The DDA Trouble Free Zone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steamboat Marti said:
Ok kids - I've got to get back into bed. I have a killer headache since mid week and it is kicking my butt. I also have the shakes, so I need more rest I guess. Don't worry though - Skunka is the absolute best care taker!!! If they made a mold of a perfect husband, I'd vote for him!!

How sweet!!! I hope that Skunka brand TLC has you feeling better quickly. :wizard:

Glynis said:
I used to LOVE going to the drive-in. Mom would have us all in our jammies, and she would make her world famous brownies, a HUGE sack of popcorn, and several thermos bottles of Kool-Aid and water. Then we'd all drive to the movies and enjoy a cheap family night out! It was great. It was usually a double feature with something more "grown-up" for the second feature. Us kids would usually fall asleep, and mom and dad could have a peaceful "date" for the second feature. Ahhh, good times. We've done it a couple of times with our kids, but it's getting harder and harder to stay up later for hubby and me. Guess we're fuddy duddies.

That's exactly what we used to do!! We had a bed in the back of our van so us (is that right grammer police Amy?) kids would fall asleep back there durng the 2nd movie. That was SO fun!!

Happy Saturday night, everybody! :flower:

Just dropping in quickly - I have been taking down my Christmas decorations (finally) - it's so not fun taking them down.

Deb - congrats on the DVC decision! Your plan sounds like a keeper to me!

Ironically, I have another question of my own for all you DVC gurus. Is the 15% discount part of your 25% down (thus, only having to put 10% down), or must you put 25% down after they take the 15% off the top of the purchase price?

I'm still holding out hope. I casually mentioned to DH earlier today about the deal going on, and it was a non-committal "how nice for everyone else"-type "huh." I don't think he'll bite right now :sad: but any ammo you guys could give me, I'd appreciate!

julia & nicks mom said:
Kristine they do seem confsuing until you are actually doing it

then they all seem to make sense!!!

I am going to make some this week - I will take pictures every step of the way for you

and I have a link in my signature with good directions!!!

Thanks! I need all the help I can get!

After I get the shirts...I'll hit you up with my specific questions...

julia & nicks mom said:
here is her picture that we turned in for the show:

jukl.jpg

then we went to Don Pablos for lunch - YUMMY and then went shopping -

we are headed out for dinner but I wanted to pop in and say hi!!!

Hope you all are having a great day!!

kate

She looks so grown up!! Hope the fashion show works out.

julia & nicks mom said:
You guys are so sweet!! I think Julia is a cutie too!!! and she has the personality to go with it!!! I am such a lucky Mommy!!!!

Today we bought Steve (oops I mean Nick) an aircraft carrier at Target for 75% off - the two of them were in heavan playing with it - I knew this was why Steve wanted a boy - he just wants the toys to play with!!

Phil just straight out asks for the tous himself. For Christmas, my non-Disney husband asked for a Buzz Lightyear. The taller one, not the little one Terra has. He said that Darth Tader looked lonely in his office. :rotfl2:

lovespoohbear said:
yummy too

Hmmmm....were the ordered from as company? I've heard that the ordered ones aren't very good sometimes, but this may need to be bookmarked.

Glynis said:
I knew you would be able to do the shirts! Do they look good? Post pics of your daughter wearing them. I love to see them! I'm trying to decide whether or not to do shirts for my neighbors 5 kids for their March DL trip. I know it would make them happy, but do I have enough time? Right now, I'm making autograph books for the 5 of them, putting together a touring plan for DL, do I have time to do shirts? If I can get my act together, plan my days a little better, I just might have time to do it!
Here are a couple of the shirts that I made.
sh1.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

The Name shirt that Leighanna is wearing is the first one that I did (thanks Kate, all the shirts came out great). I scorched it a little (I made another one and it came out fine), but she hasn't wanted to take it off since. She slept in it last night, and wouldn't let me take it off of her today.
The born to shop one is one that I created myself with some clipart that I found. Leighanna really loves to shop and I thought it was fitting for her. :goodvibes Now my DW wants one too. ::MinnieMo

PrincessLeighsDaddy said:
sh1.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

The Name shirt that Leighanna is wearing is the first one that I did (thanks Kate, all the shirts came out great). I scorched it a little (I made another one and it came out fine), but she hasn't wanted to take it off since. She slept in it last night, and wouldn't let me take it off of her today.
The born to shop one is one that I created myself with some clipart that I found. Leighanna really loves to shop and I thought it was fitting for her. :goodvibes Now my DW wants one too. ::MinnieMo

Welcome to the addiction!!! They look great - and its a lot of fun isn't it???

sh1.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

Fabulous! They look wonderful. You did a great job! See, not too difficult, right? By the way, your daughter looks wonderful!

sh1.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

Those are great Tom. Your daughter is such a cutie too!

Yes it is! Now I look for clearance shirts for a couple of bucks and deck them out myself! :rotfl:

Yep - you know you're an addict when the clearance shirts have new meaning for you!!!

sh1.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

Great job, Tom!

PLD - your shirts look great!!!!!!

I just wanted to mention if anyone else wants DVC - I could refer you too!!

Tinkaroo said:
Happy Saturday night, everybody! :flower:

Just dropping in quickly - I have been taking down my Christmas decorations (finally) - it's so not fun taking them down.

Deb - congrats on the DVC decision! Your plan sounds like a keeper to me!

Ironically, I have another question of my own for all you DVC gurus. Is the 15% discount part of your 25% down (thus, only having to put 10% down), or must you put 25% down after they take the 15% off the top of the purchase price?

I'm still holding out hope. I casually mentioned to DH earlier today about the deal going on, and it was a non-committal "how nice for everyone else"-type "huh." I don't think he'll bite right now :sad: but any ammo you guys could give me, I'd appreciate!

You only have to put 10% down. I think the 10% is after the discount. The price went from $19000 to $16 600 for 200 points.

Deb

sh1.jpg

DSCF0429.jpg

DSCF0428.jpg

Very cute. Nice job.

Deb

tmfranlk said:
I'm sure that someone will beat me to the answer, but I'll forget to come back if I don't answer now...

The 50th celebration has been extended through the end of the year. Nothing has been announced yet for 2007, but I think that Epcot's 25th is coming up soon as well so maybe a mini-somthing then.

YAY!!!!!!

I love to be in trip planning mode!!!! :sunny: ::yes::

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!