The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

after the last message decided to call the contractor. We are going to fix the depth to 35 inches so we cover a new washer. As for the width, the cabinet on the inside is fine so when we need to move the washer, will take the doors off. It is a pain, but I also don’t frequently move the washer either.

Well, Teamubr, the Dodgers won the WS. I watched of few innings of most games but didn't sit through all of them. Being an Indians fan by birth, I was pulling for the American League TB team (unless it's the Yankees). Now only 3.5 months until pitchers/catchers report for spring training.

I am scheduling (in pencil) a Spring 2022 trip to Arizona to soak up some Cactus League games around where the Tribe trains.
I watched most of the 6 games. I really thought TB would get to a game 7 and last night looked good... until it didn't. Once the Dodgers got the lead, it seemed like TB just lifted.

We made it to a Cards game a few years ago when they were playing a game at World of Sports. Not the same as playing at Roger Dean (their home field) in Jupiter. That is a plan some Winter though.

Next year will be interesting. We have a few key players that are free agents. One they announced today, they will not be offering a contract. (Wong- great 2nd baseman and runner that underperformed with the bat this year).

j

I watched most of the 6 games. I really thought TB would get to a game 7 and last night looked good... until it didn't. Once the Dodgers got the lead, it seemed like TB just lifted.

We made it to a Cards game a few years ago when they were playing a game at World of Sports. Not the same as playing at Roger Dean (their home field) in Jupiter. That is a plan some Winter though.

Next year will be interesting. We have a few key players that are free agents. One they announced today, they will not be offering a contract. (Wong- great 2nd baseman and runner that underperformed with the bat this year).

j

Watched the start of a game at Jim's campsite....

Hurricane Zeta coming ashore quickly tonight near NOLA and going to move quickly curving up through MS and into AL tonight between Montgomery and Birmingham. I will be on the "back side" of the rotation as it blows past.

Watching the hyperbolic storm coverage from Weather Channel is another "ho-hum". It's a very NARROW storm cone. Bad directly in line of the eye but surge/winds drop off significantly if perpendicular every 10-20 miles (especially on the back side).

Seriously, some storms are dangerous and should be taken seriously. Others move on and the residents shake it off - really - if it's the 7th hurricane in the northern gulf of mexico of the season - what is left to blow down that hasn't blown down already? :confused3 And it's "ONLY" a level 2 hurricane?

Weather is the ratings bonanza for LOCAL channels and Weather Channel (I hope their coverage pushes down condo prices in Gulf Shores and I can buy a cheap beach unit some day).

Jim Cantore and Stephanie Abrahms and the other Weather Channel personalities have a job to do but I have to get some <beauty> sleep tonight. :cloud9: Mrs. Bama Ed demands that I be beautiful every morning!

Headed to Gulf State Park next month (expecting it to still be there).

Bama Ed

Last edited:

I have been on hurricane watch too. We are supposed to get some wind and rain. Biggest issue is it will be here tomorrow morning when I usually run. Think tomorrow will be a rest day.

Hurricane Zeta coming ashore quickly tonight near NOLA and going to move quickly curving up through MS and into AL tonight between Montgomery and Birmingham. I will be on the "back side" of the rotation as it blows past.

Watching the hyperbolic storm coverage from Weather Channel is another "ho-hum". It's a very NARROW storm cone. Bad directly in line of the eye but surge/winds drop off significantly if perpendicular every 10-20 miles (especially on the back side).

Seriously, some storms are dangerous and should be taken seriously. Others move on and the rresidents shake it off - really - if it's the 7th hurricane in the northern gulf of mexico of the season - what is left to blow down that hasn't blown down already? :confused3 And it's "ONLY" a level 2 hurricane?

Weather is the ratings bonanza for LOCAL channels and Weather Channel (I hope their coverage pushes down condo prices in Gulf Shores and I can buy a cheap beach unit some day).

Jim Cantore and Stephanie Abrahms and the other Weather Channel personalities have a job to do but I have to get some <beauty> sleep tonight. :cloud9: Mrs. Bama Ed demands that I be beautiful every morning!

Headed to Gulf State Park next week (expecting it to still be there).

Bama Ed
You might want to check on your GSP reservation. My reservation for this week was cancelled. They posted on their facebook page this week that the campsites that were supposed to open on Nov.1 would not be open until Nov, 12. I received an e-mail and they called me about a deposit refund, but they didn't call me until the day before the reservation began. I hope it works out and you haven't been cancelled. You can check their facebook page for updates.

You might want to check on your GSP reservation. My reservation for this week was cancelled. They posted on their facebook page this week that the campsites that were supposed to open on Nov.1 would not be open until Nov, 12. I received an e-mail and they called me about a deposit refund, but they didn't call me until the day before the reservation began. I hope it works out and you haven't been cancelled. You can check their facebook page for updates.

I spoke to them this afternoon. Before Zeta they still had a spot for me. We shall see after.

Thanks, Ed

PS - this is my 3rd site number/move for this November reservation. I'm on it! :rotfl:

I spoke to them this afternoon. Before Zeta they still had a spot for me. We shall see after.

Thanks, Ed

PS - this is my 3rd site number/move for this November reservation. I'm on it! :rotfl:
Glad your spot is open. I went back and looked at the opening chart they posted and some campsites are open on Nov. 1 and some aren't opening until Nov. 12. Have fun! I'm still sad because my reservation was cancelled. They had a lot of damage. I've seen the pictures.

Have fun! I'm still sad because my reservation was cancelled. They had a lot of damage. I've seen the pictures.

Well the site I had is on the Nov 12 list (site #2) also so I had to be moved to a site along the main road (site #3). Not my favorite but met my date requirements.

I've been on a first name basis with the Gulf Campground reservation lady for the last week. Not pressing but just looking for an open site and open to changing. This November trip is our traditional fall visit time.

Yes they've had some damage. Been going to Gulf SP for 40 years now. I say "please" and "thank you" every chance I get and support the local tourism industry.

Ed

Last edited:
The eye of Zeta passed over us. That was pretty cool, I think that’s the second time I’ve been in the eye of a storm

It was awfully windy. My trees got a good pruning and it was pretty noisy and scary as it came through. The rain wasn’t bad at all.

my power flickered a bunch of times, but I ended up one of the lucky few that didn’t lose power. 450k+ power customers are out. Pretty sure the kids are gonna be home the rest of the week

i have lots of limbs to clean up tomorrow, a screen on one of the windows ripped, and some windows that haven’t had issues in several years leaked. I’m not sure if that an issue or the result of really high wind. I’ll have to keep an eye on that for normal rains.

oh, and the 5-y/o was very intrigued by the eye, since theres a song in Hamilton about it.

will be calling tomorrow to check on our campground for the weekend (and driving to check on our camper for that matter). I think the storm was tracking enough to the East for the campground to be ok.

We started getting the rains from Zeta in VA early this morning. They are calling for 2-3" locally with it.

I have been through the eye of two hurricanes. Once when I was a kid hurricane Gloria on LI, I thought it was cool and so eerily quiet.

Second time was in Jacksonville on a work trip, that was a cat3 and I was surprised how the locals handled it. Pretty much until winds got above thunderstorm, then it was like welp, time to close the bar and head home....

I think we are ready to welcome old man winter. I have the snow blade for the old tractor. I have fuel stabilizer in everything, the propane tank for the fireplace get topped off. Just one more RV trip before we put that away for the winter.

Construction update. We are NOT happy with the cabinets. They cost a lot of money and we were expecting solid wood doors and got MDF with veneer. We are extremely unhappy at the moment. Sent a text to contractor and told him to come tomorrow. I am not good with conflict so tomorrow will be a challenge. Also get to paint the bathroom this weekend so ugh.

9CC50D6E-C0D5-4488-BB6B-300E19DDD407.jpeg

Mallory is not happy, but I am sure that is because she wants a walk.

edited to add pic

We are NOT happy with the cabinets.
I can tell from the picture the bottom right side cabinet doors are out of square at the bottom and don't close correctly at the top.
What are the white stripes on the side between the cabinets?
Send a pic of side of doors

Yeah some issues, now things we do like the color and style, the flat front just not the part that the doors can chip. The overlay is not quite what we wanted but I am ok with that. I dont like the chip factor, I am pretty rough on things. We do love the tile though.

Finally had a day off. This evening entertainment consists of:
View attachment 535015

On television this evening...
View attachment 535016

tiggerdad, I counted up all my puzzles in my hallway closet:

- first I have one 3 pack Disney puzzle (1,000 & 500 & 300 piece)
- second I have one 5 pack Disney puzzle (1,000 & 2x500 & 2x300 piece)

if you count those all individually (total of 3+5=8),

I have 20 Disney puzzles (they are mostly 1,000 pieces with only a few 750).

There are only 4 non-Disney puzzles (and 2 of them are trains, 1 is a Key West puzzle, and 1 is a church stained glass window puzzle).

And I love working them ALL!

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter