The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

P.S. What movie are those clips from. I thought Rio Bravo was the only Duke movie with Dean Martin, but IMDB doesn't say Gabby was in it.

P.S.S.- You know, unless they were big John Wayne fans, everyone under 50 has no idea what we are talking about. :blush:

j

True, that. I stand corrected.

My dad used to watch the old black and white movies with Roy Rogers and Gabby Hayes was his sidekick. It's easy to confuse two old fussy, crotchety, loyal sidekicks.

Walter Brennan was in Rio Bravo with Duke and Dean.

Good catch.

Bama Ed

PS - and hey, the under-50 set is missing out. I raised my kids right, dammit. They know who John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Humphrey Bogart, and Bugs Bunny are. They know music from The Doobie Brothers, ELO, Boston, The Bee Gees, and Chicago.

Last edited:
I was more of the Clint Eastwood Western fan myself but my father made sure I watched all the John Wayne movies too.

First vhs movie I ever watched at home as a kid was Pale Rider. Was hooked thereafter. But, I'll take a strong compliment from ED for the nomination.

Also, Wile E. Coyote was my cartoon idol.

Gabby was a tribute to Gabby Hayes when he was sidekick to THE DUKE in his early B movies. When we pull coach out of the driveway Do it Again by Beach Boys is playing. When DW takes wheel Jan and Dean Little Old Lady From Pasadena goes in replaced quickly by Rod Stewart

PS - and hey, the under-50 set is missing out. I raised my kids right, dammit. They know who John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Humphrey Bogart, and Bugs Bunny are. They know music from The Doobie Brothers, ELO, Boston, The Bee Gees, and Chicago.

I am not 50 (well closer then I'd care to admit) but I am quite familiar with all of them even though I wasn't a big "Western" movie fan. Back then, though, we had one TV and Dad and Mom usually chose what we watched. If we didn't like it, we'd have to go find something else, (Play outside, ride bike, read book, etc...). Also, the remote controls were a lot bigger in those days but it did have the advantage of being Voice Activated... "Paul, Put on Channel 16!" So I got up and put on Channel 16 (which was actually number 6 on the dial of 13) :)

How did you know! ...

... P.S. What movie are those clips from. I thought Rio Bravo was the only Duke movie with Dean Martin, but IMDB doesn't say Gabby was in it.
:blush:

j

TEAMUBR Are you saying I am OLD. Yes Move was RIO BRAVO the only one THE DUKE made with Dean also the two who portrayed Feathers and Colorado. And Actor who played Gabby easy Grandpa from The Real McCoy's
We were both wrong Just remembered Dean was also in The Son's of Katie Elder

We were both wrong Just remembered Dean was also in The Son's of Katie Elder

The main theme song from "The Sons of Katie Elder" is in one of the background loops for Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge. I have two of the 1-hr background loops and it's in one of them.

Here is the audio song/sample from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/The-Sons-Of-...463436770&sr=1-1&keywords=sons+of+katie+elder

Since my mom was nicknamed Katie, this was a special movie for me growing up.

Bama Ed

The main theme song from "The Sons of Katie Elder" is in one of the background loops for Fort Wilderness and Wilderness Lodge.
I could easily see that playing on Crockett's porch. Great song, but it is Elmer Bernstein afterall. I had to Google that movie. I don't think I have ever seen it. Probably why I didn't know Dean Martin was in it.

I think we've been on this topic a little too long. I'm afraid the
ATTACH]
ontopic-gif.168750
sign is going to come out.

So...

How many of you fix the little things that seem to go wrong on our RVs as opposed to taking it in to a dealer, even if under warranty?

j

(Choking on dust and waving hands to clear the air)

Yeah...
(Cough)

Repairs..I do my own now that warranty is out. Replaced outdoor countertop, furnace airflow sensor, metal siding damage from electrolysis, complete brake assembly and bearing seal. Several things. Local dealers too slow and too expensive.

I helped my neighbor replace his rubber roof 3 years ago.

The little glitches that seem to pop up I can normally handle The major ones ie those that involve electricity or that our deductable will cover go to the shop

Oh pleeze.

We are on the Community Board already.

This is the Off topic chit chat thread.

We are so far off that anything goes. That's why Mom put this out there. What is :offtopic: X :offtopic:? It equals ON Topic. (Duh).

Jim, even though Katie's Sons were "too little too late", they tried to make it up to her knowing that she was watching from heaven. It is important for anyone to watch it.

Dean backed Duke in "Sons...".

Bama Ed

Ok, gotta admit not a big western fan, but I do love watching John Wayne in "The Longest Day". And being as Jimmy Stewart is my name, I do have a bit of an impression since I am always queried about it (like they were the first ever to ask....of course, I do not mind) :D

I find that the best RV's out there have a little placard that says "Manufactured in Bedford Falls" :p

Jim, even though Katie's Sons were "too little too late", they tried to make it up to her knowing that she was watching from heaven. It is important for anyone to watch it.
I read the plot on IMDB. It's also one of the only movies I ever seen get a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. Not sure how I missed this one. Between watching my dad's Charlie Chan and my mom's John Wayne movies, I thought I had most of these covered. I'm not too much of a movie watcher now, but I may hunt Katie's Sons down.

j

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts