The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Thyroid is once again low, but my new issue is I am diabetic.
Chris,

The job thing sucks. Hopefully your current job is still fun/enjoyable. I remember when you got it last year, it seemed like a pretty good gig.

The hypothyroidism and diabetes are often linked. Like Michael said, both are very manageable. I suspect if you get the thyroid under control, your A1C will trend back closer to normal. Even if it doesn't, there are some very good newer classes of drugs that can manage glucose levels better than insulin injections. Besides, exercise makes a huge impact and walking miles (and miles) at WDW is great exercise! So book several trips now. Get insurance to pay for it since it is "therapeutic". :)

j

@PaHunter That sucks to hear that the opportunity was lost. Just keep and eye out for the next one!!! I am sure the doc can get all that under control with you. I have heard the two are linked and normalizing one will help with the other. Hoping the news and adjustments are not too complicated or expensive.

We made some good progress around the new RV. Filled a second trash can full of junk collected over 6 years. Got all the stuff put away and see how much more room we have for "stuff" left in this unit. Another good warm weekend and not only will be be fully packed, I might really want to go camping!!

So Doc says it is not too bad. Says if I can lose a little bit of fluffy, it will help a lot. Have worked to cut most sugars out and trust me for a Coke lover that is not easy. I mean I went from between 6 to 10 a day to 2. Doc is like can we get it to one.....that may not work. Looks like I will need to work on cooking something for lunches, can cut bread out there. And well will try to see about a mountain bike, walking is ok, but can not run, knees do not like that. So an adjustment to thyroid meds, yet again and see how that works out.
On the job front, stinks to find out did not get it, but I do enjoy what I am doing.
Well maybe this weekend I can smoke up some ground beef for chili, that I can take for work lunch. Have never been a salad person, so makes things tough some times.

its the carbs Chris, my A1C was creeping up to pre-diabetes, doc sent me to a nutritionist, apparently everything in my diet for the past 60 years is carbs (sugar), bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, beer. now its vegetables, strawberry, blueberry's, proteins, meat, beans, spam, eggs, zucchini noodles are actually very good. chili is good for you!

its the carbs Chris, my A1C was creeping up to pre-diabetes, doc sent me to a nutritionist, apparently everything in my diet for the past 60 years is carbs (sugar), bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, beer. now its vegetables, strawberry, blueberry's, proteins, meat, beans, spam, eggs, zucchini noodles are actually very good. chili is good for you!

This is usually the case. Nutritionists are very helpful. Most folks drastically underestimate the amount of carbs they are consuming.

Yep substitute riced cauliflower for rice and zucchini or squash noodles for pasta. We bought a veggie peeler that does the noodles and buy squash when on sale. I will say though you need a few squashes. We tend to buy 4 or 5.

chicago is a tough location to watch your diet..Portillos, Malnatis, Buena Beef, Hot dog joint on every corner
Funny you should mention it. We went up to Wisconsin to our friends dairy farm in the fall.
A friend of theirs from down our way says "I stopped at this Portillo's place and got some chocolate cake, I hope it's good". :rotfl2: :thumbsup2

PS to all coming to the dismeet. I will be bringing said chocolate cake so fasting before hand might be a good idea.

To put it into perspective, many people have gotten into knock down, drag out brawls over it. :sad2: :thumbsup2

Dieting sucks, but changing your eating habits work a lot. My weight has crept up since my injury and recovery through 2018, and now as a happily married man it crept a little more.

I tried the plant based rice replacements and they are not for me. However, stop buying processed white rice like uncle bens. Long grain rice and brown rice are lower carb/sugar and better fiber. You don't even need to cut bread, look for lower sugar and no less than 4gr a of fiber per slice.

You want to try something out, download myfitness pal or any other meal tracker and log what you eat each day. You will be surprised when you start to read the label how much you can cut some of it with just a simple change of brand or just cut back or out on one item. Just a change in bread and my brand of yogurt for my morning breakfast cut 15g of carbs!!

First lesson of the new RV, triple check the location of your new door accessories. The new steps are awesome, but it looks like we have a clearance issue with the added door bar. So we need to see if I can tweak it a little to clear the steps better before the first trip. I guess live and learn, we took all the time to check ever clearance except for that.

here is my woe is me story. I am having a tough day. We all know life has not been so kind to me lately. Mallory is struggling. She went to the vet on Saturday. They did another culture of her wound. She has been off the antibiotic for over a week. I am hoping to hear from the vet today, if not i will call. I am hoping she can go on a different antibiotic but now my concern is the infection is a problem. It was MRSI so not good. She is eating and drinking chicken water. She is refusing regular water but loving chicken water. We did get a good pee out of her today and she is pooping. She just is super tired, and she lost all her strength and energy. Her sparkle seems gone.

I know she is old and there is only so much but ugh. I am just feeling it today. Of course I also received the call that my brother's remains are ready, and i have been busy getting that condo cleaned out.

Oh yeah and Bert is sick. We have my big fancy bday (it is late) dinner on Saturday so he will be feeling better by then.

here is my woe is me story. I am having a tough day. We all know life has not been so kind to me lately. Mallory is struggling. She went to the vet on Saturday. They did another culture of her wound. She has been off the antibiotic for over a week. I am hoping to hear from the vet today, if not i will call. I am hoping she can go on a different antibiotic but now my concern is the infection is a problem. It was MRSI so not good. She is eating and drinking chicken water. She is refusing regular water but loving chicken water. We did get a good pee out of her today and she is pooping. She just is super tired, and she lost all her strength and energy. Her sparkle seems gone.

I know she is old and there is only so much but ugh. I am just feeling it today. Of course I also received the call that my brother's remains are ready, and i have been busy getting that condo cleaned out.

Oh yeah and Bert is sick. We have my big fancy bday (it is late) dinner on Saturday so he will be feeling better by then.

Hope the vet has good news, if not send Bert to the vet...maybe they can give him something. Alright, maybe he should go to the dr.
That was the thing the other day, it was just everything getting to me. Now if I could just get me some of that vanilla ice cream coke.

Such a wrenching run lately - I truly pray that it turns to the good for your birthday celebration. A little light can go a long way in the midst of the clouds!

Dieting sucks, but changing your eating habits work a lot. My weight has crept up since my injury and recovery through 2018, and now as a happily married man it crept a little more.

I tried the plant based rice replacements and they are not for me. However, stop buying processed white rice like uncle bens. Long grain rice and brown rice are lower carb/sugar and better fiber. You don't even need to cut bread, look for lower sugar and no less than 4gr a of fiber per slice.

You want to try something out, download myfitness pal or any other meal tracker and log what you eat each day. You will be surprised when you start to read the label how much you can cut some of it with just a simple change of brand or just cut back or out on one item. Just a change in bread and my brand of yogurt for my morning breakfast cut 15g of carbs!!

First lesson of the new RV, triple check the location of your new door accessories. The new steps are awesome, but it looks like we have a clearance issue with the added door bar. So we need to see if I can tweak it a little to clear the steps better before the first trip. I guess live and learn, we took all the time to check ever clearance except for that.

DW is on board, she doesn't want to get rid of me...at least not until after the Dismeet. Kidding. So we will make some dietary adjustments, got a mountain bike coming that I will take to work and ride on my lunch time (weather pending.)
I know tigger was up there picking on me but salads, have never been my thing. I will make it work.
Always something with the trailers, hope to get a chance to see it later this year.

Hoping everything’s goes good with Mallory, and I agree, you both have been through a lot. Things will turn for the better soon.

Wasn’t much going on at work today so I took a drive over to the company sugar house and wasn’t much going on there either. Everyone was out in the woods tapping trees. Not sure how many taps they are going to get this year, but I can be pretty positive it will be close to, if not over 100,000.

There was no boiling today and I didn’t look into the sap tanks to see how full they where. When the process pics up and they do start to boil I will post more pics. For now here is the sugar house and three of the rigs.

DEEFFFCA-D2CF-4779-AAA9-EB3BCE1FC047.jpeg

A020EC1B-64E9-4D2B-9F06-897F1055DCE9.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter