The DIS Fit: 2019 thread. Join us in the New Hopes and Goals thread.

I bought board shorts for a cruise last year and wish I had worn them when we did Splash last year! We got soaked and the shorts I was in took forever to dry. I tried to dry them but it didn't seem to work. I think we went to breakfast at BOG after the ride and I was still wet. Quick dry clothes are what I am buying for this year's trip! My whole shirt was the same grey as the dry bits of kiddos... I couldn't believe how wet we got!
View attachment 392151
Wow you sure did get soaked! I never get too soaked in WDW but got soaked to the skin at DL. Looks like I jumped into a pool.

Wow you sure did get soaked! I never get too soaked in WDW but got soaked to the skin at DL. Looks like I jumped into a pool.

I'm hoping it was some kind of fluke and won't happen this summer :) we were in just the right spot to catch the splash of another log hitting the big drop.

I went from ohhhhh aren't they the cutest little cotton tails
peter-under-gate.jpg

toooo

images

They have attacked my lilac bushes and eaten 1/2 of them and my Nelly Moser clematis they cut down to the base..............................:sad::sad:
There is a whole colony of them living under my neighbours nice new floating deck.......................
This garden season is going to be interesting--it used to be the squirrels ............
My son calls me *Mrs McGregor*.............................

Hugs
Mel

I have rabbit proofed my yard. We have chain link and I put boards along the bottom all the way round so that they can't get in the yard. It was working well until midway through last summer. Somehow one got in. I'll have to go over the perimeter inch by inch to find out where and plug it up.

Reason. The dog loves to eat rabbit xxxx. It can make her really sick. I hate rabbits!

I have rabbit proofed my yard. We have chain link and I put boards along the bottom all the way round so that they can't get in the yard. It was working well until midway through last summer. Somehow one got in. I'll have to go over the perimeter inch by inch to find out where and plug it up.

Reason. The dog loves to eat rabbit xxxx. It can make her really sick. I hate rabbits!

Oh yeah, my dog loves that stuff! The winter before I got the dog we had a very young rabbit in the yard all winter, he/she was starving and so tiny! Then I got the puppy, and he chased them out of the yard except for that little one who would still come around. But as snow melted there were gifts from the bunny left behind. What a pain! I suspect the little one is the one who had her babies in the yard. Now they hang out in the neighbours yard and my puppy found a knot in the wood fence he can see through, just the perfect height. He will stand there and go nuts! But thankfully, much less bunnies in the yard. I will have to repair/replace the fencing around my garden this spring though. Keep the rabbits and the dog out of there.

After a lovely weekend, got out for a few walks, nice weather, today is a freaking snow day. Really a freezing rain day but buses were cancelled so we are home. I have been doing well with my eating but it has been hard. Keep going. That's my new motto.

Don't forget the 5-8cm of snow that's coming tomorrow :confused3. I give up, I've decided I just don't care anymore. I'll be warm in three weeks (at least that's what I keep telling myself) My luck I'll get to Florida and they'll have a freakish cold snap in May.

I've managed to keep up with the treadmill each day. This morning I felt like stopping after 1.5mi but decided, no, I had to do my new daily goal of 2mi on the treadmill. Feels good when it's done but I still hate doing it.

Don't forget the 5-8cm of snow that's coming tomorrow :confused3. I give up, I've decided I just don't care anymore. I'll be warm in three weeks (at least that's what I keep telling myself) My luck I'll get to Florida and they'll have a freakish cold snap in May.

I've managed to keep up with the treadmill each day. This morning I felt like stopping after 1.5mi but decided, no, I had to do my new daily goal of 2mi on the treadmill. Feels good when it's done but I still hate doing it.
You go girl! Does your treadmill have something you can rest a tablet or laptop on? If so, you might find that Netflix is your best friend (or whatever TV/movie platform you have) simply download something onto it and turn it on. Keep one series or movie that you only allow yourself to watch while on the treadmill. Don't have access to that? How about audiobooks or Podcasts? That's what i do on my butt-crack-of-stupid o'clock hour long walks to catch the bus into Toronto and I'm able to get where I'm going without really noticing how long it's taking. I've even been known to head out the door to finish a book if there's not an hour left (really annoying to have the book end before i get downtown!) Music is good if i just want background noise to go along with the whole "don't talk to me" vibe that i use the headphones for once i get into the city but that's not enough of a distraction for the actual "work"

Oh I have quite the setup in the basement. DH hooked up the TV and PVR so I have no excuse on that front. 100's of channels to watch while I walk. I've also got lots of music on my phone and headphones to use (which I do when I walk outside). I'm just being lazy but I keep at it anyway. Its cold and dark and raining today with the threat of snow and all I want to do is climb back into bed. Sunny days are much better for keeping moving.

I just can't believe how long this winter seems to be lasting! I talked one of the ladies at work into walking with me at lunch, we had to wait for this week to start because she just moved and couldn't find her shoes :) Now, I guess we'll be waiting at least a few more days! I have 138 days to Disney... I want to be able to walk for at least 100 of them. My plan was a walking plan to build up to walking a 5K within 6 weeks, now I don't know what I'll really be able to start. All in all, I am glad I already have a trip planned for March 2020. And December 2020. And when I win the lottery with those tickets I got at Metro ;) Maybe I'll put another trip or two in there lol

I have been trying to get outside and walking. We had some pretty crappy weather lately as well. The spring winds have now come...but they are still chilly and honestly I need something to cover my ears...the wind is that cold. The scale has not gone down or up. So that is good. Have not been able to get outside walking or pressing play for the beachbody on demand. It has just been plain busy with 2 jobs, getting ready for a wedding and graduation. It seems every night i'm either working or have to run to this or that. Crossing my fingers that after this weekend, I have all the meetings and extra things done and can focus on me for a bit.

I was talking to my walking buddy at work, how nice it will be that I have a 5-day weekend over Easter, and she says "you should have booked a cruise!" Yeah, I should have... oh well! We are going to go walking at lunch if her meeting wraps up before the rain arrives. Finally! Not the rain, the walking :) Supposed to be double digits this weekend, I think. And next week looks ok too. I only work 3-days next week so will get some extra walks in on that long weekend. We are going to my sister's for Easter dinner and she is doing bbq, I'm taking a platter of veggies and dip. So I'll even be able to stick to the diet! Unless my niece makes dessert, then I'm screwed :) I bought one Easter Cream egg for when I hit a certain goal, and hid it for myself. Hopefully I will remember where when the time comes. I've bought Easter candy for the kiddo and will put it all into the plastic eggs on Thursday when I'm off so I don't have to sneak it while he's asleep. Hopefully I'll be able to resist sampling any of it. I got some sugar free Jello to satisfy my sweet tooth, and will use that if necessary.

Hope everyone gets some nice weather this weekend. Keep walking :)

I haven't been around these boards much lately because life has been utter chaos. We've been house hunting and had some real ups and downs. We're pending on a place right now and I'm really hoping this one doesn't fall through (it's not the first house we've been pending on this month...). It's been a physically and emotionally exhausting process.

Life is busy in all kinds of other ways too, and I haven't been great about prioritizing nutritious eating or deliberate activity. I've been running around like mad lately though. We don't have a scale at home ,so I weigh myself now and then when we visit my in-laws. As of our latest visit, I'm down 15 pounds!

I hope everyone else is keeping up with their exercise and nutrition plans! But also, here's a little reminder that even if you aren't keeping up as much, it's okay. We all do what we can when we can, and we're all doing a great job :grouphug:

Hope the pending goes your way. Nothing like a stress filled life to bring on weight loss. Here's hoping spring brings less hectic more balanced days (with moving boxes to pack).

I haven't been around much either lately. Started a new job 6 weeks ago. Still doing good with exercise and food and the scale is dropping nicely. Hope everyone is doing well! It will eventually be spring.

I brought out the big guns to start losing weight. I started following The Starch Solutions guidelines again to lose weight and a few lbs came off last week. So I'm eating kind of similar to what I always eat, (potatoes, rice, beans, veggies, pasta, whole grain bread, fruit, lentils, etc.... but no avocado, no cashew sauces, no oil, no vegan Haagen Daz or other junk food for a few weeks. It's working effortlessly so it makes it worth the no junk. I can add back some fun stuff shortly. Following The Starch Solution was how I lost 30lbs originally. 10 more to go!

Hope the pending goes your way. Nothing like a stress filled life to bring on weight loss. Here's hoping spring brings less hectic more balanced days (with moving boxes to pack).

thanks! at least we’ll know one way or the other in the next week or so. when i hear about people who buy and sell every few years, i wonder how they deal with the stress!

Hugs Marchingstar--~~~stress Hugs being sent your way~~~

I have been keeping up with my steps and increasing my dancing as the knees and ankles allow.
Super busy with school production but I am looking forward to the next two weeks only being 4 day work weeks.
Now all I need is for the weather to warm up.

Just watching the horrible fire at Notre Dame Cathedral and feel so sad for the people of Paris
France...My heart goes out to them. Oh my 800 years of History,,so sad.

Hugs
Mel

Last edited:
Speaking of stress. I can't wait for next week. DS2, DS3 will finally both be finished with their post secondary adventures. Right now living with DS3 is a challenge as he's so fed up and just wants to be done. Two more exams and an exemption approval and he's good. I'm not certain I will make it through this week unscathed. I keep telling myself its just end of term stress, let it go, he'll be back to the nice young gentleman that he is in another week. He better be, he's the one I'm taking to Universal.

The weather is so nice today! I took the dog out for a 45 minute walk, sent the kiddo off to the park with his friends, and not sure what else I'll do today but probably do another walk after dinner. I am so happy it's not raining, sunny and warm! Not like it's 30 yet but it is super nice after such a long winter.

Hope everyone is doing well and your weather has warmed up as well! 124 days to my trip, I need to get walking :)

Hubby & I went to the grocery store today -- our traditional Sunday outing -- and it was so nice to just pull on my runners and head out the door instead of pulling on heavy sweaters, coats, searching for gloves .... Hoping to go for a walk at some point today but first we have the joy of heading up to see my parents (it doesn't matter how hard i look at my keyboard i can't locate the sarcasm font :rolleyes1)

I must be walking more because Carrot keeps increasing my step goal, good sign i guess. I downloaded the Samsung Health app to my phone (had it for a bit when the phone was new but it was soooo glitchy) and I'm actually enjoying some of those features that Google Fit doesn't have (it just tracks my steps, perhaps more but I never looked!) It tracks my sleep -- well i need to tell it notices how long it stays put i don't wear something that lets it know how many times I'm rolling around or up to peeeee :P . I could also use it to track my food intake, but DANG, since i make most of my meals it was taking me F O R E V E R to input stuff so i gave up after a day :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter