The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

New tires done <check>. Bearings were checked and still smooth and tight.

Pretty ready to go mechanically speaking.

Starting to look at the weather forecast for central Florida at the end of the month (I know, I know, don't bet the house now on what it says today for then). But still, shows highs in the upper 60s.

Tick tock. :hourglass

Bama Ed

New topic:

On my popup, the black cheap original nylon propane tank cover (2-20# tanks) has been ripped up by wind and other snags. Should I replace with a fabric cover or a stiff hard plastic 2-piece? Does color (white or black) make a functional difference (temp, heat buildup) or is it appearance only?

Other than refilling the tanks, I haven't given the cover much thought. Oh, can you get them themed like with your favorite NCAA school logo anywhere? :rolleyes1

Bama Ed

PS - if need be, I can always get a plain cover and apply the NCAA logo myself separately

Last edited:
Did you bump up to load range B tires? :D

Should I replace with a fabric cover or a stiff hard plastic 2-piece? Does color (white or black) make a functional difference (temp, heat buildup) or is it appearance only?
Oh, can you get them themed like with your favorite NCAA school logo anywhere? :rolleyes1
I had a hard white one on both of my TTs. It always seemed to look dirty. I don't think heat matters for the tanks. I'd probably just go for a nice vinyl one.

For enough money, I'm sure you can get whatever logo you want on a soft or hard cover. Even that big Auburn "A" you have on everything. :rotfl2: :duck:

j

New topic:

On my popup, the black cheap original nylon propane tank cover (2-20# tanks) has been ripped up by wind and other snags. Should I replace with a fabric cover or a stiff hard plastic 2-piece? Does color (white or black) make a functional difference (temp, heat buildup) or is it appearance only?

Other than refilling the tanks, I haven't given the cover much thought. Oh, can you get them themed like with your favorite NCAA school logo anywhere? :rolleyes1

Bama Ed

PS - if need be, I can always get a plain cover and apply the NCAA logo myself separately

On our TT had the hard black plastic, never noticed a big heat build up and my temp gauges were located in there, so I would have seen a temp spike.

Did you bump up to load range B tires? :D

I had a hard white one on both of my TTs. It always seemed to look dirty. I don't think heat matters for the tanks. I'd probably just go for a nice vinyl one.

For enough money, I'm sure you can get whatever logo you want on a soft or hard cover. Even that big Auburn "A" you have on everything. :rotfl2: :duck:

j

Boy, it's a good thing I've got you guys with those big long trailers and strong pulling trucks to help me with my little ol' popup. :worship:

Not sure why you would want the logo of the East Alabama Male College on your propane cover, Jim; they later changed their name to Alabama Polytechnic Institute (sounds better since women had been permitted to attend the same college, no?) and finally they became the University of Auburn (women could vote by that time but Auburn is always playing catch-up). We try to prop them up and boost their spirits whenever we can, bless their hearts. Although it's kinda rough for them right now. :scared:

But really, everybody knows Auburn is really a Georgia state school.
DWeU1BwVAAUGXk-.jpg

I might go with the hard black propane cover (the original one is black as I said) which goes well with the silver diamond plate behind it and the gray external color and black/silver trim. White would look out of place. And the swoosh A would look good to represent Title Town.

No rush, though. Might pursue this after New Years before the spring break trip.

Thanks guys! And Roll Tide.

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Not sure why you would want the logo of the East Alabama Male College on your propane cover, Jim;

I might go with the hard black propane cover (the original one is black as I said) which goes well with the silver diamond plate behind it and the gray external color and black/silver trim. White would look out of place. And the swoosh A would look good to represent Title Town.
E. AL. Male College? No wonder you make fun of them. Being from up north where we have real professional sports teams, :duck:(OK- the Rams barely qualified as "professional" and they are gone") I was unfamiliar with the dynamics between the Great Crimson Tide and the little college from across the border that also starts with an "A". Years ago, I mistakenly thought the A swoosh was for Auburn. I was quickly corrected by someone more knowledgeable. Based on the expression, passion and tone he was using, I could tell there wasn't any love loss.

Now I just do it for the reaction. I'm kind of like that though.

Good choice on the black. I'll send you a "Birds on the Bat" logo for it to go next to the "A"

bat.jpg

j

Corey photo Melissa! We are still puttering through the end of our year. I am just trying to get on to the Alamo before we start the next history time period- but dang the revolution is much more interesting to me thing time around than when I was in school haha.

Ed- I had the thought that black may look cleaner longer...but we don't have a cover for ours either so I don't really know.

"Cow College"

"The Barn"

"Dead Oak Corner"

Missing any other names?

When you get that new cover give me some dimensions and I'll get DW to cut you some vinyl to put on it. Whatever you like.

South Florida weather gotta be better than the soggy mess we got here.

Corey photo Melissa! We are still puttering through the end of our year. I am just trying to get on to the Alamo before we start the next history time period- but dang the revolution is much more interesting to me thing time around than when I was in school haha.

Ed- I had the thought that black may look cleaner longer...but we don't have a cover for ours either so I don't really know.

We took our nephews down to Gettysburg this fall to give them a little history lesson. I love it there.

44112848_1847946898622248_3570615370697932800_o.jpg

44216992_1847946385288966_7129323867985674240_o.jpg

44125408_1847946798622258_6987496746427351040_o.jpg

44308413_1847946435288961_87546959799255040_o.jpg

44190252_1847946698622268_870575603017842688_o.jpg

I would love to visit Gettysburg. Even better if I could camp nearby.

Plenty of campgrounds close to Gettysburg, right outside of town. And with the size of your rig, no problem setting it up here, but we are 45 mins from there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter