The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

Good Morning
I just *Google* images.
Save me from myself---a little online shopping ,,,Forever 21 has a couple of spring color hoodies ----good price--$22.90 each
picked up Peach and Mint. I added a foot spa kit 4 piece pedicure set,, (dry winter heals) and got free shipping.$4.90.

I think I like Snow Days.
Hugs
Mel
https://www.forever21.com/ca/shop/catalog/product/plus/plus_size-features/2000289963?lang=en-ca

I had ordered the mustard one during the online promotion last August. Love it, not too hot to wear so great for layering. I ordered 2 in white this time and had to find something small to get free shipping. Picked up a coin purse to put me over the top.

I wasn't sure what size I ordered last August so I ran upstairs to look at the one I have. I cut the tags out. Went online to my emails and found the size there. Snow days could be expensive if we keep this up.

Checking in...I'm in the group that is tired of winter already. Like @Donald - my hero I too can suffer from depression. It runs strong in our family history. It's always a HUGE struggle this time of year. This year, it harder with our horribly cold snap we seem to be having - with no let up until the end of February it looks like. But this year...it just seems to be kicking my butt.

Food has been pretty good. The scale went down again :woohoo: and keeping my fingers crossed about the bet between the hubby and I ( we both have an initial target goal to meet - and the winner gets 1000.00 to do what ever they want with ) and so far...I'm getting closer to mine than him. Slow and steady wins the race. So I'm going to keep doing what I am doing...it seems to be working.

I did press play on the BBOD and have worked a couple of shifts at the second job, which is always walking or moving boxes or furniture. There is always a work out there. Hopefully I will be able to get out of bed a little easier and press play a little more. I didn't gain this weight over night...so it's not going to go away over night...But my clothes are fitting way looser, I'll be able to go shopping my closet again...my winter coat is getting looser and no more wiggling to get it zipped up...even with the bulky sweater on under it. So I'll take that win.

@bababear_50 please don't let that foolish woman make you feel that way. She only says things like that to make herself feel better...why people have to act like that I don't understand. We need to build each other up...not tear each other down. Your doing exactly what you can given what's ailing you.

@Donald - my hero, you are doing exactly what you can do. Some days are definitely harder than others...especially in the winter. We cal allllllllllll relate on some level of how you feel. It is a struggle and I can sympathize in your daily struggles.

@hdrolfe hang in there. I can see myself in your struggles. Your doing great with your kiddo. Pick and choose your battles. That's what I always say. There are some things we let slide that other don't, and there are things that I won't let slide that others do. Stay firm in what you choose to be a battle. It does get better

Looks like I'll be getting a shoveling workout tomorrow! This storm is not going to be fun. I think we have enough food in the house so we should be ok to not leave for a day or so. I can work from home so that's ok.

I talked to kiddo about our Disney trip and we changed our reservation to POP. I went from Yacht Club to POP... But I'm saving a lot of money, we'll still have fun, and maybe we'll get lucky and the skyliner will be up and running. I also added water parks to our tickets, so we will have plenty of water slides to enjoy! Probably not as easy to do an afternoon break at a water park, but with the money I'm saving perhaps a Lyft or Uber to take us back and forth might save some time. Any way. I did spring for preferred, though I didn't really need to. Not a pool view since I don't want it to be too noisy.

Now the extra money may be used to get a bigger TV and put the one we have now in the basement, or perhaps I'll get a smaller smart one for my room. We'll see.

POP is my choice of resort. Your son will love it. No slide at the pool but we spend most of our time in the parks or the water park. The renovated rooms get mixed reviews but I liked them for our family. You can walk over to Art of Animation for different food options. I agree with taking Uber to get to the waterpark otherwise its a bus to Disney Springs and then another to the waterpark.

Stay safe tomorrow. I find when we get huge snowfalls its easier to do several rounds of clearing the driveway rather than wait until its all down and do one big clearing at the end. That's just me though.

4:00pm and the snow is just starting. This is either going to be huge or another one of those ooops! snowfalls. They had snow in Maui and Las Vegas in the past day. The world is going crazier than the new crazy.

Officially a snow day tomorrow! They are closing schools (and daycares in the schools). I have never heard of this, usually it's just they don't run buses. I will work from home so I guess I can't sleep in too late, but maybe a little :) Hopefully the snow isn't as bad as they are saying, but I'm sure it'll take some time to clear. I am debating using one of the places you can hire for a one time clearing. I'll wait and see how it goes!

thanks for the feedback on POP, we have stayed there for a couple nights, I remember long walks to the bus stops at the parks, but otherwise it was nice. I hope the murphy bed won't be annoying to put up and down all the time. I am very glad they have coffee in the rooms there now!

Just watching the news they are quite literally closing the city (very rare). The universities and colleges are closed on top of the elementary and high schools. DS girlfriend works for UPS and they are closed tomorrow as well. The last time I remember the city closing like this was back during the ice storm in 1998. I'm snuggling under a quilt in anticipation.

I haven’t stayed at POP yet, but I love the look of the renoed rooms! I think when my kiddos are older and we’re back to full days in the park, it will be a great resort to try.

And to everyone preparing for a storm: stay safe and warm! I so hope we all start to see some warmer weather soon. this is getting old and exhausting.

I talked to kiddo about our Disney trip and we changed our reservation to POP. I went from Yacht Club to POP... But I'm saving a lot of money, we'll still have fun, and maybe we'll get lucky and the skyliner will be up and running. I also added water parks to our tickets, so we will have plenty of water slides to enjoy! Probably not as easy to do an afternoon break at a water park, but with the money I'm saving perhaps a Lyft or Uber to take us back and forth might save some time. Any way. I did spring for preferred, though I didn't really need to. Not a pool view since I don't want it to be too noisy.

Now the extra money may be used to get a bigger TV and put the one we have now in the basement, or perhaps I'll get a smaller smart one for my room. We'll see.

POP will great! Fingers crossed the gondola system will be up and running!

Well I hired someone to do the driveway. It looks like they did a good job. I haven't been out to really check yet but from the window it looks cleared. They came pretty quick too. the big pile of snow from the plow was not going to be doable. I'm working from home, but can't get a lot done because my connection to work servers keeps being finicky. Not my internet because everything else is ok on it. Must be too many people working from home today :) Oh well! Looks like some more snow on the way tomorrow evening, but then I have a 4 day weekend so lots of time to clear it up.

Hope everyone is doing ok!

It was a lot of snow but that was my workout for the day. I ended up doing 75% of it as DH was working from home. I left the heavy lifting for him and the stuff and the end of the drivewasy. I'm glad you were able to get someone to do your driveway @hdrolfe . There's a big difference between wanting to do it (me) and having to do it (you).

Happy Valentine's Day
6890b880d100b731980216c34df074ee--valentines-greetings-valentine-ideas.jpg

Hugs
Mel

My long weekend has started, PD day and Monday is Family Day. Going to try and get kiddo to do something other than video games and youtube. There is some snow (ha ha) so perhaps sledding? It looks like it won't be super cold so that seems doable. He has a birthday party to attend tomorrow morning, so I'll get to the library to pick up a book I had on hold. Otherwise I have no plans! Well I will get walking again because I have been slacking, though still meeting the steps. Walked over to McDonalds to get some coffee, checked the mail on my way back and my $5 Disney Giftcard reward was there (from movie reward points). That'll buy us a snack when we go.

Hope everyone is doing well!

Thanks for the reminder. I always forget to do the at home trivia on that website. Last time I looked they only had $10 GC. I didn't have enough for one of those but I did have enough for a Storm Troopers $5 one so I picked up one of those. Anyone know if I can add more $ to that card using an e-voucher or if they are stand alone cards.

The Duck is resting from an unexpected 2 hour ice attack - we live in a condo & hubby is on the board, someone rang the doorbell to complain that their sidewalk is sheer ice and no salt has been put down. Great, I'll look thought me, can't be as bad as he's claiming, can it? Yeah, it wasn't IT WAS WORSE!! I couldn't, with a clear conscience, just turn my eyes away and pretend i didn't know how bad it was.

According to Google Fit I was active from 12:39 - 2:29, walked 1.73 KM and took 3,256 steps. I know that's not accurate though because for the first 30 minutes or so my phone was in my coat pocket and there's not enough movement to trigger it! I hadn't had lunch before i headed out and let me tell you, i consumed more than the 413 calories my phone says i "spent" once i came back inside :P

The Duck is resting from an unexpected 2 hour ice attack - we live in a condo & hubby is on the board, someone rang the doorbell to complain that their sidewalk is sheer ice and no salt has been put down. Great, I'll look thought me, can't be as bad as he's claiming, can it? Yeah, it wasn't IT WAS WORSE!! I couldn't, with a clear conscience, just turn my eyes away and pretend i didn't know how bad it was.

According to Google Fit I was active from 12:39 - 2:29, walked 1.73 KM and took 3,256 steps. I know that's not accurate though because for the first 30 minutes or so my phone was in my coat pocket and there's not enough movement to trigger it! I hadn't had lunch before i headed out and let me tell you, i consumed more than the 413 calories my phone says i "spent" once i came back inside :P

Hugs Hon
Next time look through the door peep hole ......please run the other way.
Hugs Mel
5265a96c757610270d75ebd2db8b8604--duck-wallpaper-disney-mickey.jpg

Last edited:
I'm fighting a cold. My boss came to work sick and coughing, but said she wasn't contagious. I don't think she understands what that means! I took kiddo to a birthday party, when I went to get him he wanted to go to his other friend's house, the dad said sure, and he's now spending the night! I don't know what to do with myself except get a good sleep tonight :)

I'm fighting a cold. My boss came to work sick and coughing, but said she wasn't contagious. I don't think she understands what that means! I took kiddo to a birthday party, when I went to get him he wanted to go to his other friend's house, the dad said sure, and he's now spending the night! I don't know what to do with myself except get a good sleep tonight :)

Girl it is time to grab some hot lemon NeoCitran and jump into bed with a good book.
Healing Hugs are being sent your way!
Hugs
Mel

Well I went to bed early, got a phone call at 1 am that he was crying and wanted to come home. So I did that, he was asleep around 1:45. And got up at 8:30 this morning. Couple cranky people in the house. Hopefully the day improves, and bedtime tonight is not a nightmare. The interuption to my sleep made it hard to get back to sleep, so I'm very tired, still fighting this cold, and wondering what happened to all the chicken noodle soup I had.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!