The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

please excuse the bad typing. I had surgery Monday. I tore the top tendon completely off my right rotator cuff. A wm is checking in on things here. so please use the report button for any posts that need attention. hopefully, I will soon be able to be on here a bunch, for 3 months of healing.

Yikes! No fun, that! Sorry, sure know what you are going through. :flower3:Have had both shoulders done in past. The physical therapy is not fun either, but have to get that range of motion back. Keep positive.

Denise Very sorry to see you have such an injury. We warned you about not properly stretching and warming up prior to utilizing and applying in a liberal fashion the ignorance eradication device to the head, neck, and shoulder regions particularly if they are taller than you

please excuse the bad typing. I had surgery Monday. I tore the top tendon completely off my right rotator cuff. A wm is checking in on things here. so please use the report button for any posts that need attention. hopefully, I will soon be able to be on here a bunch, for 3 months of healing.
Hope recovery goes well. Was this a previous problem or did you do it reeling in a big fish with Frank

Hope recovery goes well. Was this a previous problem or did you do it reeling in a big fish with Frank
It started hurting I went to Dr and MRI showed it was ripped off bone 90 %. Had surgery 6 days later. It was 100% ripped off. I have some cool pics of inside from the scope camera. She/Dr said it was a very fast tear.

So this morning we got up and headed to a local butcher for some meat for dinner. We purchased some Plate Ribs, which are not cheap BTW. I mean they have a huge amount of meat on them which is why we bought them. I got them on smoker and they are now resting. Will add pictures to this post after we slice them apart. I had the plate sliced in half so we will get two meals out of it, next time we may leave the plate whole. I also got an eye round roast to make more beef jerky this week.
We make smoked deviled eggs once again this week, oh so yummy.
It was too hot to do much of anything today, especially outside, real feel temps over 105 degrees.

67249052_2518664334821867_5288001401698385920_o.jpg
Seasoned with salt, garlic and onion

67356543_2518664508155183_1310719298846588928_o.jpg

On the smoker we go....
67484027_2519292401425727_464369110969483264_o.jpg
Done and rested...This is only half a plate.
67357413_2519292244759076_5906501573067931648_o.jpg

Sliced, and ready to eat...
67500271_2519292204759080_7930085091139649536_o.jpg
Plated and ready to go. The lower section on rib weighed in at 5.5 ounces.

Last edited:

Denise, I hate to hear that.

Of course that's going to take a couple miles per hour off your fastball.

You'll have to rely more on your curve, slider, and you might have to develop a spitball to keep the posters off balance from hitting to the opposite field.

Things will keep humming here but let Frank handle things at your direction if needed.

After some therapy you'll be good as new.

Best wishes - get well soon - and be a model patient.

Bama Ed

Was just at FW last week, but have a question. Can we rent a golf cart without staying at FW? If so, will they let us park at the entrance only renting a golf cart for a day?

Was just at FW last week, but have a question. Can we rent a golf cart without staying at FW? If so, will they let us park at the entrance only renting a golf cart for a day?

They sure will.

If you are there to spend money (as indicated by the fact you are holding a reservation) they will let you in.

An ADR for Trails End,
An Pre-purchased ticket for Hoop Dee Doo,
A Pre-purchased activity like the Segway tours or Horse Rides,
Or a reservation for a golf cart,

"Be Our Guest" :rockband:

Bama Ed

PS - I would recommend to you or anyone to make a reservation for a golf cart rental. They do charge your credit card before pick-up time. Meaning when you drive up to the guard's shack, you've already spent the money - so they BETTER let you in. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hey all - been a few weeks since I've been on, for a number of reasons, but it's good to be back and catch up some. I'm so glad you all weathered the storm ok. Denise - keep resting and healing. My prayers are with you!

As for us, two stories of intrigue...one bad and one good!

On the bad, a story made very short, northbound on I-69 headed into Indianapolis with the trailer in tow, and someone cut a matter of 2 feet in front of me driving at a much lower speed. I slammed on the brakes and heard a pop - blowing my front brake line leaving me with no brakes in the truck. I was lucky enough to have trailer brakes to get to safety, but it was not fun! A side-trip to a local shop and a full set of front lines later, we were headed home!

On the 'good' side, a last minute change of plans has us headed back to WDW. No Fort this time, but a week at Old Key West is just what we need. Can't wait!

Denise, we are sorry for your recent surgery. A tough one, but know you will be back at it in time. Take care, rest, be nice to Frank, and most of all, heal. Our thoughts are with you.

So during the lazy, hazy days of summer I have some weekends that don't have commitments scheduled solid from Friday night till Monday morning. This weekend was one of them and I did something "I" wanted to do yesterday (Saturday).

Wife and children, want to go with me? "No not interested/doing my hair".

Mom and Dad, interested? "No I'm pulling weeds in the yard Saturday/that's nice dear".

Okay I'll go by myself then.

Where?

I was formerly not aware that I lived 90 minutes away from an official US Presidential Library. As something of a history nerd, that interests me. But it's not the vast Presidential library of POTUS's from the last 100 years. No this is Ulysses S. Grant who was the famous Union General in the Civil War. And his Library is in Starkville, MS on the campus of Mississippi State University.

Yes, I said Mississippi.

He was born and raised in Ohio and died after two terms as President about 10 years after he left the White House in New York. But his official Library is in Mississippi. He is famous for winning the siege of Vicksburg on the Mississippi River in Mississippi among other victories. He cut off river traffic to Vicksburg, surrounded the town, then waited over a year. In the video shown in the Library, the Governor of Mississippi answered, when asked why seek Grant's Library in his state when the US Grant Association was looking for a home, that the state of Mississippi had done more for Grant's reputation than any other state, so why not?

It is small but interesting. So Saturday I drove to Stark-Vegas (summer, not busy at all) and visited my first US Presidential Library.

I was the only person to visit during the hour I was there. Just me and the young man working the desk. No charge of course.

There is a small wing adjacent that has some Lincoln memorabilia hence the Lincoln image in the picture above.

As I said it's not big.

The display continues back and around the left corner for a ways.

Bottom Line: Grant went to West Point as a young man and made the military his career (he loved horses). As a General he was known for his position on "unconditional surrender" although he was lenient on those terms. He was elected President after Andrew Johnson finished Lincoln's second term and was respected by Civil War vets on both sides during the Reconstruction years. After two terms as President, he traveled the world for three years as a representative of the US Government promoting US policy and as a negotiator. Interesting man.

Of course, going to a new town means finding a place to eat lunch. The Starkville Cafe was FULL and I had some chicken fingers that I could tell were genuinely hand made deep fried (chunks of chicken pulled from the bone, not processed meat). And it was full. There were still serving breakfast when I left at 1pm. I would recommend it.

It's not a big deal and didn't even fill an hour but it was only 90 minutes away. I'm glad I did it.

Bama Ed

PS - I'm sure our resident Mississippi DIS'ser, tiggerdad, is a donor to the US Grant Presidential Library and has accrued all the benefits that ensures. Loyalties aside, as a Southern Mississippi grad himself and his lovely DW a grad of The University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), certainly he could support the scholarly interest in the Grant Library and overlook the fact that the Library was in the town with the strongest college football team in the state. Heck for a brief time a couple years ago, MSU was ranked #1 in college football. Surely that must be a point of pride for him . . . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:
PS - I'm sure our resident Mississippi DIS'ser, tiggerdad, is a donor to the US Grant Presidential Library and has accrued all the benefits that ensures. Loyalties aside, as a Southern Mississippi grad himself and his lovely DW a grad of The University of Mississippi (Ole Miss), certainly he could support the scholarly interest in the Grant Library and overlook the fact that the Library was in the town with the strongest college football team in the state. Heck for a brief time a couple years ago, MSU was ranked #1 in college football. Surely that must be a point of pride for him . . . . . :rolleyes:

Yes, they were. Then they went to Tuscaloosa to play Alabama. They were not #1 after that...:teeth:
ran over.gif

I have no desire to go to that place, unless of course I wish to watch the cheerleaders graze on the field. My DW won't even go for that.

One weekend you should drive over and meet me and we'll head over to Vicksburg and tour the cival war park over there.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter