The DIS Dad's Club Group W.I.S.H. Journal

Well, I'm going to bring this long dead thread back to life. I don't know if any Dads are still interested in this thread, but I've got some good news that I'm Peanut Buttery proud of! At my highest weight about a year ago, I was at 242 lbs. I've done a combination of several things, including variations of P90X workouts, playing softball and basketball recreationally, lifting weights, using an elliptical and eating much, much healthier over the last several months. I had been at a plateau for a couple of months now, and this morning I finally broke through the 205 barrier at 204.5 lbs. This is the first time I've been under 205 since high school. I'm going to celebrate with some junk food!!! Or maybe some watermelon. :thumbsup2

Great Job Andy!!

Well, I'm going to bring this long dead thread back to life. I don't know if any Dads are still interested in this thread, but I've got some good news that I'm Peanut Buttery proud of! At my highest weight about a year ago, I was at 242 lbs. I've done a combination of several things, including variations of P90X workouts, playing softball and basketball recreationally, lifting weights, using an elliptical and eating much, much healthier over the last several months. I had been at a plateau for a couple of months now, and this morning I finally broke through the 205 barrier at 204.5 lbs. This is the first time I've been under 205 since high school. I'm going to celebrate with some junk food!!! Or maybe some watermelon. :thumbsup2

Congrats!!

I jusy found this and could use some help. I an 51 years old and weigh 235 lbs. I am only 5'6"I know I need to drop a lot of weight. Would like to be around 175-180. I only have about 30% moblity in my right ankle do to an old injury so running and alot of arobic(SP?) exercise are out. I am in pain most days and know that loosing weight will hlep alot. I am working on eating healthy but also need to exercise. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin

I don't have any real good suggestions for what you can do with your bad ankle. I'm not sure this thread gets much attention anymore. You might want to start a new thread over in the DIS Dads sub forum. It will probably get a little more attention from more guys facing similar issues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter