The DDA Trouble Free Zone Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My DH and I went on a school choir tour 2 weeks before our wedding and my husband caught chicken pox!! Told him that I wasn't going to walk down the aisle if he was still itching and scratching. Then a blizzard happened on the day we were married and the priest was late to the wedding even though he only live across the parking lot. No honeymoon for us as we got married AFTER spring break. More to our lovely wedding but as we tell everybody we know that if we survived the Wedding we can survive anything!! :rotfl2:

ReAnSt said:
Sending :wizard: and :grouphug: to everyone. I know you can all use them.

Ok, so I'm not caught up. Not even sure when I last posted. Not sure I am cohrent enough to post. I'm sorry if this post is scatter brained. I just want to update you on my life without breaking down in tears due to frustration.

I have been working too many hours. Plus I had a Brownie sleep over this weekend. Have been sick on and off. Sore throat, earache, nauseous, coughing, I think I might have a sinus infection and I definitely have a fever. I should probably call in sick but I feel way to guilty to do so and after today I think my manager might freak out if I end up sick also.

I am frustrated that today when I went into work my co-worker handed me his keys, said our manager pushed him over the edge and left. *** So now I might be working more hours. I worked almost 70 this week plus planned and held a brownie meeting and planned and held a Brownie sleepover. I really don't think they appreciated it.

Got so much to try and do and so little time. This week I have GS cookie sorting and distribution plus a service unit meeting. Luckily I cancelled the troop meeting, but some parents were giving me grief for it. Hello, we had a sleepover this weekend plus cookie sorting, distrbution and a service unit meeting this coming week. But they just want to have their Wednesday night so they have have their time away from their kid.

I really hope it doesn't snow much because it will make my life harder because I have to go to work whether it snows or not.

My manager stopped in today to attempt to figure out hours to fill in. We didn't get very far. She is doing way too much also. Who knows what is going to happen with filling in the hours. She also does massages. She said I needed a massage. I said she needed a massage. We both decided we need a massage and to get away.

Plus my circle journal which has been booknapped and the person said they were going to release it reccently has yet to do so.

Plus my Grandfather is in the hospital with gout and his heart rate had been at 168 beats per minute. He isn't doing that well. This is a bad time for him to be sick like this because 3 years ago my other grandfather died around this time and we had his funeral on Valentine's day. I am hoping to not have a repeat.

I wish I could just hop on a plane and go anywhere away from here. I need a spontaneous trip, road trip or whatever. I just need to get away.

I am so :furious:. I am really bad about getting my feelings out and I always get to the point where I break down and just cry for hours. But I am not there yet so my frustration level just builds :sad2: and I don't know how to reduce it. I try things but they never seem to work. I know I just need to cry but I am not there yet.

Sorry to blab on and on. It's so sad I am apologizing in my own venting. I don't know how to say no and I always feel everything is my fault. :rotfl2:

Becky

{{{Becky}}} I hope things slow down for you! :grouphug: :tink:

dumby said:
Wanted to share something I saw on the TAPS board just in case you might not have seen this. It sounds like a doable thing for anyone to do. I think I will give this a try also while we are there.

Paying it Forward.. with Fastpass"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My husband had a great idea that I think you might all like.

For the past few years, ever since Disney started the fastpass system, when we are ready to leave the park for that day, we get fastpasses for one of the hard to get onto attractions.

As we are exiting, we give the fastpasses away to a family on thier way into the park at that time.

It is fun to share the magic of Disney by giving these tickets away to someone for them to enjoy. The reactions we have experienced are wonderfully rewarding.

In MK we like to get Peter Pan's Flight ( always a long line) and give them to a family with young children.

At Disney MGM Studios, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster or Tower of Terror are our choices.

Epcot attractions we have done are Test Track and Soarin' .

In DAK we usually get Kilimanjaro Safari but I imagine Everest would be even better.

So... My challange to you all is to begin "Paying it Forward.. with Fastpass" yourselves. I am sure you all will find it as rewarding as we do.

Spread some Pixie Dust "Pay it Forward.. with Fastpass"

Have fun!

Good idea! :thumbsup2

UP Disney said:
Ok. I think I have officially become a Disney Design Addict. I was putting some autograph pages together and saw this clip of Alice. My mind immediately came up with some ideas for a t-shirt and voila an hour later - here it is. I didn't think I had a creative bone in my body!!!! Who knew?? :confused3

dreaming.jpg

It's supposed to have a "dreamy" quality to it.

Looks great!!! :cool1:

babytrees said:
A friend took me somewhere I have never been before today...a Disney Merchandise outlet...not a Disney Store outlet....this temporary store had items from the theme parks!! Absolutely gorgeous!! I spent an hour+ in there....lots of great clothes. I am going to have to go back the gentleman running it said he hadn't put all of the items out yet :smooth:

We went to one of those in October! It was great!

Brendita said:
Good Morning all. :sunny:
I made a few changes to my signature.
I understand all of you know me as Brendita.
I have tried to change my screen name. :badpc:
As this doesn't fit me anymore.
My DXH gave me this nick name.
I feel more comfortable with what everybody called me before.
Would it be to much to ask?
JUST CALL ME JO. :yay:
I'm more of a Jo. than a Brendita anyway.

You got it, Jo! I like it!
:)

Well, there are only a few more to go so it shouldn't take too long. Though, it has been slow off & on all day. I've been off & on myself as I'm finishing our sweatshirts and starting some t-shirts. I still have some designing to do.

so who is watching the olympics.
does any one know the score in the USA women vs Germany hockey game

we got about 12 inches of snow on the ground. And now it is snowing again. :rotfl2: DH was outside shoveling and I heard the plow come by and then I heard DH swearing. So when he came back in, I asked him if the plow closed the driveway back up. He replied "I gave him the evil-eye" :lmao:

bear74 said:
so who is watching the olympics.
does any one know the score in the USA women vs Germany hockey game

I'm watching the ProBowl coverage, but Kyle has some thing on our computer tracking the olympics. It was 5-0 USA :goodvibes

bear74 said:
where did you get the zip up hoodies

I bought them at WalMart. For my DH and I, I bought men's. They were $9 but were on sale for $7 when I was there earlier in the week. I bought women's for my DD's, and they were on sale this week for $5.

tink2020 said:
I'm watching the ProBowl coverage, but Kyle has some thing on our computer tracking the olympics. It was 5-0 USA :goodvibes
thanks. DD was watching Disney channel so was unable to watch it.

UP Disney said:
I bought them at WalMart. For my DH and I, I bought men's. They were $9 but were on sale for $7 when I was there earlier in the week. I bought women's for my DD's, and they were on sale this week for $5.

WOW! I paid almost that much for t-shirts! I'll have to remember that next time!

UP Disney said:
thanks will look wed. when I go out for the after valentine sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter