The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

My second project on lay off is working on the MH.

With the older MH there is a old tube type tv that sets in between the driver and passenger seats.

9D6C4DCF-494C-4376-8877-0B8C903286BA.jpeg

Well, we don’t have ( cable ) / watch tv at home except maybe a dvd once a week, so I removed the tv.

F8BA404E-93C6-42A8-B28D-C110273AF916.jpeg Back in the nice hole where the tv was is a cigarette lighter port and a electrical outlet. For the longest time I have been trying to figure what I wanted to do with that area.

I happen to have a of 3/4 plywood that is nice and smooth. I made a template out of card board and came up with this. Sorry the pic is sideways, I took it with my I pad and forgot I don’t have to hold it landscape.

5E95F306-110F-40C7-87C3-34CB117FA41C.jpeg

The top panel is a volt meter with a cigarette adapter on the left and 2 USB ports on the right. One of the switches will before a set of driving / fog lights that I need to install and another will be for a light on the back of the MH for night backing.

I took the plate off of my radio for a cb template, there the same size.
Then my iPhone underneath. I was going to put a mount for my I pad on top but with it just sitting up there I had a little visual blockage looking out toward the passenger side windshield. Depending on how big the screen for the back up monitor is I may put that on top of the box and my I pad over on my left side.

The passenger side will just have a storage compartment for DW’s I pad, and then mount new cup holders.

I need to make the box removable to allow access to the doghouse if I ever I need to. This is just a rough idea, I may change it before I start building.

If you have good fabricators, I cut off about 4" of the post, cut it lengthwise and rewelded open just enough for post to fit in. I welded it to a plate and bolted to the bottom
kinda similar to @tiggerdad.
Absolutely keep the top as original as possible, I think the original lettering is cool

Absolutely keep the top as original as possible, I think the original lettering is cool

I like the lettering also. There is more on the can itself along with serial number. I was going to see what I could find online about the company that made it. As far as the lettering I was planning on highlighting it with a different color after it was painted.

Well that concludes my 50th Birthday. Never figured it would be in isolation during a pandemic. Had as good a day as I could. Maybe tomorrow I can get around to stripping our milk can. Almost have first Star Wars project done, well better part of it anyway. Remember, be careful out there tomorrow, it is April 1st.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRIS
Is that Blaster an Imperial M79

The don't have anything fun like an Imperial M79. This first is a long blaster, DLT19 which is basically a WW2 MG34 used by the Germans. It will be followed by the E11 which every stormtrooper carries in the movies, which was a modified Sterling SMG. Started to print that last night.
DW is ready for me to go back to work. As much as she likes me getting home projects done, and personal projects, she says I spend too much money when I am not working.

@snowmedic I used a PVC toilet bowl flange and 3" pipe to give a nice stable and easy to insert base for the one bucket I made. We built a more travel friendly version of it out of PVC that I been using the last few years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!