The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

I'll take it. I am currently in the market for a tv. My old Suburban is literally falling apart now.

I bet that big thing gets 16 gallons to the mile. It wouldn't even know my A-liner was back there.

ED
Ed the Mileage may be horrible but I the protection of your treats from the NSS would make it worth while. Even if you added the optional 50's

Well it is Friday morning, my body is telling me I am no longer 19 years old.

I spent this week in chainsaw training class for work. Was a good class, but hot and humid, dodging thunderstorms and working in the rain. In the end, scored 13 out of a possible 15 for the 3 trees we had to fell. Last tree was only a 4, but with a different evaluator, had the evaluator that did my first two trees did my last I am sure I could have gone 14/15.
Missed my first lay by about 15 feet, turns out the tree was rotted more than we could see and I lost over half my hinge. Last two trees, dropped exactly where I planned them to be. I was also the only one during testing to get a perfect score on a tree.
We had 20 students, most passed.
I am now sore, swollen, and tired. Went thru a lot of gatorade this week, a lot of water trying to stay hydrated.
Now to get ready for a week with the nephews.

So I was out shooting the other day and teaching DW to shoot a pistol. DW was doing well, but needs to practice.
I was having some issues, having a hard time diagnosing. Well when it was all said and done I purchased the Mantis X10 system.
It follows your shot and tells you what you are doing wrong. Today I only got to dry fire, but look forward to using it on the range. It can also be adapted to my hunting rifle to tell me if I have any trigger pull issues there.

Wow, a lot of long time marriages here. Well Congratulations to all.

Today DW is headed to pick up the nephews. They will be spending the week with us.
I am up early and working on dinner. Thanksgiving in August !!! I got up prepped my turkey and it is in the smoker now for about 9 hours. We will see how this turns out, as well, never smoked a turkey. We have done a couple of fryer chickens, so figure the turkey is about the same.

Next month will be 32 years for me and DW but we dated as juniors in HS (I took her to the prom our senior year) and then went through 5 years of college before she finally said yes. So it feels like 7 more years (5 college + 2 high screwel) or 39 total.

Here's hoping for another 39 years. :love2:

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Today I was back up in my old stomping grounds around the Birmingham, AL area and around noon found myself about six minutes from ...

Mecca.

Ground Zero.

A Shrine where others have gone before me.

No B1G fan knows what it's like for one school to have won six national championships. I'm sure everyone else remembers where they were when you heard the news back in January 1983 that Coach Paul Bryant had passed away. I know where I was. Everybody does.

Today I was near Elmwood Cemetary in Birmingham, AL and simply turned in the main gate to follow the crimson colored dashed line on the right side of the road through this immense cemetery to the grave of the greatest college football coach to have coached the game as we stand here today. It's not hard to find and thankfully it's close to the road.

But eventually the crimson dashed lines on the pavement turn 90 degrees to arrows. Right there.

There are obvious signs of veneration:

1. Coke bottles and cans to remember his Sunday shows breaking down film from the day before. Coke and Golden Flake potato chips were show sponsors.
  2. Crimson and White shakers.
  3. A faded cap with the swoosh A on it.
  4. American flags to honor his service in the Navy during WWII.
  5. Pink roses for Mary Harmon Black Bryant (his wife) who preceded him in death buried just to the right of him.
  6. A houndstooth ribbon (a more modern touch) reminiscent of his houndstooth cap he wore outdoors during games while becoming the winningest coach in big time college football history.

I can check that one off my bucket list.

Bama Ed

PS - interested parties can PM me for details about how to honor The Bear.

Last edited:
This is from Goodland, KS. QB that played 1/2 of a game with a collapsed lung, backup to Tommie Fraizer, instrumental in championship run that year when Fraizer got hurt. Killed in a experimental aircraft crash about 1 week before the NFL draft. Every year on anniversary of his death, someone decorates the site.

So many great years together for many of you. I had my slow start, and now Melissa and I are looking forward to my first and both of our last marriages. And because "things were too quiet around the house" (please note some sarcasm.) We agreed with the kids to add a pup to our home. Meet Willow, our Catahoula Leopard Mix we just rescued.

She is a ball of energy, but also so sweet, though she has potential congenital heart defect called PDA or Patent Ductus Arteriosus. It can be fixed surgically and we have her going to someone Thursday to confirm it and look at surgical options. We are truly committed rescuers, not for one moment did we consider any other option then to find out what could be done so she can have a long healthy life with us.

And who could resist that face? Even bug as taken to her (excuse the mess, I am mid project in the library.)

Thought the cats may beg to differ.

@jbrostek congrats on the new puppy. She is adorable. Also, thank you for rescuing.

I missed my brandy bear. And once the girls got me thinking about a puppy and we saw this one. Well I was sold.

We just found out about the issue at her first vet visit with us. So we will keep everyone posted.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter