a little under the weather, I'm hoping its just allergies because she is her usual spunky self.

Deb, what an awesome thing for your boys to do!
Christi, sounds like an awesome weekend!
Holly, let's take a box at a time together. We just have a few lingering boxes that I have been avoiding.
Kim, good luck today!
Nan, that is so exciting! Congrats PJ!
Jennifer, feel better!
DIT, congrats to DS and pixie dust for the next part!

coffee
coffee
dressed
DD's lunch
DD's hair
DS up

DS dressed
take DD to school
pray she stays feeling alright
make bed
swish and swipe

unload dishwasher
load dishwasher
shine the sink

unpack a box
laundry
help DS straighten room
look for earring- found!
find harp for lamp
send other soccer players info to DH
check on mom and dad
take picture of Tink's trail and gifties
declutter for 15 minutes
10 minute dusting
10 minute mirrors and pictures
10 minute sweeping
trash cans
start planning what to take this weekend
thaw something
pick up DD
homework

work in play room
dinner

Morning all!

Jennifer - I hope you get lots of sleep and feel better soon!

DIT - Congratulations on your son's part! And I hope there's a second one following soon!

My To-Do's:

-Up
-Send strongly worded email to Mock Trial Team, demanding explanation for why they went back on everything they said, giving me parts they promised they wouldn't, giving away my promised parts, and making me work with someone when neither of us can stand the other. :headache:
- Breakfast
- Get ready
- Visit work, and remind the boss that I will be coming in at 6 instead of 5 from now on, because of my classes
- Go to school, and meet all the new Honors Program students. Probably give a speech, because I'm the Treasurer. :faint:
- Go to work
- Go home to make sure boyfriend hasn't destroyed the house while he is babysitting my brother and sister.
- Get ready for the first day of my sophomore year of college tomorrow! :woohoo: (Is it over yet?)

No, PJ missed her goal by 13 seconds...for this weekend..but we gave her some slack considering it had misted about 15 minutes prior to the race so the footing was a little off for a while... but she can make her goal next weekend.... I need to get on the ball and make the kids' locker posters this week for next week..and than get a jump start on the posters for County, Conference and Sectionals (all in October)... My little create is going to get a work out! (our team is small so it won't be that bad)

ZTH~ sorry to hear that your fellow team members are not playing nice.. :( Hope you can get some of it straightened out...

No, PJ missed her goal by 13 seconds...for this weekend..but we gave her some slack considering it had misted about 15 minutes prior to the race so the footing was a little off for a while... but she can make her goal next weekend.... I need to get on the ball and make the kids' locker posters this week for next week..and than get a jump start on the posters for County, Conference and Sectionals (all in October)... My little create is going to get a work out! (our team is small so it won't be that bad)

ZTH~ sorry to hear that your fellow team members are not playing nice.. :( Hope you can get some of it straightened out...

Thanks Nancy!

I wrote a very formal, curt letter, telling them that I would wait for their explanations beore I decided what to do (and I'm pretty sure they got the hint). I really would be fine if they only fixed one of the two problems - preferably not make me work with that guy. But I do this for fun, and with things as they are now, it's not going to be fun.

Considering I have so many other things on my plate, if they didn't change anything, and I dropped it, it wouldn't be any big loss to me.

You are really doing the right thing... especially if you have made it clear previously (and it sounds as if you definitely have) that you did not want to work w/ the specific individual! I hope that they change it for you, but you sound so much like my own daughter, having more than enough to fill her plate..but loves to add just a little more to her days!

Keep me posted, I'm curious as to how they will handle this situation!

Just woke up a little while ago, I'm taking a chance at drinking some coffee, but I know if I don't I'll end up with a big headache. Either way, it could get messy.

I'm definitely feeling better, the nap helped. My list is completely ruined today, but I do have Thursday off too, so I'll have to work extra hard then to get it all done.

Christy, glad to hear you had a good time. Good luck with the laundry.
Rebecca, those favors sound great, I'd love to see one done.
WTG PJ and Andrewno!
Nan, was working at the school fun? I miss doing that.
Oh no! Z2H, working with someone you strongly dislike sucks!
Ash, is DD hanging in? PrincessM was so cute this morning, I was practically dead and she tried to do her hair herself, so cute, but her part was waaaaaaay off.
Holl, did you make the bus?

I know there are more I missed, I apologize for that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter