~The Daily Grind~ 9/8/10

I've taken all my meds and still no better, the migraine wins I'm going back to bed!

MM2000 I hope your day improves ;)

WDWMickey - I am hoping the migraines goes away and you have a better afternoon!

YAY for Rachel!!

YAY for awesome prom dress deals!!

PBF - hope little one is feeling better.

And Megan - we are thinking of you and hope your first day at school is great!

cheryl hugs somedays it does win hope it goes away soon
Lisa hope megan has a great day and yay on the house
Pam hope DS is better quickly
:cool1:Rachel
:cool1:PJ
Rebecca have fun at disney
Jennifer yuck to no power and yes to going back to bed
Holly when you're done with your bus company want to take on mine?

I'm about out of energy all though the math teacher I just LOVE she is taking all the incitive with this and they are meeting tomorrow to figure him out. Thank god someone there cares I feel like sending this woman a dozen roses already. She will also schedule tues and thurs from 2:30-3 with him everyweek!!!

Off to finish some bedroom cleaning.

Christy--blessings on you and the school situation. The girls counselor loves chocolate covered strawberries (She's gotten them every year for the last 3 years for trying to make sure both my DDs are able to get all of their AP & honors classes without us sending them to the G/T high school. Sometimes it is quite a juggling act!) Make sure you keep advocating & stay on top of the staff it's true about the "squeaky wheel" ;)

Pam, I hope your DS is feeling better.

Way to go PJ on the dress deal!!!!

Congratulations to Rachel on getting the part!!!!

WDWMickey, I hope your migraine has gone away.

I hope Megan had an awesome first day at school!

Pam- how's ds tonight? Any better??
Trm- how's the fair going?
Sioh- are ya tired? I am!
Dit- how was work?
Nan- how was the soccer game? Let's see the dress! I have gems if you need 'em!
Rebecca- have fun. Give my Danica a hug for me.
Anne- how's Mollie tonight?
Lisa- how was Megan's first day? Hugs to both of you.
Wdwm- Rachel got the part !!! Yippee!!!
Migraines suck. I have them real bad!
Jennifer- did the day get better?

I'm exhuasted! Hopefully early to bed for me. I'm not sleeping at all anymore. Ugh.
The bus people are driving me insane. They are not following the law. Tomorrow is their last chance. Then I'm calling the police!

Deb how was your burgers? That's what we had too!!!

Holly--what is going on with the bus people? Migraine is just a dull roar now so I can actually get some work done, off to bed early for me tonite to so I don't wake up with the headache.

Oh Cheryl my sons driver and I are having a power struggle.
We live on the main street in town. It connects the two biggest streets. So my road is heavily traveled. The speed limit is 40mph in front of my house. The law states that anything 35mph they can cross them with a bus monitor and anything above they MUST drop him on his side of the street. She flat out refuses to drop him on the right side. She has to drive right by my house to turn the bus around to drop him on the other side with the rest of the kids. Ok. How about the law? Nope won't do it. I've called the bus co 4times now and they said... Well we'll tell her..... How about you make her follow the rules? Last chance tomorrow. Then I'm calling the police and asking them to wait with me in the afternoon and tell her what's what when she drops him off. What else can I do? I truly think she's made that I'm trying to tell her how to do her job. I told her it was my sons safety that I was concerned about. Not anything else. But she's not getting it. And I'm not sure if she knows how thick I can be when it comes to bubba. I will not back down. Sorry.

Sorry for your headache. I too suffer from them. It's awful. Hope you get some rest tonight.

Anyone heard from NEE today?

Oh Holly that bus driver well............... i hope he parks in a driveway and is undercover so she has no clue that it's a cop!! my kids have crossed for many years on a 50mph!!! talk about scary thank god we have a driver that pays attention and more than once has slammed the door or grabbed them to keep them on the bus. I used to walk across to get them.
hang in there and slap her with a written ruling then hopfully the bus company will get fined.

We live on the main street in town. It connects the two biggest streets. So my road is heavily traveled. The speed limit is 40mph in front of my house. The law states that anything 35mph they can cross them with a bus monitor and anything above they MUST drop him on his side of the street. She flat out refuses to drop him on the right side. She has to drive right by my house to turn the bus around to drop him on the other side with the rest of the kids. Ok. How about the law? Nope won't do it. I've called the bus co 4times now and they said... Well we'll tell her..... How about you make her follow the rules? Last chance tomorrow. Then I'm calling the police and asking them to wait with me in the afternoon and tell her what's what when she drops him off. What else can I do? I truly think she's made that I'm trying to tell her how to do her job. I told her it was my sons safety that I was concerned about. Not anything else. But she's not getting it. And I'm not sure if she knows how thick I can be when it comes to bubba. I will not back down. Sorry.

Sorry for your headache. I too suffer from them. It's awful. Hope you get some rest tonight.

IDIOT!! Seriously, it's the LAW, do it! Don't get me started.

Go get her Holly....rule #1 don't mess with the Mama's!!!

Megan had a great day today....parking lot was crazy this morning so I couldn't park and walk her in...she was brave and we did the "kiss and go" line. The school counselor actually helped her find her teacher this morning not knowing who Megan was (I have an appt with her next week).
Said its a pretty quiet class, sits next to a very quiet boy!!! and their lunch time they stay in their class group.
At recess one of the girls in her class, along with another girl from another class (guess they were friends last year) came up to Megan and they played together. Megan said they were nice girls.
Overall a good, positive first day, I'm so proud of my girl :love:. Thanks for all your :goodvibes sent to Megan today!

on the mirgrains......I use ice packs, put one at the base of my neck and another where the pain is, works pretty good for me.

Have a great evening!!

The head of the traffic division at the police station is my friend. So I
might call him and ask him to come in his car. Not the gigantic police SUV.

50mph is crazy Christy. They should never have been crossed at that.

Jennifer- it is the LAW! exactly!

Lisa- you are so right. Don't mess with the mama!!!!

Thanks for all the prayers and PD for my family! It is much appreciated.

So glad Megan's first day went well!

Way to go on the prom dress find, PJ!

Holly - good luck on the bus situation. I think the police is a very good idea. My DH was a school bus driver before he was a public bus driver and unfortunately he used to have his share of stories about coworkers that thought they were above the rules. Hello, these are children in your care!! A nice reality check from the police will make that bus company take the situation a lot more seriously.

Yay, Rachel!!

Way to go, PJ!! Great find!

Christy--saw your other post. . hang in there!!

mommy2mrb--glad Megan's day was good!!

wdwmickey--I hate migraines! hope it gets better!

Holly, give 'em heck, girl!! No way do they let our boy out on the opposite side of the street!!!

Holly--go get her & keep after her until she follows the LAW!!! Duh, what a nit-wit. I hope you get it sorted out, that sounds very dangerous!

I've never tried ice packs/cold packs on my neck. I'll give it a try :flower3:

Sounds like Megan had a great 1st day!! So glad to hear this.

Holly it is crazy but then so is the fact that since they were in K they have had to changes busses in the am.

I think that having your friend there is an exelent idea.

I would have them there first thing or better yet have them sit and observe 1 day like any normal person driving by then the next day have them nail her.

I don't take kindly to those type of people who are better and above everyone else.

Thanks Brooke it's been a long day and he's still at it. I'm in tears and so is he. Tom keeps telling me not to take it to heart sorry just can't do that when he's telling me I hate him.:sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter