The DDA Trouble Free Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glynis said:
I used to LOVE going to the drive-in. Mom would have us all in our jammies, and she would make her world famous brownies, a HUGE sack of popcorn, and several thermos bottles of Kool-Aid and water. Then we'd all drive to the movies and enjoy a cheap family night out! It was great. It was usually a double feature with something more "grown-up" for the second feature. Us kids would usually fall asleep, and mom and dad could have a peaceful "date" for the second feature. Ahhh, good times. We've done it a couple of times with our kids, but it's getting harder and harder to stay up later for hubby and me. Guess we're fuddy duddies.

One of my best memories of my Mom was at the drive-in. I took Mom, my daughter and her family had their mini-van, coolers of drinks and food. Two carloads of her friends, tinker1bell and hubby too. Then we look up and there was tinker1bell's children too! What a night. We saw Men In Black. My Mom LOVED Will Smith. My son's dog looks just like the pug in the movie. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes What a great memory. Thanks..... :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Blueeyes101817 said:
Designing going on while i was gone!?! Im shocked!!
we have a lot of nerver don't we!!!;)

I am glad you had a great trip - time to change your signature though!! :(

Can't wait to see your pictures

julia & nicks mom said:
Hello Chatty Girls!!!!

Last night we had movie night - Wedding Crashers and then this morning Julia and I had girls day out -

we started with her American Girl Fashion Show Audition - all they did was measure her to see if she is the right size and htey will let us know in two weeks - it has nothing to do with what they look like - just their sizing - so we will have to wait and see - you will all appreciate this =

as we left Julia said -

Mommy, when is the audition -

I told her that was the audition to which she responded -

"that wasn't a very good audition - they didn't even ask me to sing or dance!!" :rotfl:

here is her picture that we turned in for the show:

jukl.jpg

then we went to Don Pablos for lunch - YUMMY and then went shopping -

we are headed out for dinner but I wanted to pop in and say hi!!!

Hope you all are having a great day!!

kate

Kate she is just incredibly beautiful!!! I sure hope she is the right size. For our show the bigger girls had to be a size 10. I forget what size the biddy babies were.

If it went on looks she's be a shoo in!!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :cool1: :sunny:

Steffy said:
One of my best memories of my Mom was at the drive-in. I took Mom, my daughter and her family had their mini-van, coolers of drinks and food. Two carloads of her friends, tinker1bell and hubby too. Then we look up and there was tinker1bell's children too! What a night. We saw Men In Black. My Mom LOVED Will Smith. My son's dog looks just like the pug in the movie. :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes What a great memory. Thanks..... :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Yeah, but ya gotta add to the story that you were saving us a parking spot and just as the owner was giving the final count, we finally got there :rotfl:
We had gone out to eat and got stuck in traffic :eek:

I honestly swear that Steffy and I live about 15 miles apart and do not talk on the phone to make sure we post at the same time :rotfl2:

my3princes said:
I think that we have decided to buy into DVC. For 200 points at SSR it will cost $16,600 (thanks Skunka and Marti for the Friends 15% discount). We can finance through Disney for 9.95%. I checked out all our credit cards for any great promo offers. It turns out that we can do a balance transfer to our Disney Card at an interest rate of 3.99% for the life of the balance. It seems like a no brainer. I would initially charge it to Discover and get the 1% cash back (if we charge it directly on the Disney Card it would be the regular interest rate) then transfer the balance to the Disney Card. That would mean that we would need to stop using the Disney Visa as any payment would go to the lowest rate items and the rest would pile up. To remedy that as we always use the Disney Visa and pay it off monthly I decided to apply for one in my name as the first one was in Chris's. This sounds complicated and I'm wondering if there might be anything that I'm missing. Anyone see any drawbacks? 3.99% vs 9.75% is a big savings. I'll also take any advice on purchasing DVC. We have discussed it so much I think we've over thought it. Thanks to Skunka and Tammi for answering so many questions.

Deb

I say go for it!!!!!

Sounds like you have this down to a science! :cool2: :cool2:

Just realized that we are on page 200. Things do move fast around here. Things seem back to normal and we even have designing going on. Wow!

Deb

PrincessLeighsDaddy said:
Here are a couple of the shirts that I made.
sh1.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

The Name shirt that Leighanna is wearing is the first one that I did (thanks Kate, all the shirts came out great). I scorched it a little (I made another one and it came out fine), but she hasn't wanted to take it off since. She slept in it last night, and wouldn't let me take it off of her today.
The born to shop one is one that I created myself with some clipart that I found. Leighanna really loves to shop and I thought it was fitting for her. :goodvibes Now my DW wants one too. ::MinnieMo

Those look awesome! Great work! :goodvibes

Steamboat Marti said:
Yep - you know you're an addict when the clearance shirts have new meaning for you!!!

Good to see you up! I hope that means you're feeling better! :goodvibes

Steffy said:
Jen,

The only thing I can do to help myself out of the funk is to plan another trip.... (that's how I got tagged!) ::yes:: ::yes::

Now I have two trips. One in December with my older sister and one in May 2007, with tinker1bell and my kids and grandkids. We'll also be celebrating my son and his wife's 10th anniversary. This should be a fun trip. I also want to go on a cruise with tinker1bell and hubby too, probably my older sister. ( tinker1bell and I won't share a room if hubby too comes. :eek:

I know.... and that works for me, but they could never afford to do one at this point! :confused3 :sad1:

Blueeyes101817 said:
HELLO EVERYONE!!!!
i am back from my cruise--it was amazing...i am actually doing pictures right now so hopefully will post them soon-but i came back to SNOW!!!

i know there is no way that i will b e able to catch up, so im not even going to try--did i miss anything big?

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear about your trip and see your pictures! :goodvibes

Jen - Welcome back and congrats on booking for next year. I hope you had a wonderful time.

Tom - Leighanna is such a cutie and I really like the shirts you did. Your shopping shirt is too cute.

Kate - Beautiful picture of Julia, and best of luck with "call back".

Deb - Congrats and Welcome Home. We also own at SSR. We are debating OKW or SSR for our quickie spring break trip.

Glynis - we also have a drive-in here. It's a double. One side usually shows a family double feature with the other side more adult. Last time we went it was the double feature Princess Diaries 2 and Shrek2. We all had a good time and happened to be next to some friends. The kids kept moving back and forth between the vans all night. We also like being able to tune it in on the radio.

Kristine - jump right in with the tie-dyes. I did 8 for our trip. If you have any specific questions, just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter