The Deep doo doo over TTMM

MinnieVanMom

DIS Veteran
I know there is list for TTMM tickets and we have been on it for some time. However at this point we are not going to make the list. So I flat out inquired if a person who may have extra tickets needs to find them a family we are in need.

I get a weird email kinda not nice that there is a list, I am jumping queue, etc. I didn't know that a person had to give them to the list. I thought it was a free world and although there is list, people can ask and others can give? And others can make a choice to give if they want. I know this is the Dis and there are some unspoken rules, pool hooping, reusing mugs, etc, but I didn't know about this one.

Or please if there are some rules that I am unaware of let me know and I will be the first to say I made a mistake.

It's been a general understood rule over the course of the thread that it's first come, first serve. Go back and look at the thread and the stink that has been brought up when people tried to get to the top of the list because their dates were sooner. It's pretty rude for the rest of us who have been waiting patiently for the opportunity (that we all know full well is more likely not to occur) for others on the list to push someone into giving them to them when there are so many others on list before them who have been waiting much, much longer.

Thanks Bella the email was not from you but I just need to understand that the rule is I can not ask on the Dis for tickets other than the list?

I will check other boards too or as stated, it is ok. We are early risers and just being at rope drop is going to be great. Heck just being at DL is wonderful! I appreciate your work on the list and all you do. Hopefully there will be a day I can offer tickets to list.

It's not like you're going to get removed from the list or banned for asking outright or looking other places. How do I say it "the rules are more like guidelines anyway". Unless the PM was from a moderator, but as the list was a member started 'program' I know that wouldn't be the case. As much as I myself would love to say outright "if you have spare vouchers, please send them my way" I will always direct someone to the thread as a common courtesy to those that are listed before me and who would also enjoy a great experience from receiving vouchers. It's a community effort and it's very frustrating to see individuals do things like that, if it makes any sense.

I know there is list for TTMM tickets and we have been on it for some time. However at this point we are not going to make the list. So I flat out inquired if a person who may have extra tickets needs to find them a family we are in need.

I get a weird email kinda not nice that there is a list, I am jumping queue, etc. I didn't know that a person had to give them to the list. I thought it was a free world and although there is list, people can ask and others can give? And others can make a choice to give if they want. I know this is the Dis and there are some unspoken rules, pool hooping, reusing mugs, etc, but I didn't know about this one.

Or please if there are some rules that I am unaware of let me know and I will be the first to say I made a mistake.

As the OP and third in line waiting (10 months now) for TTMM tickets I would say it is common courtesy to not ask for tickets on a separate thread.

Of course we all would love to watch our children enjoy TTMM, but if it doesn't happen then we'll press on.

While at the parks I don't enjoy waiting 1 hour for Space Mountain but I do it because it's not right to jump the line.

Bella, I love that quote.

Joeysmom, I agree, we are going to DL and having TTMM is not the end all be all. We are so happy to be at DL that it is great!

I am going to put us on the list for next years trip and if I ever find tickets, I will make sure to donate them. Hey, thanks for helping me understand and being nice!

No problem-

I hope we all receive tickets and I hope I can pay it forward in the future:goodvibes

Since the waiting-list thread is created by and for the board members as opposed to something "official," there are always going to be frustrations.

Some people put their names on it without dates and stay on the list forever (and don't respond to PMs when they are near the top of the list and you try to give them tickets:sad2:). The "waiting list" format also obviously is going to favor people who know they are going far, far in advance.

I had a large chunk of tickets for TTMM and Aladdin last fall that our group didn't use and had a lot of fun spreading the pixie dust around. After the first go-round giving out blocks of tickets, I had 3 left, so I skipped a couple people to give them to someone who could use that specific number rather than wasting a ticket. When that DISer posted they had tickets and took themselves off the list, someone above them complained that they should have gotten tickets first. Not sure if I violated "the code", but I wanted them all to get used and the person I gave them to needed them sooner as well.:confused3

I'm not sure there's a ready answer for the list problems unless a moderator took over running it and made very specific rules, which is both a lot of work and not really in the spirit of the boards.

My only other suggestions for the OP who really wants tickets: talk to local friends who might have an AAA package and aren't using them, or book that type of package yourself next time to ensure it. If they have "value" to you, they might be worth and extra couple bucks.

My 2 cents,
PHXscuba

Ah, the frustations abound when it's run by everyone :rotfl: It reminds me of how easy it is to mess up one of my projects at work the more people that are involved in it. I do wish there was a way to streamline how we organize it and I know I've tried to do that a little (daily bumps, effective weeding out of past dates) and I hope nobody really minds. I love organzing things -- have you checked out my trip Check Ins? Who else puts all that into a thread here on the DIS? I drive myself a little crazy with it sometimes.

I wish there was a way for us to get everyone their tickets, but it's so hard when demand is much, much, much higher than the supply.

I know there are no dumb questions only dumb people so I'm going to call myself out here :rotfl2:

But what is TTMM? and why do you need tickets?

Docter419:

Usually Toontown opens to the public an hour after the rest of Disneyland opens. Several morning a week, however, it opens right when the park opens, but only for selected guests, called "Toon Town Morning Madness," hence the acronym. You have to have a free "ticket" that only comes as part of a package, like if you buy through AAA.

They do a little show with Mickey and then you get to do the rides or meet Mickey at his house before everyone can come in an hour later. I hear it can still be very busy. There is a big TTMM thread here that explains more and about Early Entry, which is not the same thing!

DISers who can't/don't use their TTMM tickets pass them along to those who want to attend this event but didn't book a package that has that perk. The big "waiting list" thread is here.

There is a similar list for people who want priority seating for the Aladdin show in DCA here. Those tickets come as part of the same packages listed above and get you "better" seats at the show.

PHXscuba

Here's something that really annoys me about the list: The members who are on it but after putting their name on the list don't sign in for months and months and months. How is anyone supposed to contact them? And while waiting for a response from them, maybe someone next on the list wont receive any vouchers in time, you know?

I mean, I get that not everyone on the DIS is on every single day without fail (somtimes I think I have a problem, but then I say naw, of course not) but it does fluster me a little bit sometimes.

I get a weird email kinda not nice that there is a list, I am jumping queue, etc. I didn't know that a person had to give them to the list. I thought it was a free world and although there is list, people can ask and others can give? And others can make a choice to give if they want.

I think something like this happened to me a couple of years ago. Don't worry about it--people get bent out of shape over things very easily. As stated above, unless it's a Dis run program no one can control what you do. And if someone sent you a "not nice" email well, that's their problem. Don't make it yours. I wish I had TTMM tix to give away but as a DVC member I don't book packages so have no opportunity to get them.

Here's something that really annoys me about the list: The members who are on it but after putting their name on the list don't sign in for months and months and months. How is anyone supposed to contact them? And while waiting for a response from them, maybe someone next on the list wont receive any vouchers in time, you know?

Won't they get email notification of the message to them on the Dis?

If you don't already have one, however, a rule might be in order that if someone doesn't respond within 24 or 48 or whatever number you pick hours then they get dropped.

They should. I know I PM'ed a lot of people on the list (both MTTMM and Aladdin) regarding unclear dates since I was trying to get everything a little more organized. I stil haven't heard form roughly 11 people. I know that some people who have had vouchers to offer just oved on the list when they didn't receive a reply but I would love to actually remove people from the list who weren't responding. It sure would make life easier.

Heck, I wish there was a more efficient way to go about the whole thing. Maybe having one person run it adding/removing the names as things move along, having a check-in to keep yourself on the list to make sure that the people who want them and are around to receive them do, but at what point would everything become too controlled, you know?

But I know I wouldn't have a problem with names being removed for that reason, if nobody else does.

#1 on the TTMM literally hasn't logged on to the DIS since January.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter