The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Well despite the fact today's temps here in Central Ala were 72F, I "winterized" my popup. As in, using the air compressor to blow the water out of the water lines. My plumbing is pretty simple in my Aliner - did it last year and it worked fine. So from now till spring break we will camping dry. We have a trip planned for Christmas-New Years basically.

Next on the list is to get some tires replaced on it (5 years since manufacture date so they're due). I will tee that up with my tire guy this week and get the work down next week.

I liked puttering with my Aliner today.

Bama Ed

Well the Crimson Tide cornhole team was not looking so good tonight. As much as I would like to stay up for this insomnia festival, I do have work in the morning.

Well the Crimson Tide cornhole team was not looking so good tonight. As much as I would like to stay up for this insomnia festival, I do have work in the morning.

Must be the B Team tonight.

I know the A Team played yesterday....

ED

Last edited:
Well despite the fact today's temps here in Central Ala were 72F, I "winterized" my popup. As in, using the air compressor to blow the water out of the water lines. My plumbing is pretty simple in my Aliner - did it last year and it worked fine. So from now till spring break we will camping dry. We have a trip planned for Christmas-New Years basically.

Next on the list is to get some tires replaced on it (5 years since manufacture date so they're due). I will tee that up with my tire guy this week and get the work down next week.

I liked puttering with my Aliner today.

Bama Ed

Even the stories of having to winterize cause me pain! We love our camper, but owning one in WI makes for a limited season. I expect that, once the kids are older, we will pull it south now and then in the winter months. For now, however, we spend 6-7 months buttoned up and full of the pink stuff!

Good luck on your trip at the end of the month!

Last edited:

Keep an eye out for the Midwest Dismeet 2019. We'd love to help ya get out and enjoy the camper more :thumbsup2

I most certainly will. Timing didn't work out this year - and our professional and personal lives tend to get a little overwhelming at times - but we'd love to make it work if we could.

There are still a few sites left at GSP, if you come in on Memorial Day. I just checked for a friend. j

Thanks for the invite - but 1,000 miles is a long haul for a long weekend. Someday... :car:

I too was thinking about doing a trip report on this side on our travels west. Our first out west trip of the year will be January and then again maybe not.

Honestly, we have 100 acres of beans left in the field, hubby is stressed to the max! If those beans don't come out, were not going anywhere. Hopefully, next week is providing a small window of opportunity and we can get them in bins and dry them out. He's currently fixing up a couple old bins, as they will most likely be too wet to haul to town.

I need to start trip planning, but can't until I get a green light from hubby.

Thanks, Marty. I'll probably do a trip report here on the Community Board since the topic of manatees has come up a couple times lately here and that's where we'll be camping.

Ed

Thanks, Marty. I'll probably do a trip report here on the Community Board since the topic of manatees has come up a couple times lately here and that's where we'll be camping.

Ed

That would be fun - I look forward to the pics!

I too was thinking about doing a trip report on this side on our travels west. Our first out west trip of the year will be January and then again maybe not.

Honestly, we have 100 acres of beans left in the field, hubby is stressed to the max! If those beans don't come out, were not going anywhere. Hopefully, next week is providing a small window of opportunity and we can get them in bins and dry them out. He's currently fixing up a couple old bins, as they will most likely be too wet to haul to town.

I need to start trip planning, but can't until I get a green light from hubby.
I feel your hubby's stress. 95% of the fields here in soy have yet to be harvested seems like we get rain every other day. Local weather other night we've had 140 days of measurable rain this year

Hmmm. We have never winterized the popup. Of course, we don't use the water tank anyway. We get maybe 4-5 freezing days total all winter here so I didn't ever think about it.
We are taking my dad's pup to Disney this time though, we did not get enough on ours repaired, or new canvas so we are putting our money toward Disney and a new (to us) camper in the next year or so anyway.

And my "baby" turned 2 today. Sniff Sniff.
We are likely going to book a trip in 2020 for his 4th Birthday so we can go around Christmas.

We started our holiday school break yesterday. We are on official break until the first week of February.

Hubby was suppose to have a chance yesterday and today to finish up the beans. Instead, we woke up to ice fog. Ice that never left the beans like they should have. The beans never did go yesterday despite having all the equipment and trucks ready to go. Crossing fingers he can get at them today. Rain is coming in.....again.....tomorrow.

We are still planning to head out west in January. I should say, just crossing fingers right now for beans, then the trip.

Today, I am addressing Christmas cards and doing some holiday baking. Kids have their 4H Christmas Party later this afternoon.

2017 & 2018 Christmas card photo.

Their Christmas pajamas still fit from last year, so I thought....repeat!

Charlotte - 2
Daniel - 8
Grace - 10

m - 2017.jpg

m-2018.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter