The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I cry foul. Mom has a cold beverage in front of her. I don't see a nice Shirley Temple in front of THE ROCK STAR !!!!

Last edited:
We're back at Gulf Shores, but since we're camperless were staying at Phoenix...1, or maybe it's 7..., or is it 32? Can't remember, they have so many.

Anyway, on the way down we came across an oddity in the middle of hwy 45.
View attachment 356117

At first we thought road construction
View attachment 356118
But...
View attachment 356120

View attachment 356121

Something you don't see every day.
This is what happens when we let squirrels into the cockpits of aircraft. They all think they are ROCKY THE FLYING SQUIRREL

Great job getting qualified for Boston, Kris. That's a biggie!

Bama Ed

That is where that chafe came from. The worst is my armpit and I think it was from the rain.
My bad I forgot to remind to sprinkle some baby powder in the areas it will ride. On the plus side Bert is sure to enjoy applying Desitin if the shorts rubbed,

Mallory is living up to her rock star status, but momma is trying to steal the limelight a little. Ran the Chicago Marathon in mostly rain, it did pour at mile 8. I persevered though. I finished in 3:47:27. It should get me to Boston in April 2020.

Wow! Good for you - congrats.

I had my first slice of Gino's back in the early 90s on the recommendation of a co-worker.

My trip back then was a training exercise in Chicago-land. I made it to Gino's one week night....

Then made it to Notre Dame in Southbend on a Saturday against USC (VERY hard ticket to get back then)....

Then a Bears pre-season game on Sunday night at Soldier Field (what a relic SF was back then)....

But the highlight of the trip was going down the stairs into that smokey dark interior of Gino's and surrendering about halfway through my second piece....

I know there are competitors - but for me Chicago pizza means Gino's.

Bama Ed

PS - Kris, you may have to kick up the training routine between now and Boston to burn off that Gino's. I'm guessing there was some leftover/take home pizza but I assume that will go to Burt who is NOT running Boston so he has a longer timeline to burn those calories. I'm going to tune in when it comes time.

So we are in Reunion since Saturday. Saturday night we went to MK. Had dinner at skipper canteen then watched happily ever after for the first time. I have to say I loved it. Sunday I had to work in the morning, then breakfast at Boma, love it but lines are long. After breakfast went to Hollywood studios. Wanted to check out Toy story land. Only walked through Walt one man’s dream. Toy story was a sea of people. Then home to Mallory. Sunday night we went to Epcot. Ate t food kiosks. Flavors of fire is our favorite. Wanted to stay for illuminations but just could not. Today we worked. Will work all week and then AK on Friday.

Mallory is enjoying the outside. Here is a squirrel and her.

7EB58A83-A916-4A81-A7BE-26300A2A9B9F.jpeg

694D4F69-C06D-41A4-831E-A04CAFB799B0.jpeg

EB376ED6-8FEE-4AF8-93FB-908A11D8C0FD.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!